Tuesday 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 8/28

Good morning...work is just that work...I think that I will like it. I have a lot to remember a lot to remember. I will get it over time and just need to quiet being so hard on myself....the thing that will happen is that in time the students will learn what we have. They will order right and we won't have to explain it all to them.

I am finding myself exausted by the end of the day and I think that will change also.

Morning. Glad you like your job Beth and yes, everyone will settle in quickly. A new school year for them and a new job for you...piece of cake!

Yesterday I got my flu shot and pneumonia shot. Did not intend to but I went to ask the pharm tech a question and one thing led to another. I even bought a new sweatshirt jacket! Then Jon went to buy chemicals to get the green out of the pool so one of us is out of season sync. He has had a time with the pool in the last couple of weeks...maybe because no one has been in it steady this summer. He doesn;t want to close it yet but I think putting money into all those chemicals is ridiculous. Says the lady who does not get into the pool!

I have plenty to do today but not sure what will get done...also need a pedi. With the heat it will be another fast meal. My tomatoes are finally coming in. Jon picked 4 yesterday and said there are another 4 ready soon. They really are tasty! Maybe he will get a jar of salsa yet. Andrew's other sister has been canning pickles. What a shock she would be that domestic! She kidded Jon he can have a jar of her pickles if he makes her a jar of his salsa. She and her SO are canning pickles and Sierra is running around like she is 15 with a dead beat loser..go figure!

Guess no matter what I do it should done early to beat the heat. I really have to run the vac in the kitchen...there are crumbs under that table that are weeks old. It has been a lazy summer for me for sure!

Stay cool and be happy.

Comment

Good morning.
      Looking forward to a bright and sunny day.
      No particular plans for today, but there are always things needing to be done.

Yesterday’s doctor appointment went very well. The new med must be working for me. I did not need a blood infusion. Yay! This doc also took a look at my sore toe, and gave me a prescription cream for it to fight whatever infection I have. I’ll also do an epsom salt/hot water soak to keep drawing out the goop inside. So I don’t need to make another trip to another doc for it. It doesn’t look or feel so bad today, though. The NP laughed, saying if there is a bacterial germ around, even in the hospital, I’m obviously the one who will get it. I guess that is because I have an impaired immune system. Other than that, I’m doing good.

Hi Beth, a new job takes a bit of time to get used to. Before long, you will be doing those things automatically. Don’t worry yourself, and keep a smile on your face.

To anyone posting as I’m typing, and those who follow, have a wonderful day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am up and at'em and ready for the day...I think.
        It is cool at 61* and will be in the mid 90's later.

I have not been in our pool nearly enough, considering I pay for pool service. It is great when I have the school kids but I require swimmers only in the pool, and never anyone who wears pull-ups, so as soon as the kids go to school, that is it for daycare.

Maybe today after daycare. this is Becky's first Last day of College and it will be a long one. Her Tuesdays will get over at 6:50pm, I think she said. So Ican go out after daycare and not think about what to fix for dinner.
        It will be tuna melts, if anyone wants to know. Total comfort food for her. She took pictures this morning and I am sure I will be tagged in them if anyone wants to see...

Not much going on around here. One child will be home today because the school age sibling is sick. But both babies will be here, so it will be busy as usual.

Hope your day has more than a few good moments and cheer!
        Beth, that is a good kind of exhaustion: hones work and learning new skills! good for you!

Comment

Good Morning, they say it is supposed to be another heat related day...I have no plans to be out in it.

Sadden to read of John's passing...bless Elaine's heart she has done all she could to help him. My prayers are with her.

I will continue to try and get my laundry done, just feeling lazy, LOL...nothing that 'has' to be done...sometimes just kicking back and relaxing feels good..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good afternoon, nice breeze blowing here, hope it stays that way since we are going to the State Fair later on. Today is 2$ Tuesday, admission, and a lot of things have specials, at least that is what Candie told me.

Comment

Hey all! I'm alive...sort of. I've come down with a summer cold and just feel like crap, but I don't have time to be sick.

Yesterday we busted our butts all morning, then I had to take Blaise for his counseling appt. Stopped for Arby's & Aldi's then home for him to get ready for karate. By the time I FINALLY got home, I was in a pi**y mood and close to cussing. The guys kept asking me questions and wanting me to solve problems and I HAD to get started on pies. It was another midnight baking session. GRRRRR!!! Didn't help I was starting to feel like total crap.

This morning I was dragging, but Sue was coming and there was plenty to do. The original plan was to make ladylocks, but I didn't get the dough made, and we couldn't have done them anyways since there was a bushel of peaches to do up and dough to be made & rolled. I could hardly wait for Sue to leave at noon so that I could lay down for a nap. 2 hrs later I was feeling a little more human. Now it's onto making more filling and assembling pies. I have a couple special orders for tomorrow. I am SO READY for a break.

You'll do fine Bethina. I always did say that mental labor is sometimes more exhausting then physical labor. That's why you are tired.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
              X