Just talked to Elaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just talked to Elaine

I just KNEW when she was calling me that it wasn't going to be good news. John passed away on Saturday. He was at home & she was with him. She said it was a horrible death, but she was so glad she was by his side. She said to let you all know. She doesn't know if or when she'll be back to the RT. Too many memories she said.....at least at this point. I told her we'd be here for her. I'll call her in a few days just to check on her.

So sorry to hear this, but not unexpected to me from what she had told JoGee.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

So sorry to hear this news..I also am not totally surprised but sadden all the same.

Comment

Thank you, cookie. This is very sad news. I'm sorry it was so tough on them.
        I do hope she returns to the RT, eventually. I've missed her posts.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Comment

My deepest sympathy for Elaine...so very sorry to read this news about John....he had suffered for so long as did Elaine caring for him...My heart goes out to all the family.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Like others have said sad to hear but not unexpected. Hope she comes back. With all the years together she is going to face memories everywhere .

Comment

I’m sure that is true, Darla. That is a big adjustment to make and deal with.

I very much dread the day when I lose E; on the other hand, I may well be the one who goes first, (a realistic view of my health problems).
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this. And that it was so hard on them.
                  just praying for her now ❤️

Comment

Late getting here today.. and just now read about John's passing...

I feel so sad for Elaine, she and John were a "couple" that gives that word real meaning...

this is one of those moments when I dearly wished we lived closer. real hugs are so much better than computer ones..

ever grateful to this place called RoundTable.. to have met and know John. My David and he clicked at our first RT get together. and he never hesitated when I ask him to drive from here in Pa to Texas to visit them.. I do hope Elaine comes in to read the RT.. She must know how much she means to all of us...
                    Thoughts and Prayers for Elaine and their family..

Comment

Very well said, Maye. I'm sure we all feel that way.
                      thank you.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X