• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 27 Monday..

good morning everyone...
    Rise and shine..
    I have coffee ready.!!!
    I am doing my morning chores..Cleaning the house..And attack the dust bunnies...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I would need an army to attack the dust bunnies in this place! They have gotten out of control but I will get them this fall! It is going to be very hot today and the humidity is horrible. I am guessing Andrew and his dad will hit the pool after school so I am thinking taco salad for supper. Fast, easy and they can eat it whenever they get the urge without me setting a table.

I have a pile of laundry and need to run out for taco stuff. I think those are the only chores. Nothing going on around here but staying cool.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      My windows were all steamed up on the outside this morning, way to much humidity in the air, stifling will stay inside and do a few chores....

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW.!!!..on the dust bunnies....I had to get now...Someone was playing with it....
      It is heat wave..

Good Morning Sassy, thanks for the coffee and cookie...

Got up and got going yesterday morning, no time to post. We went to visit our son in MI yesterday, he and hubby installed the front porch post, he had new concrete porch put in last spring and it needed to totally cure before posting again...while they did that I made a pan of lasagna along with salad and garlic bread...had the salad all prepared before we left home, also had the italian sausage cooked and the ricotta cheese mixture ready in a bowl also...so didn't take long to put it all together...

I also started removing all the wallpaper in his eat in kitchen area, and kitchen....will be going back to finish doing it, the guy needs the help so help we are giving...being a bachelor and taking care of 5 acres can be overwhelming...and I love a good project...and he is happy for the help. Think hubby and I will go back and spend a couple of days removing the wallpaper, the backing, and patch the walls and get it ready for painting..he had been in the house for probably 10 yrs. and hates the wallpaper that was in it...John Deere wallpaper and border.

Need to spiffy up the house and do some laundry today, and will probably make fajitas for supper.

Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, all our windows are steamed too. Temp of 96 today with heat index of up to 107. That is why I am showering early to head to the grocery store. I have no idea what that 'dry' dessert heat would feel like!

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning boffler..You are welcome....

Oh, my gosh! Sharon, a breakfast area with John deere wallpaper?! I can't imagine it, but I know what that kind looks like..
    My hat is off to him he could live with it that long! How are you taking the wallpaper off? I need a tried and true way. I had my bathroom papered years ago by a professional and of course, now, I just want it down and painted...

It is cool this morning and only got to the 80's yesterday. Saturday and yesterday were really hazy and smoke was in the air, so not much was done outside and people were leaving early form church with headaches...I didn't have one but Becky did. She stayed but was happy I didn't take food to stay for the pot luck.

I have to go turn on lights and get ready for the kids. My early boy is a Wed, Thurs, Fri schedule so it makes the start of the week a bit easier.
    I hope you all can start slow and take your time today and enjoy your morning!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      When we moved into the last house we renovated it had wallpaper on every wall and the ceiling. We tried lots of different bottles of stuff and ended up with spray bottles filled with warm water and scrappers! The worst was the ceiling...omg! Why would people do that especially since we found really nice stenciling around the ceiling. Of course we painted it all when finished but what a job! This paper was from the 50s so maybe the paste they use now will be more soluble. Good luck to any one stripping wallpaper!!! It is hard work....

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to wish you good luck on wallpaper..
      I did it long time ago..And worse time too..It rain..Then after we peel it off..There was mold..We had to open the house up..Then put bleach on the wall..And alot of fans...Too dry the room out..It took a bout one month to dry.We sleep in the living room..Not good...

Good morning...
    I couldn’t get in here this morning. Paula, I tried after you emailed, and still couldn’t. I don’t know why, but at least I got in now.
    Just finished getting my labs. They were pretty slow at it. It’s an hour’s wait to see my NP yet, and hope the labwork results are posted. Then we will see if I get that infusion or not.
    On our way to the waiting room, e told me a stupid joke, so I hit him with the newspaper. I didn’t hear them, but he said several people who were chuckling at it.
    My toe is still causing some problem with discomfort. I have been doing epsom salt soaks, so it’s not as bad as it was. Who knows, I might have it fixed myself before I see the right doctor.

today we are supposed to get 101°. Actually, Maxi, with the dry air, it actually feels cooler. I recall getting on a plane in OH when it was in the low 90’s one year, and people were complaining they were “ dying in the heat”. When we got off the plane in Phx, it was 107° of dry heat, and those same people were thankful for the “relief”!

i can’t think with half these people talking on cell phones, so will close .....
    have a great day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening.
      Spent much of the day at the Cancer Center. I did NOT need the blood infusion! My blood panel shows much improvement, though it could be better. It takes time. She did look at my poor toe....still red and swollen. (Why do they have to poke the swollen red skin??? Ouch!). But she did prescribe a cream to clear whatever infection I have. I still will continue the daily soaks. I use the cream 2x a day.
      So it was a good day, in the long run.
      Have a good evening/night.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X