No announcement yet.

SUNDAY Aug 26th....where did August go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUNDAY Aug 26th....where did August go?

Good Morning! Rather dreary here so far today, but we need what little rain Mother Nature will spare.

Yesterday was a jack pot day for me at garage sales....not so much for Cork. I got these GORGEOUS glass plates for a song n dance. I think I figured out they worked out to $.31 each. Now granted, I dropped a chunk of change on them all, but I'm ready to make very pretty plates of cookies. This lady had a shop on Main Street, and she was just trying to get rid of inventory at dirty cheap prices. I got two pie baskets for $3 each...WOW! We got a tall dresser for our room for me to put my shirts & such. At another sale I found 2 big heavy duty cooling racks. I've prices them and one normally costs about $18, but I got 2/$1. Whole stack of books for the boys for $.10 each. No puzzles though. Got enough of those at a sale on Friday though.

Took Blaise to karate then to his friend's afterwards for the afternoon. I came home and started baking my lil heart out. A customer had ordered 2 tomato pies, so I made them so they'd be ready at dinner time & still be warm. YUM! While picking them up, he ended up buying 2 regular pies and would have bought a 3rd but it was still in the oven. I actually cooked a decent dinner then back to work making & baking. Right now I'm making an Orchard pie which is a combination of peaches, nectarines, and those purple plums. The filling in BEAUTIFUL!!! I used an oak leaf cutter for the hole design. The nectarine pie filling is very rich looking too...a deep yellow orange. I think I made around 24 pies yesterday.

This morning was church. Actually had Blaise with us. Didn't hear from Kathy, so he's still here with us. Him & Cork went to the flea market, and I delivered pies to the stand. I'm going to get busy and make a fresh peach pie (cold like strawberry) for cards tonight, then I'm going to try a new recipe that's called Creamy French Onion Chicken casserole. Sounds & looks good. I bought some beets & fresh green beans at the stand & think I'll cook those up too. Need to make Corky's food for lunches this week too. Playing cards at my SIL. We haven't all played together in over a month what with their vacations, getting kids moved, etc.

Have a good one all!

good morning,,

wrote out a few lines in Sat post.. if any care to read it.
    ..Donna, you and (my son) Mark would make a great team at yard/garage sales.!!!!!.got some great bargains!

David..foolishly, decided to start the deck painting yesterday ,,Which Mark is going to do on a warm dry day soon.....but he was painting the railing and post.. and ,altho, he did not get a whole lot done,, nevertheless he
    did not know when enough was enough for his back and legs..he .could hardly stand up to get in the door... and in pain!... still feels very weak and wobbly.. so no church ,again.... this man will be 87 on Tuesday and he just will not concede he is not still 70.. agggggg... sigh..... and that is my complaint for the day.

hope yo all have a good one..
    Hi SassyGirl!..

Comment

Good morning...feeling lazy and crabby this morning. I spent the entire afternoon in my friends pool yesterday. Then last night my friends took me out for pizza.

Today my first day at work where all the stations are open in our cafeteria. It’s going to be super crazy with lots of students. I am trying not to think about it until time to think about it. I don’t want to get nervous.

Comment

good Sunday morning!
        I can't tell you how awful the smoke was yesterday when we went shopping in Redding. Red Bluff was not at all like that and when we got just 10 miles up the road you could see a difference, like fog almost..but when we got out of the car at Macy's it was like you were right by a campfire and it was worse when we came out of the store...we went to eat at Famous Dave's bbq place and by the time we got home both of us could hardly keep our eyes open: it felt like they needed to be wiped constantly. Back in Red Bluff the air was a little worse (nothing like Redding) and I did not go out into the pool.
        I can't imagine how the people up there are living with this.

Church this morning and probably visit a friend after. Becky had to use her inhaler so much yesterday that she wasn't feeling up to making anything for the pot luck and said she would come home. So that is what we are doing and is fine with me...

I went to our Farmer's market yesterday and got some honey, peaches and my favorite yellow plums. They are end of summer fruit and will be available through next month. I usually buy as many as I can put in my refrigerator drawer at the last market and they keep for a long time.
        I also picked up two boxes of pears yesterday. they are brought down from Oregon and so good. 40 pounds in each box!
        I want to make pear sauce (like applesauce) and can some quarts. I had some pear sauce in Utah but have not been able to buy it, so I have been looking up recipes. The pears are slightly green and will have to sit out on the counter to ripen and the rest will be in my outside frig.

Donna, the Orchard pie sounds beautiful! I think you have persuaded me to make a pie!
        Maye, is David at all the type to write down his life memories and history? Even a little time at the computer to write memories of his early life, work, friends and such can give him something to do that will be great for the younger ones who aren't around as much. Gary started keeping his emails and putting them into a binder as he and his brothers and sister would write and detail their memories, etc. I don't know if you are into genealogy but when I gve my kids their Ancestry DNA kits it really got them interested in who the ancestors are!

I better get moving. I hope you all have a good day and find a lot ot smile and even lol about!

Comment

Good morning.
          I am back to waking at 4a.m., then trying to get back to sleep feels like forever. So I’m posting late again.
          E wants to do some shopping today, and I haven’t decided if I want to go or not. But it’s not too overcast today. It should be a nice day. Tomorrow we get back to 100+° weather.
          I wonder how Nalani & family fared the hurricane weather?

Yesterday I discovered that I have a toe that feels infected somehow. I see my oncologist tomorrow for my blood work up and maybe infusion....that will take most of the day.
          Tuesday I will be able to go to the other clinic about my toe. It hurts and is a bit swollen. I’ll be soaking my foot in Epsom Salt hot foot baths. I have no idea what caused it.
          I have already drawn out a bit of the infection on my own, but not enough.

Bethina, you will do fine in your new job. Don’t worry.

Paula, such a shame that the fire effects have hosted so song. I know that the air quality in WA and OR has been affected as well.

Janet, you have your hands full!

Cookie, your pies sound wonderful! Wish I lived nearby.

Sharon, you are so busy!

Hi Jostoy & Sassy.

have a good ☀️ day, everyone.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon! Got home early enough to have lunch with Sierra before she left for the day. It is so hot outside!! Yesterday it was so humid that a dip would have felt good but that water is frigid after so many nights in the 60s. It was our final farewell to the pool since her move in date to the new house is the second week of September. We are getting a shopping date set up for towels, curtains, etc. Love spending her money!

Illinois and Missouri announced they were starting Labor Day weekend patrols this weekend and omg!, the cops were every mile in MO. That did slow down traffic. Once I crossed into Illinois it was a lot better cop wise but I did do speed limit. Slows down the trip a bit though.

Sierra informed me her mother is dropping her from their phone plan. I have the credit card bill sitting here for tuition and books and now her dad and I need to figure out whose phone plan to put her on. How nice to just stop parenting. There had better be rewards in heaven but I may be ruining that with the thoughts I have here on earth...ya know? Plus her phone is on it's last leg and I give her credit for not asking us for a new one. I did not know there was a time limit on being a parent. I am way past my time that is for sure!

Maye I wonder if aging isn;t harder on men? They are just so used to doing. But I sure would hate to have house chores pointed out by one! I do remember he had his jobs and I had mine and I often wonder how they would have merged with retirement. Thank goodness he has found reading. I got a new book in the mail yesterday and have not finished the last one.

Guess I should get moving but that drive zaps my energy. I am always glad to go but just as happy to be home. I truly love the early morning coffees around the pool just my sister and I. We are of so like minds and know each others children so well...never a hold back in a conversation or worry about over stepping or feeling hurting.

Afternoon game today so I have a plan.

Comment

Working...
            X