Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, Aug 25

Good morning.
    We had rain for a couple of hours last night, after the sun had totally set. It looked like we got a decent amount, with the street flooded, although the rain gauge measured just 1/4”.

no particular plans today, so will just wish you a great day.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Well, Jo, your money was well spent: I smiled right off!

It is cool out this morning and we are getting nice weather for late August. Upper 80's till late afternoon and then low 90's, maybe.
    I always think I am going swimming after daycare of errands, but by then I am ready to rest. today I am determined to get in the pool!

We are going to Redding to shop at Macy's for an interview suit for Becky. She has nice dress black pants but would really like something inNavy so I am hoping she finds it.
    I was telling a daycare mom that since the fires I haven't wanted to even go up there and she said the same thing. If we feel that emotional and we are 25 miles south, how must the residents feel? And those who lost their homes?
    One of the ads on Facebook I think is for the Ford dealership. A doctor is telling how their pick up was used through the years and had pictures of his kids at different ages in it. He said as they were allowed to go back and see where their home Was, they saw their pickup! All around it had been burned down but the truck was left standing. He said he got in and turned on the ignition and it started! The dealersip was saying anyone who needed vehicles because of the fires could come in and with proof of address get a new one pretty much at cost. This fire took out high end homes as well as low income homes.

I got a letter from FEMA telling me they had received my application for emergency help and the next letter I opened form them said I did not live in the affected zone. I called my State Farm agent and they said it went in automatically for those of us living in and near the fire just in case! I thought that was pretty good.

For the potluck tomorrow I am making baked beans. The recipe has different beans in it as well as ground beef and bacon. I decide the layered cornbread salad was just more work than I want to do today.

Also, one more thing: Becky was invited by her Philosophy prof to take a class this Fall that is a competitive ethical debate class...her schedule doesn't allow it (actually, she could but she wants to be able to keep her 4.0 and already has 15 units), but she posted the letter on facebook saying it was one of her best compliments. She tagged me in it so if you go to FB and check out my name it should show up. Just a proud mom moment, for sure. She received a 98% on her final for this Professor's class and philosophy is not one of her strong areas. (Our family seems to like absolutes, not the basis of a philosophy class!)

Ok, my hair is drying out and I haven't done anything with it so I better get moving.
    Changing linens today and throwing out all the iffy things in the refrigerator. Fun, fun.

Comment

Yesterday was a blur of activity from start to finish...so it is now Sunday morning...have another busy day ahead..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

sorry, I missed Sat again... posting this on Sunday.

Keep your minds clean now ladies.. but my husband David is a big distraction these days... a house-bound man who is used to working in yard, or doing most anything he wanted to... and now he can't,,, is like a caged tiger some days... he thinks of things for ME to do..wish the man would have learned to Cook.!.. He has finally become a reader .... and found out how wonderful a LIbrary is... so much nicer than the TV running all day long..
        we were at the Library Wed. each got 6 books.... he only has one left to read.. ..tomorrow, Monday, we will be at Lib. again.. thank heavens its only 5 miles away...

D.was much too wobbly to go to Church this morning ... so we will be home all day.. reading ..

Comment

Working...
        X