Wednesday..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday..

Hey, did the world end I get left behind? Where is everyone? Anyway, I am here and have been up forever since I did not sleep last night. I was up for the end of the ballgame at midnight and I was up when Jon left for work early at 3:00 AM and I was up when Sierra left for work at 5:30 AM and I am still wide awake now at 9:00 AM....might as well stay up now!

Today is lunch with the school chums today and you know I am sitting here trying to get out of it. But it may be all I eat today since I have no intention of cooking tonight because I am going out for lunch. Three days of school and I am already calling for a carry out night. I am not getting back into the groove very fast. Jon is off tomorrow so he can cook and that just leaves me Friday. Can we have two carry out nights a week?

On the road yesterday I had a blow out...scary! Never had that happen before. I was close to town and was able to get the tire patched with the good news that I might want to consider two new tires before winter. I do not think I have every put tires on a car before other than Sierra's last fall when she got 4. Who wants to pay for car repairs?

Guess I need to get moving. Hope everyone is ok and just sleeping in. Cool morning here with temps in the 60s last night but sun is shining and only high of 80 today. Hope we are not going to have a early winter...have a good one!!

Hi Maxie.
    Good morning, everyone.
    A good overcast morning to sleep in, here. It's about 7:30 here, and on the brink of 80° already. The good news is that the forecast says we won't hit the 100° mark til Monday. . I hope they're right.

I did well at PT yesterday. Got my exercises done in half the time.....mostly because I was doing them on my own while waiting for the therapist to get back with me. Actually, that way I got in more exercise than was expected.

Nothing in in particular on today's agenda. I will put a family pack of chicken in the crock pot and make pulled chicken.
    A little-effort meal. I find I'm not as enthusiastic about cooking as I used to be.

Got a a call from a GD yesterday, checking up to see if we are okay. We had a nice, long chat.

Thats pretty much much my news. I have no Doctor appts til Monday, and that is 3 appointments in one.....labs, checkup, and determine if I need a blood infusion. If not, fine. If I do, the infusion will happen on Tuesday or Wednesday, however long it takes to make my blood with my antigens, and deliver it. September will see my appointments for testing and determining whether my cancer is still safely at bay.

Cookie, Janet....where are you? You haven't posted for a while. Hope you are doing okay. Can Cookie have baked herself into a pie?

Have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! I'm alive & well for the most part.

Guess what I've been doing? BAKING!!!! Making all the fillings & pie dough take longer than anything. Over the weekend Cork & I went to several garage sales & flea markets. Becca kept Blaise overnight Sunday. They had plans for Monday afternoon, but I guess I screwed that up. I forgot my cell phn at home and both girls were trying to get a hold me. Well they envisioned me laying on the floor, so Becca and Blaise came right now. Glad they worry about me, but geez.....

Cork worked on our front room carpet all weekend scrubbing & rescrubbing it trying to get the cat pee smell out of it. Took Misty to the vet Monday afternoon figuring we'd have her put down, but they gave her a shot of Rx and sent me home with some calming meds. Seems to be working. Just couldn't tolerate the peeing & pooing in the house anymore.

Was dropping off pies at the stand this morning & they ask Blaise if he'd like to earn some money picking green beans. $$$ talks. Stopped by on my way home from town and he was still picking. Think he wanted to quit, but work will do him some good. A friend of his is suppose to be coming this afternoon for a while. Karate this evening.

Back to work! I've been reading every day, so I'm up on what's going on. Maxie....we got the WONDERFUL news yesterday that our "new" vehicle needs 4...yes, FOUR..new tires SOON. Yippee!!!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

I hate buying tires but I love how the car feels with good tires!

I was a bit bit late getting up. Usually I am up around 4:50-5:00 but this morning it was 5:15 with the new child due at 6:45. I will try and wake at the usual time and who knows why the dogs did not wake me.

i have the food cooked ( sloppy Joe’s over rotini pasta) and the lawn guy just drove up so this day is moving forward.

my neighbor’s across the street are remodeling and the guy is working till the last light and I go to sleep to hammering or drilling. They put on a metal roof! The noise does not bother me at all and the kids like seeing the work and progress.

Sna I time and I am running!
        hope your day is easy on you all!

Comment

Glad to see you back, Cookie. Is your Aunt J doing okay, too?

About the kitty problem, you know that the pet stores carry a product that removes the smell quickly. Minimal scrubbing. Tell them what the problem is, and they will show you to the product immediately. I had to get some when my cat go sick. It has been quite a while, so I don't recall the name of it.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Afternoon everyone...I was here early this morning but decided not to start a post, most times it gets relocated because two of us are doing it at the same time..

Had Drs. appts. today then we went to Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks, after that a quick trip to Meijers to see if they had short ribs and chuck roast, they did not.

So then home to start slicing, dicing and freezing gr. & red peppers.

Maxie I bet that was scary, have never had that happen either...I like the no cooking idea, lucky if I don't want to cook hubby is always agreeable...

Tonight is pork chops soaked in buttermilk, then rolled in panko bread crumbs with parmesean and other seasonings and baked...also green beans with potatoes, out of the garden...love fresh produce.

Time to get going again. Hope we hear from jostoy and how her appt. went.

Adios amigos
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Evening ,

I am alive and well... was sure I had posted . but sometimes when I get a post all ready.. it will refuse to take it... either my computer being stubborn or . it tells me I have made an Error...... I guess it wants perfect punctuation .spelling etc...
              and I have been busy ... working on making a baby baby afghan with shiny binding. for Elsie ( 10months). to use as a "drag it everywhere,,blanket.
              ....only 20" x22". ..

Living with old gentleman is work also. .. He does not do anything. his balance is getting worse. He is in denial about this "old age". and I am so afraid he will Take a serious kind of fall.he has quite a few falls but never serious hurt..... so I nag him about using a cane.. ...in the meantime. my job is to remember to do everything else it takes to run the house.. just a bit ago I was wondering about car inspection.. checked it out and one of the cars is due NOW... this was not a job I had before.. but... tomorrow will make appointment at garage.

so I have been here , read your back posts.. and if I get denied,, I wave at you.. ... hopefully see you tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Hi Janet. It is good to see you posting.
                I hear you about living with an older gentleman. Life changes a bit. E is still funny though....good entertainment. He loves when I join in. But there’s the med appointments, being more careful with everything now. His bad arm for one. And I need him to do all the driving these days. Takes a lot out of the days. I go to PT once a week...it is beneficial. So he started back at the gym when he has the time. It is benefitting him, too.

yeah, the RT can get finicky. After I type, I copy my post first. If there’s an Error flag, I don’t lose anything, just try again.
                The Working flag seems to be just a reminder to be patient. But I don’t get the capital letter at the beginning of a line too often, apostrophes disappear, and so do emoticons. It’s crazy.

So so now it’s about my bedtime. I just put more chicken breasts into the slow cooker to cook overnight. My shredded chicken and mushrooms came out so good today. Yummy!
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X