Thursday 8/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 8/16

Good morning I am half way ready to walk out the door at 7:30 today is orientation for my new job..then its home to pack and talk to the neighbors to see if they can take care of my kitty for a few days...and bring my trash can up by the house tomorrow. I am headed to my parents for a few days...Its Hot Air balloon weekend in my parents home town...2 balloon glows and 3 or 4 races. All depending on the weather...and its not looking great so its wait and see.

While there I will also be surprising my best friend with lunch at work on Monday and balloon bouquet. Her birthday is this weekend and she has no idea that I am coming home...we have managed to keep it from her....She is going to be so happy. I will be so glad to see her..

Mom and I are also planning a visit to my granny on Sunday afternoon.

Monday evening I will have dinner or visit with friends at my old apartment building.

Tuesday is breakfast with my parents a hair cut and new shoes for work.

I will try to get balloon pictures to share..

Love you all!

The balloon glow back home is this weekend too Beth. I love it but will miss this years because of Andrew's birthday dinner. I am thinking I would rather eat off the food trucks!! To those of you who have never seen a balloon glow look for one...you will not be disappointed.

Yesterday was a gloomy rainy day but the sun is shining now. More rain is predicted. My tomato is ready to be picked!! The first one! The plants are full but nothing is turning but one lowly tomato....which i am going to eat the minute it is ready.

No plans or ideas of what the day will bring. Wonder how Sharon is...wasn't she to stay in the hospital because of new meds? Beth you have a fll weekend so enjoy. Talk to you all later.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Yes Maxie, Sharon had to stay in hospital, but don't recall if she said how long.

I'm ready to leave in a few minutes to make another person a good living. Seems as though that is all I get done lately...make someone else's living a better income.

Everyone have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I get it! If I ever retire and have to really live ona budget, a whole lot of people are going to have to tighten their belts, too.

Good morning.
      This is a week of overcast days, and “possible” rain showers. Wish the rain would really happen, we sure can use it.

Got the laundry done yesterday, 4 good loads of it.
      Today I go meet my new PCP. That shouldn’t take very long.
      Other than that, no particular plans for today.

Beth, enjoy your time with your parents.
      Maxi, there’s nothing like a tomato right off the vine! Yum!
      Hi Jostoy.

To everyone, have a great day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Those overcast skies are everywhere but here...But cooler at night now. The big red sun is now at sunset: Mendocino fire is making for a smokey sky to the east. all the way to the airport last week there was smokey skies on both sides of the road. We have had light blue skies this week and feel blessed for it.

My pest control guy came yesterday and was telling me his was the only phone with service for their business so the owner put it on the website for the fire and all customers called him...not thinking any would, but he said so many called to say they wouldn't need service because their house burned. Not wanting to be charged he told them they would never be, only for service and his boss told him if people were saing they didn't know how they would buy groceries or feed their pets to go and get them food and he would cover it. That is how the community is reaching out to others. We have been customers and knew the owner when he was a neighbor here in Red Bluff and worked for his dad...

I am ready (I think) to go to the airport...getting some watering done here. I had my hair cut and colored last evening and so no washing it for 24 hours and that sure saves me time! I stopped at Walmart and got two pair of capris and a top. My stuff has been almost worn ouyt this summer or I am just tired of it.
        I wasn't sur eif I would cancel at the last minute; one of the Pugs has a bite (I think) and it is healing slowly...I told Becky I could stay home if she thinks he will need a lot of vet appointmnets, but my mom said she will take them to the appointment this morning and I am good to go.
        Trying not to stress out over travel and such...I over think things and I am just going to be patient and whatever happens happens.
        (Like I don't want to go visit my friend's relatives...I did last time I was there and once was enough).

Ok, I will be using my phone on the trip and will be able to check in.
        Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
          I had one busy day...At my house..Everyone all at once..
          I sold my washer...And give away my dryer to the church....And went to store to get milk..
          and get ready for the storm..What day...It was full house...lol..
          where is Aunt Maye...??..I am working on my fabric..Thanks to my little helpers..
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Have a safe trip, Paula.

Busy day for you, Sassy!

Thinking of Sharon, Elaine & John.

Also of our friends, the husband had his 3rd stroke, and isn’t totally conscious.....she says he’s not going to make it. Family & friends are visiting him at hospice care. . We can’t make it there with our appoints. And it’s a rather long drive to the Mongolian Rim.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              JoGee,Tell me about..It was long day..I am glad it is over with...
          Working...
          X