Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 8/15/18

Mid-Aug....where has the summer gone?

Good Morning! A bit foggy, but the sun is trying to burn thru.

Yesterday was much better than Monday. Got lots done. Sue came & we kicked butt until noon. Blaise had a counseling appt mid-afternoon, so we headed into town for that. Came home and cooked a nice salmon dinner. Took a break & watched NCIS with Cork, then back to work. Got all the laundry done up and a bunch of pies made up and into the refrig.

This morning I've already got 6 peach pies in the oven. Blaise starts karate camp this morning at 9am. After I drop him off, I'll be heading into town to drop of the doctor's ofc pie and pick up a few groceries. Will have to drop off pies at the stand too. Then it's home to start on the half bushel of peaches until it's time to pick up Blaise. Aunt J is coming over to scoop grease this afternoon. I'll work on peaches & we'll chat.

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone...
    Rise and shine..
    Early bird get the worm..
    I had wake -up call..At 4am...(kitty)...
    aunt Maye..!! I save you a dount..And have coffee ready...
    I will be back..It is laundry day...

Comment

Gloomy morning around here. Yesterday was not much of a rain day and not sure enough fell to water a plant but today looks promising. Suppose to be ugly all week. House is cold for some reason. Jon is working and Sierra in the shower getting ready to leave. That leaves me here all alone....with the dirt and laundry. There were egg shells all around the waste can this morning so I think they make dirt for me to clean! I peel my hard boiled eggs on a paper plate and not on the floor and hope I hit the can...which whoever peeled the egg did not!

Heard from my sister and she has set holiday dates. My niece needed her Christmas schedule submitted by the end of August so they can set up staffing schedules. Our big family gathering is always around Christmas so this year is the weekend after. For the first time in years Thanksgiving will be on Thanksgiving Day. Our family is full of medical people and holidays are celebrated when the most can attend. AND all will be in the new house on the 'farm' this year. When I gave up all the holidays my sister took them but I do not know who will step up after her...good thing she is my younger sister and has many years to go! So if you want me to attend your holiday parties better get your date in soon cuz my calendar is filling up....

Paula, did you find out about the food trucks? Come on over to Staunton Saturday...they are having a donut truck along with the food trucks. I will miss it because of Andrew's birthday party but I can just imagine how yummy a donut from a food truck would taste. Saturday is the annual balloon glow and I love that event. All summer nothing happens and now every event is at the same time. Bummer!!!

Guess it is time to get moving. Cookie, how do you get back up after going all day then sitting an hour? Does Blaise have camp every day? Lots of running around for you on top of the pies but something you just do, right?

No sun here today but the air conditioner is running steady so must be hot. Time of the month when the bills all come in and have some to pay. Have a great day all of you!

Comment

I finally found out that the Food Trucks are in corning to the south of us just once a month, so will have to wait till Sept. Your donut truck sounds interesting.
        Our family really likes donuts and so far the Amish donuts in MD still are at the top of everyone's list.

today is the First Day of School here. I will miss my Talker, even with her high, shrill little voice. The girl going to K at the private school won't start for another week, yet, and she is more difficult. Yesterday, when her mom came to pick her up she kept trying to get her mom to "C'mon; let's go!" over and over as the mom and I were talking. I knew what it was all about, because she did not want me to say she had a big mess to clean up...she has learned how to appear to be cleaning up while letting the others do all the cleaning (holding one toy and strolling around with it). The joke was I was ready for her to just go home and stop arguing with me and the others...after she left I took my time putting away toys and then read to the one who was still there and gave her some graham crackers and milk. Believe me: the parents are the only ones who are ready for school to start.

I am not sure about my trip that I am supposed to take tomorrow. One Pug has a puncture (form another pug, but not totally sure) that just doesn't want to stay closed and may have to have stitches. Hoping Becky can get him in today and taken care of, or I will have a stay-ca-tion. I am ok with either outcome; I just want some time off. And I am really ok with not having to drive to the airport...

My brother leaves today and will be by in a few minutes to say good bye. Because the food trucks were not an option he made another meal for all of us.
        Carbonarra! Or however it is spelled! That is 3 pasta meals he made here and paid for every restaurant meal, even the one I gave my card to when I walked in and the server said, The gentleman already instructed me not to take your card...oh, well; I tried!

This is trash day so Ineed to bring in the cans and start filling them again!

I sure hope you all have a good day. Ilove starting my day out with you!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

SUPPOSE to get rain about all day. We'll see if that turns out to be true.

Well since I didn't get any "takers" yesterday for taking my place in the Dentist chair, I had to go for myself. Maxie, you were the closest to take my place.
          Paula, when I got out of the chair 1 hour later, and was told my cost, I could have fallen to the floor. One "refilling" of a tooth cost me $203.00. He told me if I had any problems with it, we'd discuss other options. I told him the only option would be to pull it and add another tooth to the partial. I DON'T DO ROOT CANALS!!!!

Aunt Maye, they now do a topical "freezing" of the gum before they come with that foot long needle. Sure helps in the pain department.

Today is a "lay around" day. May do the cleaning of the house, which doesn't take too much effort. Or I could pull my mower into the garage a level the mowing deck. Now that takes a little more effort, so that might get put on the back burner. Know I have to go get gas in my car for a trip to the Dr. tomorrow.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            It would have cost you a lot more than $203.00 to get me in a dentist chair I do not have to sit in! And I also have had my last root canal....some things are not worth that type of discomfort at my age. Dentist are the newest batch millionaires in the world!

Good morning.
          The sun has decided to make itself known today, but for how long? Yesterday it started out bright, but after that the clouds got in the way. I expect the same today. Apparently we will have thunderstorms on and off all day. We will see.

Yesterday we did go to see Christopher Robin at the movies. If you grew up with Winnie the Pooh, it was cute. I guess the “message” should be universal, but you could easily miss it. The solution at the end didn’t make very much sense, at least in the way it came out. But Pooh is from another culture, and we aren’t it.
          Afterwords we went out to dinner. I had an omelet, E had soup and sandwich. We ordered pie. He got triple berry with ice cream, and always gets plenty of filling in his. Peach was the “specialty” this month. My filling had 3 thin slices of peaches, not much sauce in it, and actually mostly crust (the crust sat high so I’m sure I didn’t get all the filling), and I didn’t order the ice cream....I rated it crappy.
          Was glad to get home.

Today I have already got the laundry started. Also started the ice maker to fill the bin in the freezer.
          E meets our new PCP today. I meet her tomorrow. Friday I have PT, then a dental appt. Today I managed to eat a donut with my new dentures. I can’t get the bottom partials in place, though. I have pressure on the right side of the uppers, and will have sore gums from that. But will leave them in as long as I can. See what else affects them. Didn’t wear them at all yesterday.

Need tonget something out of the deep freeze that we can call supper tonight. I’m not all that inspired, but supper is expected.

Gotta mop the floors when E leaves for his appt. Or throw grass seed on the floor.

Hope you all have a great day today. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good afternoon

i always feel so much more "alive" after a long chatting session with Donna... I got all 50# of lard made into grease balls ( 2 cups per ball)... so nice to talk lady talk.. DAvid and I talk, or.. more like he talks , gets started on old episode about his time in Korea or an episode with his friend Glenn.. which I have heard time after time.. Donna and I discuss the new grocery store bargains.. or my crocheting and her pie baking.. I don't think we ever mention how many pills we are taking or how we ache here or there.. ...

Sassygirl , oh thanks for the donut.. and you make the BEST coffee.. ... btw. what is it with Kitty's?.. our s gets up at 4am also!..... I think they are just lonesome!..

we did teeth , now let's do ears... I really need to go for hearing test and get a hearing aid. not deaf but need some help.. what does this kind of stuff Cost?..I hear some pay outrageous amounts for hearing aid. why?... they have been around for YEARS.. and technology must be standard by now...

back to the books.. I order a bunch . take my chances.. the last three i have here to re turn... two got "skimmed". and the third one got read but was a mushy, romance instead of a good old murder. ... see you tomorrow

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Aunt Maye.!!..you are so welcome..That is for sure.....I do not know...I think they want me up early..You too..It could be..
              They want my bed....
          Working...
          X