Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday August 13.

Good morning.

Today is mowing day AGAIN. Don't know how that day rolls around so quick.

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning Jostoy...hope you are getting an early start cuz it is going to be hot today! I am up early but not as early as i had planned. Have a doctor appointment and am SUPPOSE to finally get some answers on my shoulder. I overslept by an hour so decided to not do what I was going to get done and just have my coffee and say good morning here instead. Have the rest of the day to do any chores.

Andrew did call yesterday and we shopped for cowboy boots but could not find his size. He is smack between a boy and man size and when you hit that spot they just plain skip a size and go from 6 to 8. I did come home and look on line but will need his approval before ordering anything....especially at that price. Boy was I naive thinking they would be reasonably priced. But I already said I would get them and he has promised not to wear them around me. However he did have that grin so I may have been conned! Also got conned when he wanted a drink and when we hit the drive through he ended up with a meal.

Jon is off today and ask what we had to grill. Well, just so happens I bought brauts the other day and know we have hamburgers. That means leftovers for a couple of days. I will pick up buns while out. My tomato is turning! Those bushes are full of tomatoes and one is finally turning...gotta wonder if after all this time if I finally pluck it it will be already ate on the hidden side. That some bug or worm will get the first tomato is a sad thought but I am not going to look and be surprised.

Finished my coffee so need to hit the shower. Last week before school starts. Summer just gets shorter and shorter for these kids. Watched Tiger make a move yesterday and move into second on golf...do you know those guys won over a million dollars in first and second places? EACH!! Talk about a fun day in the sun!

Comment

Good Morning jostoy and Maxie and all that follow....Got back from family reunion around 4:00 p.m. yesterday, after unloading the motorhome and putting things away hubby went out to the garden patch which meant I got started on breaking up green beans so I could get a start on them this morning. Also have lots of tomatoes to make into juice...only have today to get this done as tomorrow is cardioversion again and then a stay in hospital why they start me on a new med.

Maxie I sure hope you get some answers today, you have suffered with this long enough...as for cowboy boots I understand the expense bought both of my grandgirls some,

Well time to return a call from the hospital then get my INR done and get my canning and freezing done.

Here's to a great day.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good back to work day! When I went out to the pool this morning there were stars in the sky!!! No smoke cover. What a sight! After so many daysw of not seeing the night sky it was really beautiful.

Less kids today because school starts for the one K and two others are going shopping for the school girl sister.
        (Anybody have any idea what I hit to make this go bold again?)
        But two are coming early so I don't have a lot of time and my hair is not dried, yet...

My brother has been doing a lot of cooking while here. We had pasta again yesterday after church. I had offered to do salmon but he had taken my mom out for dinner while I was getting Becky and she had salmon, so...he did a pasta meal. He makes his own sauce and it is so good.

Laundry (always) awaits me. I will be leaving for a weekend trip on Thursday so I want all my clothes choices clean and ready. I did tell my friend I am staying with that I want to go shopping. I have a late flight Saturday to come home which I will probably regret but it gave me time to see my niece and help with her classroom. At least that was the plan back in May. Not sure now since my brother and his wife made a fast trip out to Salt Lake a week ago...so, because I do not want to pay some outrageous price to change my flight I thought I can shop, which I never have time to do.

Maxie, tell the doctors you have a whole slew of women behind you, and a few men, who want some answers for you!
        Sharon, I can't imagine coming home and clearing out the motorhome and Then doing green beans! You are channeling Donna!
        Jostoy, I hope you are taking care and watching out while doing all you do!

JoG is probably typing now, too, so I will say a quick Be good and take it easy to her and all the rest!

Comment

Good morning...leaving for the airport in about a half hour. The trip has been great...my favorite thing on Saturday was my great aunt’s birthday lunch...the food was so good!

My favorite thing about yesterday was just about everything! I loved playing in the gulf..I loved looking for manatees...and I enjoyed a late evening frozen yogurt run.

I am more than ready to get home to see Cori.

Comment

Good Morning. Did anyone see my energy laying around somewhere? I've lost it. I REALLY need it.

This weekend was good. We took Blaise down to Kathy's earlier than normal, so we had the rest of the day to play going to garage sales & such. Came home & started baking more pies since Linda called and wanted the 6 I had already baked early in the morning before leaving. Boy was my house hot.

Yesterday we went to church then hit up a few more garage sales. I bought a "new" loveseat for $30. It was in a formal living room, so it was in nice condition. It looks similar to the one I have now, but not as beat up. The one we've been using came with this house. Found Blaise a Facing North winter coat and a pogo stick. Came home and started working on peaches. Kathy brought Blaise home mid-afternoon and we had a nice visit. Sent her over to Mom's with more puzzles I found for her to build. OH....big find on Saturday...inquired how much the lady wanted for her yard, and she said I could have it ALL for $5!!! There was a ton of it...boxes & bags. I took it to Aunt J once I got home. She was thrilled.

Blaise was SO MAD at me last night. We had parsley potatoes, chicken planks, and green beans for dinner. He didn't want to eat the potatoes. He ate them that way last year. Well he excused himself to go to the bathroom. I told him he better not be throwing his potatoes away since they were mostly gone when I checked his plate. OH NO GRANDMA....I wouldn't do that. Well I went to the bathroom a little later & there were the potatoes in the wastepaper basket. I handed him a fork and told him to follow me. I made him dig the potatoes out of the basket & he was to eat them. I HATE being lied to. You would have thought the world had ended. They were just laying on top of paper, so they weren't disgusting like they would have been out of the garbage basket. He still hasn't eaten them, and he can't have anything else until he does. They are in the refrig right now. And because he lied, he's lost electronics for a week. When he heard that, he really lost it. Of course if was MY FAULT that he threw those potatoes away because I KNEW he didn't want them. I told him if he would have just refused to eat them, he would have had to just go to bed w/o snack. Ding dong! He threatened to call the police on me for abusing him. I couldn't help but laugh.

Time to get busy. Trouble with grounding him? He's constantly wanting my attention. Need to make up peach filling. Blaise has karate tonight. Want to get a bit of cleaning done too. Never ending.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yarn! I finally figured it out, right?

Comment

Good morning.
                We hit the sack rather late, so I’m up rather late today.
                Have to make my cuppa ☕️ in a bit and get some breakfast.
                Got my new uppers in, so we will see if I can eat with them. Couldn’t deal with the lower partial....the wires must have bent and the darn thing feels like it is cutting into the gum......I’m not going to like dealing with those wires, and I’m not sure how to safely bend them into the right angle. So we will see. I go back on Friday for a checkup. But I AM giving the new dentures a chance, as promised.

Didn’t think we would see meteors. We heard about an hour of soft thunder. No rain. About 9 pm we went outdoors and sat in the glider. We saw 2 meteors at once, despite some scattered clouds. After an hour I told E I think haze or more clouds were starting to block our view. When he agreed we returned indoors and read. About midnight, hoping it would be clearer, we went back outside. The stars were no longer visible due to heavier cloud cover, so we gave it up. The meteors will start subsiding now, but there are still a few more nights left that there may be some more shooting stars, but fewer than this weekend. We have rains in our forecast, so I guess it will be over, for us.

E says it will be movie day today. Fine. The new Christopher Robin as an adult, with the “magic” of Pooh and his friends included. The movie techniques will be interesting, but to be honest CR and Pooh are not my favorite story characters.

Baby Wyatt is home from the hospital. My DD made little movie clips of him, and him with his very excited “big sister”.
                DD is a good grandma, but the mommy will have her hands full. For sure.

Jostoy, be careful with the yardwork. Don’t overdo.
                Maxi, I hope you get the info on your shoulder.
                Boffler, you busy lady, I hope your docs treat you well. Hope the new med does its job.
                Paula, buy yourself something really nice. Have a good trip home.
                Beth, I bet Cori will be glad when you are home again.

To all, have a really good day.
                ——————

cookie, you posted while I was still typing! Good to hear from you. Blaise sure is expressing himself. It’s funny. I hope he learns his lesson.
                Last edited by JoGee; 08-13-2018, 10:09 AM.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am finally home and happy with the info I got. He spent a lot of time explaining all they did and why and I have a big report Sierra wants to read and see if understands any of it. Medical terms are her thing not mine! My shoulder has a tear that is leaking this fluid and it should heal itself with the help of a cortisone shot but I am just not ready to go that route yet. They checked for infection in the fluid and bone damage which I have none. He finally told me they were so thorough because of my history of melanoma in that exact area and every scan was finding something more to have checked. The latest one has now found an abnormality in my thyroid so I had a blood test this morning for that because I also have had thyroid surgery within the last 6 months. There is no cancer in my breast, any of the lumps in my arm or in the shoulder. He told me I did exactly the right thing to have the lumps in my arm checked as quickly as I did and to have the indepth breast scans since melanoma can act strangely and that was their fear. It was the pain in my shoulder that made me go in and have the lumps checked and if they had found cancer and I had not done anything I could have been sorry. Now all I have is the shoulder pain and I can stop that if I were not so stubborn.

I have ordered my grandsons birthday cowboy boots and when I told his mother they were ordered and he had to remember the rule (not to wear them in front of me!) she said he grinned from ear to ear....I'm pretty sure that means he will be forgetting the rule since he is an ornery brat.

Cookie, Andrew loves parsley potatoes. He told me one day he hated polish sausage when I put it on the table. I also hate it and only fixed it for Jon but once he tasted it I had to start buying bigger pieces and fixing it more often! I always made the boys and my grands take a taste of anything new but am not a forcer. Just makes for a miserable meal. I force table manners. That was battle enough with Drew!! But he has come a long way.

So now I have filled you in on my news and I am for the most part happy with the results. Still hurts but evidently I can get the shot and end that. Off the find the laundry pile and a little lunch.

Comment

I’m glad you are doing good, Maxie. Get the shot and the misery of pain! They could have explained most of that to you when they were ordering the tests.
                    They did for E’s shoulder injury.
                    Pace your chores in the meantime. Sounds like there is still healing going on.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone...
                      What a day.!!!..I had trouble with the a/c...And it was not me..Thank heaven..The family upstairs..Did not know how to take care of a/c...
                      Then i had toilet trouble..And that was not me..It was next door..
                      Lucky.!!!..I had did my house work early..And tomorrow i have to mop the floor..(UGH)..
                      i am glad the day it is over with..

Comment

Working...
                      X