Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday

Another Sunday morning...sunny, warm and quiet around here. Yesterday I spent doing laundry and watching golf. The PGA is in St.Louis and it is a novelty that made me want to watch Tiger Woods...he is the only player I know! Then on to evening baseball. Today I will iron and hopefully clean my bed room. I still have not changed out the winter spread for the summer one. The winter spread needs a good washing but it will not fit in my machine so don;t know what to do with it when I do change it. I also will need to change the bed skirt but will need help with that soooooo, since no one is home but me I am guessing that will not get done.

Today I have things I could do but so far it looks like I have no plans to do anything. Cooked the meatloaf and baked potatoes with fresh corn on the cob...simple but oh so good! I am hoping there is a piece of meatloaf left for a cold sandwich later on slathered in ketchup. Yum.

Glad you are sleeping in or have something exciting going on. Golf and baseball today for me for sure.
    Have a great day!!

good Sunday morning to all ! It was a nice 69* when I went out to the garbage at 7:15 and that makes the morning so much more enjoyable to be able to have the windows open.

Jo, school here starts this week: Wednesday. In WA where Stuart's kids go to school, they do start after Labor Day. So does his school district where he is a principal. The Maryland boys start after Labor Day, too, Becky just told me. Makes for a much nicer summer for families to have a chance to get away, I think.

Beth, the vacation rental houses that we have found have been good on space but not so much on furniture. Both had great pools, although the Thanksgiving vacation was not the itme of year to swim, but the owner had it all cleaned and ready.

The meteor shower will not be seen here unless you can go way up above the smoke. Someone posted that there is a lake area up in Lassen Park where they saw some early (?) meteors last week, but this past few days there was a fire up in that area, so not sure if even that will work. I have a friend who is taking her kids up to see...
    We used to lay out on our trampoline at night and watch the meteor shower. The memories are some the adult kids always talk about.

My dad had a dental lab and did dentures and bridge work, etc. He did it in the Navy and also after hours at times for civilian dentists (mostly those he had knkown in the Navy). He worked until the patient was totally satisfied! When he had his own lab he would do after work denture repair for people who worked and couldn't be without their dentures. That is how I went to college when my dad was still an enlisted guy ! When he was stationed at Bethesday Naval Hospital he made a crown for Jackie Kennedy!

Maxie, I would take that winter spread to a Laundromat and use one of their large machines....actually, more than likely, I would decide to get a new spread next winter...I amnot a fan of Laundromats. The dry cleaners will do it, too, but at quite a cost, I have found.

It is great to have Becky home. She talked all the way home and that helped me to stay wide awake. I was tired from the hectic schedule of Saturday to get thigns done and ready for her to be home along with my mom's birthday and then my mom decided she wanted us to take my brother to see the floral shop. It was pretty cool when we hadn't gone very far and he saw some soaps that his SIL gave him and then a Gurgler pitcher the SIL gave his wife...his daughter and SIL have a very nice boutique inTampa. Matt travels all over the world for antiques as well as new kproducts to sell in the shop. It is what his parents did for a living and it is a very nice living for my niece and him, too. Anyway, my brother was nicely impressed..

I better get going. I forgot what it was like to be trying to type here and have someone talking to me! Interrupting...oh, well, so good to have her home!
    I hope you all have a great day!!

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie,I agree with Paula A..With the winter bed spread..she is right on the machines..Tell me about..I am not eaither..And the dyer...It will take forever...I had winter quilt..i loved so much..I wash it..and bright it home..And put it on the front porch to dry it....

Hi Maxie.
    Good morning everyone.
    Yesterday evening we stayed up to watch a Judy Garland movie. Then went out at midnight to view the Perseids meteor shower.... saw some lightning, a bunch of clouds, and haze, but no meteors. The haze comes from the CA fires, looks like the SW is full of it, but it also reaches east to New York and some Midwest states. Will hope to see some tonight, but don’t feel so hopeful.

Not having much luck with the stupid dentures. They shouldn’t be this difficult. But I don’t plan to live with pains from them.
    So I feel I’m breaking a promise of “wearing them for a week”, but on the other hand it’s a kind of torture to wear them. I can’t even bite through a PBJ with them. This is so stupid!

OH - our 10th GREAT-GRANDCHILD was born Friday evening. A boy, WYATT ANDREW, 6 lb 6 oz, 21”...... the little snot had put his mom through 24 hours of labor! But he really is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see/hold him.

Other than that, all is quiet here. Someone was nice enough to bring our newspaper nearly up to our door this morning.
    The sun is shining. Wish I could say all is well with the world.
    Have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey, Paula. Looks like we typed together again. This dentist is going to make these dentures for my comfort. This is ridiculous. You don’t pay big bucks for this stuff to not have them comfortable and working properly. At this point, I will try to use the dentures each day this week, and am making notes on everything.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I went out after the game was over to look at the sky. It was a clear night and I saw plenty of stars but nothing that I thought was a meteor shower. Maybe I did not know what I was looking at.

I also hate public laundering places and refuse to use them and that is one reason it has not all been changed out for the season. I paid a lot for that spread and hate to pitch it out but that is about the only option I have. Not a very good purchase but live and learn. The new one came from Zulily and cost a fraction of the price of the old.

Jo so sorry you having such a problem with your new dentures. Jon was given a temp tooth to wear while he is healing to have a new one set and have never been able to wear the temp. He said it never fit and he'd rather have the missing tooth than be miserable. Thank goodness his new one will be set possibly this month since it is an eye tooth and I notice it missing. None of this has been cheap so I feel for you! Congrats on the new great grand!

Paula, glad Becky is home. No matter how many people are home when you are missing a chicken you feel it. House has a different empty feeling.

Jon called early to tell me Andrew will be calling about shopping. He wants new cowboy boots for his birthday and the deal is I will buy them but he is not to wear them around me. That is from his mother's side...cowboy boots and belt buckles. I just smh!! Anyway I need to shower and dress...

Comment

Try again tonight, Maxie.

According to the news:
          “Once evening falls Sunday, expect to see a meteor, or a "shooting star," streaking across the sky every few minutes. The meteor shower will peak overnight into Monday, with 70 meteors visible each hour, according to the Royal Astronomical Society. Hopefully, clear skies will allow for the best viewing.
          And if your view is obscured by weather or clouds this weekend, the Perseids are visible for several nights afterward.
          "The moonless sky this year means the viewing will be excellent, and the shower's predicted peak is timed especially well for North America," Diana Hannikainen, Sky & Telescope magazine's observing editor, said in a statement. "Under a very dark sky, you might see up to one Perseid per minute late on Sunday night or after midnight on Monday morning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X