Good Saturday Morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Saturday Morning...

Morning! Got back yesterday afternoon and for the first time this summer beat the storms home. however, I did not miss them Thursday while driving down! So, we only had one day of fun in the sun since it rained the entire day of Thursday. We used that time to drive back to the city and tour the new house. It is so much a farm house but with modern things I have never heard of...like a refrigerator that dispenses hot water and a microwave in a drawer! Then, of course, lunch. Friday we sat on the patio in our jammies until time to dress for lunch then I left to beat the rush hour traffic. The most we did was eat.....

I have laundry and noticed the vac needs run. Pushing it is hard on my shoulder so I have using the dust buster but this place needs cleaning. Monday I should have answers...this run around has been ridiculous and I am not at all happy with my doctor. There just are no choices around here and the good ones leave.

We need milk so may look the meat over and come up with a meal idea...to tell you the truth I am hungry for meatloaf and baked potatoes. Not a summery meal but sounds good! My sister's grands start school next week but I think Drew is the week after then it is back to cooking daily. Meal planning is the worst part! There were three of us at my sisters and our other sister was talking of all the canning and freezing and cooking and farm house wifery stuff she does. She put me to shame! But I also think she made me hungry for home cooked food.

Going to be hot but no rain...grass boy cut while I was gone and Sierra said she would cut the back today. Jon is so much better but still coughing and tired but I do hope she waits for him to get home from work before cutting.

Have wonderful Saturday...summer is passing by quickly!!!

Yay! It is Saturday and I made it through a hard week of smoke and toddlers and Today is the day Becky comes home!
    I kind of feel like the moms I know who have to send their kids to their ex over the summer.

Not like you want one more electronic appliance, maxie, but would one of those Nesco big cookers work for the meatloaf and baked potatoes to cook outside? My mom has one, but I haven't used one...my grandmother used hers all the time in the summer to bake.
    Meatloaf sounds good and luckily, we like the one the grocery deli sells.
    I have never tried baking potatoes in the crockpot but on Pinterest and facebook I have seen posts about using one to bake them...
    Bake enough and then use them for taco baked potatoes the next day (taco filling ontop of the potato).

I got up at my usual 5:00 and got things done around here to make up for the lunch date with my mom and brother for her birthday and for her request we take him to see my favorite shop: House of Design with the florals. Which I think is a little weird as he is very frugal and so is his wife. She didn't come out, so not sure why my mom wants to go there. but I am always up for a visit, just today I have to get going to the airport by 2:30 at the latest and I wanted to leave by 2:00...we will see.

I hope you all have a great day and stay well.
    Maxie, glad you missed bad traffic!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I can put the meatloaf in the crock pot and the potatoes in the microwave. You have no idea what a lazy cook I am! I have never made taco potatoes but I have used bbq beef with cheddar cheese on them. Yummy!

Good morning..we are all dressed up and headed to my great aunt’s 90th birthday lunch. Our air B and B is nothing to write home about but I am glad to be with family and on a mini vacation

Comment

Good morning.
      This weekend is supposed to have the best viewings of the Perseus meteor showers! No special equipment needed.
      Our skies should be too cloudy, though, with “chances” of rain. We will see.
      Looks like our weather will remain in the 90’s for the coming week, which seems nice after the 100+’s we have had, and despite the humidity that is present.

I remember when school years started right right after Labor Day, and summer vacation was after the first week of June.
      Now it seems like each school has its own schedule, or simply goes year-round with only 6 weeks of vacation. It still confuses us. But at least we don’t have to deal with school schedules, at our age.
      Now we deal with doctor appointments. We are going to meet our new PCP Wednesday & Thursday next week. We could only get an NP again, instead of a doctor (those guys are all booked up) , and it’s further away than the clinic we went to before, but this new clinic is more stable in keeping the medical personnel.

There is always too much to do here. Me with my med problems and E with his bad arm/shoulder. Pathetic. We just have to get rid of stuff faster. Then move to an apartment where assisted living is available if necessary. Or nearer the kids. One GD learned of our intentions to move in the near future, found a larger home with a pool in her neighborhood, and urged us out there. Nope....too big, too expensive, and way too much upkeep. Not for us at our ages.

Well, I need to try to get used to my new dentures. I promised to give them a try for 1 week. Yesterday I couldn’t bite through a simple PBJ sandwich for lunch. Dentures were hurting so I removed them and got my old ones.
      This morning the bottom partial-dentures hurt like the blazes, and I spent a lot of time trying to adjust them with their wires.
      At best, they were uncomfortable. I put on the uppers and bit down a bit, and the bottoms hurt like the blazes again, and I coughed and the uppers started to fly out. There is nothing holding them in. And there are spots they are uncomfortable, too. Yesterday, I actually told the dentist they don’t feel like they’re made for my mouth. He, and mostly his assistant, kept asking what hurts where, they did some filing down, pretty soon it was my whole mouth hurting and I couldn’t tell the “bad spots” any more. But I promised I’d give them a try....and I will.....but won’t put myself through torture for it. If they made them wrong, they should make it right. I heard the dentist tell the assistant he was going to look up the finance coverage, which means I doubt they want to pay for their errors. But we don’t want to get stuck for the high cost of replaced dentures either. I’ve got E coming into the dental room with me now. That lessens the negative pressure I get.

With that..... I’ll just wish you all a good weekend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X