Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, August 10th

Good morning!
    Looks like another dreary day. Had rain in the early hours, but not much.
    Today I have a dental appointment. Not looking forward to it.
    also, the car fixer guy called yesterday, and said the car won’t be ready til today. We have a “free” loaner car in the meantime.

Got an email from a BFF.......her sister and BIL are evacuating their home in CA.
    They are losing everything. I sure hope they managed to save their really important stuff. Seems like that fire has already been burning forever. I guess they don’t expect to quell the fire for another month or two, from what I’ve read. So much loss there for so many people.

Nothing really newsworthy here.
    Have a good day., everyone.
    Last edited by JoGee; 08-10-2018, 08:51 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good Friday morning!~ What can I say, except I am ready for the end of this week!
    Yesterday as my Deputy Dad was picking up his little girl and she was getting her things together, suddenly I smelled something. I was looking around and just said, Wait! What is that smell?!?! I thought someone had maybe got into a cleaning product or sprayed something I didn't know about...\
    The dad said, Oh sorry, Paula that's me...I've been working with marijuana all day!
    I had never smelled it! We both laughed then but he could see the look on my face as I was looking around to make sure all were present and no one was koff getting into something...the end of the day ended with a lol!

Today is one boy's last day. He starts K on Monday and it will be a bit of a shock to him...he will have a week off in Oct to come back and then school holidays, but Gage will be a bit surprised at the rules of school. When something doesn't go his way here or it is time to put things away he has started a huge fake crying and opening his mouth really wide and just loudly trying to cry...it must work at home but not here and not at any school I know of. His mom is worried that he won't do well, but I told her as soon as he sees it and makes some friends he should be ok. He has had a lot of changes and he just told me that sometimes mom's friend and his daughter spend the night...so a lot of changes besides the three moves they made this year.

Anyway, it is party day and then we will start again next week when the girls' have their last day onTuesday. I am so ready for the school kids to go back.

My brother is coming over to help repair a sunscreen that came down int he wind. He will see what it needs and go to Home Depot for me.

Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning...we are on our way to our mini vacation. a little tired in need of a little nap. I am the best traveler.

Comment

good Evening

kind of a long sort of day... I did go Visit Donna,, for a wee bit.. on my way back from the Dollar store near her house.. tidied up a few corners, then read, crocheted.. snoozed.

Did I tell you about the Beets I canned Wed.?. were not really "nice" beets.. actually not worth what the I paid for them!... well,,,, Sue, Donna's helper , had picked them up for me.. and she went back and told the guy at his market, what I said... no refund but he will send me another 1/2 bu.. ,free ,I presume.. now... There is a market I will go back to... Not the fault of the farmers that the beets are not top quality.. thats Mother Nature's fault.. but the price was too high for their quality. .. so I will gladly take them .. will have Karen help me do this next bunch...

Paula, I bet you will be glad to have the older kids "gone", its better to have either young ones or just the older 4-5 yr olds.. I liked working with 5yr olds but they All have to be 5..taught them at Sunday school,,, at one time I had 14 kids..they got me a helper whos only job was to help them cut,paste stuff..
        did all the interacting with them..

HI SassyGirl.
        Bethina, have a great vacation.
        JoG.. I can't even imagine losing everything to forest fire.. I don't understand how people even buy, build homes in the mountains where the fire potential is always there.. same with the people who live in Flood areas.... its gonna happen someday... Im a first class pessimist. .

back to the pile of books .. two on the E reader.. both are boring .. may skim to the end .. and start on , hopefully, a more interesting one.. too many books yet to read. so little time left.. so don't waste any on uninteresting books..

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Aunt Maye.!!

Janet, I noted where she lives, and it is close to a lake.....and it’s near Riverside CA, Navy area. I would have thought she would be safer there in S CA.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X