Tuesday Aug 7 70* 6:38 am PDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Aug 7 70* 6:38 am PDT

Ok, I am pretty sure someone else is typing right now, but here goes.
    The air quality is at Unhealthy for everyone. TV is announcing where to get masks, but it doesn't seem bad right now. I can't smell smoke, yet. That came yesterday around 11:00 am and I took the babies in but let the others stay out for another 20 minutes,
    I haven't heard the news say any reason for the fires that Everyone here says: too much underbrush because of government rules...There is a saying a lot of people are posting and of course, I can't remember the first part;
    _______ it.
    graze it or
    Watch it burn!
    This state is literally burning up.

I just saw Maxie's question of the other day. the regular shelter in Redding has washers and dryers, but this was a huge effort to shelter animals that owners were evacuated and could not take their pets (hotels, friends, etc). We have an outlet mall in Anderson (20 miles away) that has empty stores and three of them were used for a temporary shelter. The main shelter was also evacuated. Some of the animals that were real shelter dogs were taken to Roseville, down by Sacramento.

If yousaw on my FAcebook page the note one fireman left for some homeowners about watering their yard and feeding their baby turkeys...it was signed Ray B firefighter. The TV station found out it was the REd Bluff Fire Chief that was watering their garden! When they were fighting the fire they were able to save the house and he said he saw a great garden out back and couldn't figure out their drip system but put ahose on for a bit one day and cam eback whenhe could to feed and water the turkeys and put water on again... these kind of stories bring it home that these are such wonderful kpeopleout there doing this job. There have been pictures of CHP officers who found a baby deer and rescued it because the fire was too close to try and find the mother. They took it to a wild animal rescue center we have near here.

It is Get the Trash collected day for tomorrow...I always think I am going to fill the cans up and I sure want to try.

I hope some of you are getting Blue skies! Wish our gray skies meant rain, but hoping for fire control and more containment. This fire up here is 45% but it keeps spreading.

My brother from Fl comes tomorrow for a week and I have a To do list for him. Yay!

I know I am not the first one up! Am I? It is a gloomy day with rain predicted. Yesterday temps hit 98 and then a storm came through around supper time and that was nice to cool things off a bit. Today I am going to get a pedi and then think about fixing food. Maybe a quick spaghetti?

Tomorrow I have another scan on my shoulder scheduled. This is getting old but tomorrow they are going to use dye...oooooooh...big deal. But on Thursday I am heading down to my sisters for a few days of pool sitting. I always look forward to that.

Gotta go to beat the crowd and the rain. Wake up people! We need a designated started around here....

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good morning, Maxie.

Yes I'm up, but not shinning very bright. We got rain last night, and today is to be rainy this afternoon.

Well nothing exciting here, so will bid everyone a good day.

Good morning, friends.
    we have sunshine at the moment, and 106°is forecasted. The thunderstorms have been moved up a day, so we should get rain today and tonight, if they’re right. After today the mercury should be bouncing in the 90’s.

Paula, I do hope storms will hit those fires, and they will be contained and put out very soon. So much destruction! I’m sad for those who lost so much —- homes, lives, etc. .....and for everyone who has to breathe that “bad air”.

Maxie, I do hope they can get your shoulder fixed soon.

Sharon, good luck at your doctor appt today.

Maye, glad to see your post yesterday.

Beth, how are you doing?

Don’t know what to plan for today. That will take care of itself soon enough.

Have a a good day, everyone. Hugs to whoever needs them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is raining right now Jostoy. Hopefully it will head your direction. Paula I did read your little stories about the great firefighters. To think in spite of everything they can still look around and take the time to help perfect strangers. Amazing people. I also found the picture of the sleeping firefighters very moving. we see the fires on the news and read the articles in the papers but to see and hear your stores first hand is very revealing and lets us see the human side.

The rain for once is almost gentle and not the normal gully washers we seem to get most often. The fees for Andrew's school computer are due and I told his mom I wanted to pay them so she and Drew will be by this evening so we can do them on line. He can pick up his school supplies and new shirts then too. I just cannot believe how fast this summer has passed. Seems like once school starts summer is over no matter what the temps are. But I am looking forward to seeing him every day again. He will be 12 in a couple of weeks!

Out the door, in the rain for my pedi. Have a great day to all!!!

Comment

So far we have had .83" of rain today but nothing to the west until about 3 PM then we get some more. We do need the rain so I guess it is a good ting

Comment

Working...
        X