Monday 8/6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 8/6

Good Monday morning to you all, I was grateful to read Elaine's note that Jo G posted.

It is a nice cool morning and I have all the windows and doors open. So far, no smoke, but when the winds start that will change. Except for one mom, the parents are ok with the kids being outside in the morning to have some play time.
    My eyes are feeling the smoke more than anything else. It makes them feel tired or like I need to wipe something out of them. Visine is my new best friend.

I cleaned one floor this morning and the rest were all done really well Saturday. Just a general pick up after kids day around here.

I have one friend who had throat surgery that I took the mashed potatoes and gravy and scrambled eggs to last week and thinking I may make her some chicken and dumplings. Another friend said she took her chicken alfredo with the chicken cut up small and dumplings are one of my favorite comfort foods. The surgery was to do with vertebrae and now I can't remember the term...anyway, a long recovery time to grow things back.

And Stuart will also have a long recovery time...months on crutches will make for an interesting year at school. It reminded me of Gary having an ankle surgery in the middle of the school year. He had pins in his leg for most of the time he was on crutches (4 months) and doing school and Bishop at church and I was pregnant with Becky and not able to do anything for the last 5 months...we didn't know what a mess we were, so that was good! Lots of friends .
    I hope Elaine has some relief, someone to talk to....

I need to get up and get going. Hope you all are off to a good day!

Okay people its time to get up and get busy..

Yesterday I got another 14 qts. of green beans done, these went in the freezer...that is a whole lot of bean breaking, LOL Then fixed dinner and I was wiped out....while cleaning up the kitchen hubby walked by with his towel draped over his shoulder and his swim trunks on, I instantly got PO'd, we usually have an evening swim together, BUT I had the kitchen to clean up, put leftovers in containers, wash the pots and pans, and wipe the stove and countertops...I had just finished and sat down on the couch, he came in and I gave him "if a looks could kill" kind of look, he ask, "what's wrong with you"? I responded, "would have been nice if you would have helped me in the kitchen and I could have went swimming also"! He said, "I thought you were almost finished", MEN!!! He did apologize later...and you know most times he is great at helping clean up, and I was already tired from all the green bean preparing...so I let him have it, LOL..

Well today is clean out day, not the fridge, ME, I have a date with the bathroom, dread it but it must be done...all I need to do is get my shower, locate my 'Depends' and prepare to stay close to a bathroom.. My test is tomorrow in MI, that is where my specialty Dr. is...well ladies and gents time to get this started...

JoG, thank you so much for the update on John and Elaine, lets keep those prayers and good thoughts going for them.My heart aches for them both.

Have a great day one and all.
    Last edited by boffler; 08-06-2018, 08:20 AM.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning...I am up not not moving very fast. Just having a lazy morning and probably a lazy day. I do want to change my bed while Sierra is still home to help pull sheets. There, I do have a goal! Jon commented yesterday that no one had been in the pool in a couple of weeks. That will change once school starts. In past years Andrew has gotten off the bus and jumped into the pool where he and his dad will stay until they get hungry.

I have nothing to say. Going to have heat indexes into the 100s for today. Sounds like a fun day for you Sharon.
      Have a good one all!!

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, Sharon, it sounds like you have a "steady" date for this evening. At least later no one can say "you're full of *hit"

Good morning.
    Today’s heat is supposed to reach 110°. It has been worse, I guess, and summer is hardly over yet. We have had “severe heat advisories” since the weekend. Rain is promised in a few days....but we will see. Somewhere in AZ that rain will fall, but we can only wait and see if it will be our area. The temps begin to subside after today, and soon we will be in the “cooler” 90’s again.

Nothing special planned today. Just do what needs done. 3 appointments this week....I schedule them on separate days, because you never know how long the wait or the appointment will be. I see the retinal doctor for an annual eye checkup, have PT, then a dental appointment where I will give them a hard time about the dentures they made and I can’t yet wear (were these really made from my impressions???).

Elaine & John have been on my mind a lot lately...so I let her know we miss her and are concerned about them. I know that their situation is very difficult. Am glad to share this with you. I know we all would help if we could.

I still haven’t had my cuppa or breakfast yet, so I guess I will do that next.
    Hope you all have a good day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone...
      I been busy...Working on my wreath...
      I was showing to everyone.. a pic of my wreath.....
      they say it might rain..We need it..

Comment

good evening .

thought I had posted in here and in Elaines message.. but... I either did not or it has vanished.. maybe we have a pixie on the RT,
        more likely my poor brain is melfunctioning , again
        Hi Sassygirl!!!,
        went to a funeral this afternoon..it was the longest time for a funeral service I think I have ever been part to... almost 2 hours... people and relatives talked. , preachers,2 of them talked. 3 people sang solos , a group sang a medley of songs. we sang couple hymns .. the funeral was for my son in laws , Brother in law...there are 2 brothers and 2 sisters in son in law's family. all have houses built on family farm.. so very close knit group. also lots of people from his work place, plus He played for Christian music groups.. so quite a few of the those folks there. but that was a long set!..

HI Sharon, Paula and Jo... I have a game friend that lives in lower end of British Columbia .last year, on one side of the big river the mountain was on fire, and on Her side of the river .the smoke got so bad, they had to evacuate to breath.. DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES, IF THEY SAY LEAVE.....LEAVE!!!

Will you in the morning I hope..

Comment

Working...
        X