Good Sunday Morning to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday Morning to all

Good Morning...had a piece of toast, cup of coffee, shot in the belly and need to get dressed, today is working up the green beans and getting them ready for the freezer....trying to get what I need done today because tomorrow I will be best buds with the bathroom starting the colon cleanse...(I know, you guys just had to hear that) So onward and upward and let's get this party started.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Morning Sharon and all who follow. A sunny hot morning...perfect! I have no plans for the day. Boring and then more boring around here. Have a marvelous day and do whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Good morning .

Maxie , sometimes Boring is Good!.... beware, just when you are getting comfortable, wham ,bam.. something happens.. something in the house breaks down,, ,or the car needs $$$$$ of work.. etc etc etc.. worse scenario,,someone in family super ill , injured.. ..... so enjoy Boring.... I read read read...
      I take time to dust a bit, sweep a bit. and wipe a few things off.. then read some moe.

Hi Sharon,, thats my breakfast too.... and I must be off of here and get myself ready for church.. ( comb my hair)..

see you all later.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We REALLY need some rain though. It keeps going around us.

Yesterday was busy, but then what else is new. Dropped Blaise off at Kathy's after karate. Came home & took a nap since that's what Cork was doing. We then headed into town. I ask to go along since when I give him the grocery list, he makes at least 6 calls to me while there. Just easier to do it myself. Unfortunately, after I got home my cousin called & ask if I could make the funeral meal tonight rather than Tues. Dug out my recipes that I decided to make, and I'm missing a few items.

This morning we went to church and stopped at an estate sale on the way home. Got pies delivered, and now I'm going to start working on the funeral food until my Mom arrives. We are then going to AppleBees and Becca is going to meet us there. Then home to cook and bake. No cards tonight.

Wished you all lived closer so that I could just give you a pie. We could have a pie sampling night!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning, everyone.
          i have read what I’ll read of todays paper. The political news depresses me, so I’ll take a break from it today. I will get the gist of it when E reads (yells at) it.

Have had my cereal and still have my tea for breakfast. I poured my milk into my tea mug, instead of my cereal. Ugh, needed to start over. That done, the rest of the day should be good.

A sizzling day ahead. But no particular plans. I need to clean out a couple of waffle irons that are sitting in the sink. I like waffles, but not cleaning out the waffle irons.

Maxie, what makes *you* happy? Do that today.
          Hi Sharon, Janet, whoever may be posting while I type, and to those that follow.
          have a good and relaxing day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

First, Jo, Eureka is good! Just getting there is not so easy, yet.

the smoke yesterday was the worst, yet. My eyes hurt and I wasn't out in it except an hour for shopping and the bank. Today the sky looks completely gray but it doesn't smell as bad...we will see in an hour when I go out for church.

The wedding cake was ok. It looked good, because someone else did that, but I am not happy about the way it looked unfrosted. a little too done. I didn't eat any so I don't know but the people eating it were cleaning their plates, so I guess it was ok. I do not like cake mixes but I just didn't have time to make a 1/4 sheet cake from scratch. One couple came up to me and asked if the cake was my Texas sheet cake. I quickly said, No! Almost too quickly! Like, no, don't even think my homemade anything would turn out like that...

So, good deeds were done and hopefully with a good attitude, but now I want to concentrate on getting things ready for Becky to come home.
            If you are on Facebook, check out the pictures she tagged me in. Her last Saturday to go to DC and they went to the Library of Congress and she got a card! Also, just between us, one of the comments was from a Jim Cook who she met when he was one of her teachers at Shasta college and really liked him...I liked seeing the comments going back and forth between them, but know to not say anything to her!

I have salmon and broccoli and salad for dinner later and ice cream if I feel the need...I bought nectarines yesterday and decided to wait for Becky to get home before I buy peaches. pat posted a peach pound cake recipe on facebook that really looks good. I love peaches cut up in cereal or just for fresh eating. I haven't canned or made jam in years but I have friends who are making tons (pints!) of jam and sharing with me.

Reading is my friendly go to, Maye!
            And sassygirl, are you selling on etsy? I have bought a few things there and Becky regularly buys gifts for me there.
            I would buy a rag rug you made, sassy!
            I have crochet thread to take to a lady at church who is a shut in. Another friend had a yard sale of her mom's things and there was a big bag of cotton crochet thread and a bag of crochet needles. No one bought it so I called and said I would buy it for the lady I know.

I do't turn the tv on much for news, either. I see it at a glance and just don't want to overload with all the negativity. If you want some comparisonto how much better it is anywhere else (in my opinion), go look up California governor's race. The Mayor of SF is running...And my choice in the Primary election didn't win, so I will be supporting someone I don't particularly agree with, but compared to Gavin Newsom...

Ugh. Not going there today.
            Have a wonderful day and like JoG said, do something nice and fun just for you! I know I say that a lot,but we have to take care of ourselves if we want to have a full tank to take care of others.
            Love you all!

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am going work on it..Right now..!!..Really...!!Thank-you..they are rag wreaths...
              How sweet..!!!that was nice of your friend..WOW.!!!..You are so sweet...You will be the first one..i will let you know..

Good heavens! I was making ice (our ice maker is separate from the fridge). As I was scooping out the ice cubes to put in the freezer, the stupid lid fell right on my nose. I’ve got a big bloody red spot on my nose, like a bright stupid stoplight. I hope the discoloring doesn’t stay. It looks like a caste mark from India, but on my nose (just in front of wire on my glasses) instead of on my forehead.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Paula, next time you have to use a cake mix, check out my post in the kitchen to improve the outcome.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X