Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday

Good Morning! I think we are finally suppose to have a nice hot sunny summer day, though we got very little rain in this last week of clouds. Bugger!

Yesterday was unusual. Took the pies down to the stand (21) and here they had 5 left from Thurs. I came home with 6 pies. I stopped baking for today then. They had 10 left again last night. Fortunately my cousin Karen came & bought 2 of those pies I brought home, so this morning I'm only taking 8 pies down which is unheard of for a Saturday, but I'm not chancing it again. Lesson learned. I got up and baked off 6 peach pies & will have them cooling this morning , so that if they need more pies later on, I'll have them to take down.

Sue did come in the morning and we accomplished other baking orders, which was a load off my shoulders. Aunt J came & scooped lard balls after lunch. I had to make a couple of deliveries. The day just flitted by. Karate for Blaise.

This morning is garage sales w/the guys. Not many to choose from today. Weird. Will deliver pies in among them. Then take Blaise to karate and to his Mom's afterwards. Probably come home & bake. At least the crusts are all rolled out & most of the fillings made. I have such an exciting life now! LOL! I feel like that guy from the Dunkin Donuts ads from back in the 80's who meets himself going to bed & meeting himself getting up to make the donuts. Mumbling..."Time to make the donuts."

Have a good one all!

Good Morning to all...

Cookie wonder why so many pies left? Their business could be slowing down also which is why?

Maxie, I hope soon they find what is going on with your shoulder and you can get it fixed and be out of pain....good idea letting the granddaughter learn to iron for herself, LOL...That is a lost art for the younger generation my daughter doesn't iron either..lord knows they saw me ironing all their clothes in their growing up years, and hubby's shirts and pants as he had an office job that required it..

Got to go, hubby got up and is driving me crazy with questions about something and I can see this is going to be one of those times, LOL...

Supposed to be a hot day, hopefully the pool will warm up also, been to long since I was in it....canned 7 qts. of green beans yesterday..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

good morning Ladies,

Donna neglected to tell you..I SO ENJOY our time together , helping her a little . getting free samples and most of all TALKING to another woman!!.
      sorry, guys , but man talk gets very old, very quickly.. repairing the tractor or old war stories. and old tales of his job.aggg, I needed to hear about baking and children ,and talk about our relatives. .... so was a great day for me..

not much on my to-do list today... but reading, son Mark found a bag of "baby" soft yarn at a garage sale. so decided to make Elsie a "drag along" little blanket. The kind they chew on and hold on to everywhere they go.. won't take long. switch back and forth from reading to crocheting. too bad I don't like to cook.. but if I did we would just get "rounder".

Hi Sassygirl , are you keeping busy? .

Elaine, hope you are reading this.. think of you and John every day..

I will be back to read and hope you all check in today.

Comment

Good morning to you.
        I have just dragged myself out of bed. Stayed up too late last night I guess, but didn’t look at the clock.
        Today is supposed to be 107°, and rise in both of the next two days. I can only trust the forecast day by day, it changes that often.

We filled the bird feeders yesterday, as the birdies were pecking at the hard caliche looking for food. They stay hidden in the foliage of trees and bushes in the heat of the day.

E didn’t bring out all the laundry bags....one more to go today.
        I ought to mop the floors, but if he’s going to do any bit of yard work, he will just track in more dirt. I don’t see the point. He has a vendetta against the goat head weeds, which sprout up everywhere, leaving those awful little stickers all over. They can really hurt! But i would like to talk him out of the yard work for a few days, due to excessive heat warnings.

I still have problems with my lower back. Not sure how effective the PT is. Maybe I’m hoping for too much too soon.
        I still need a moment to gather my wits when I go from laying down to sitting up, too.

Not sure what today will actually bring.
        Maybe I will figure it out after I have my cuppa and breakfast.

Cookie, I can’t believe you brought all those pies home. The peach pie sounds good, and I wish I was on your route to get one.
        Sharon, I don’t see how you get all that canning done.
        Hi Janet! I like to see kids dragging around their personal little “blanket”. I’m glad you got that baby soft yarn.

Hope you all have a great day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I started to write something and it disappeared...maybe the computer is a critic? Actually I was just in the midst of commenting on the weather with temps hitting 95 today and tomorrow and hoping the pools warm back up after a week or so of cold temps. I have a couple of days of floating to look forward to later this week. And I am ready to float!

Today both Jon and Sierra are off so maybe they will cut the backyard. If she cuts he can paint...great idea, yet the door has not been painted all summer and the grass is tickling my knees. Pretty sure he will grill since he always does when he is home. His cold had made a come back and that does not make me happy. Wish he would get it checked. The cough is horrible!! I woke this morning with a very sore shoulder. it is getting sorer and I guess from the way I sleep but I have been trying not to take anything but may have to start if they continue to goof around. No one called for the appointment with the next CT yesterday and taking their time is great for them but it is hurting here folks! Why do we care what it is? Just get rid of it! Ok, that is my morning whine...like to think that is the last one for the day but you never now what the day may bring. Maybe a good old fashioned hussy fit? I may be getting old but can still produce one of those!

All this baking you are talking about makes me hungry for pie. I would have bought one of those peach pies and a gallon of ice cream and died a happy person. God knew what he was doing by putting you in PA and me in IL, Cookie! I remember the donut guy...

No idea what I will do today. She has been told she has to learn to iron. I have always ironed and even if it is a dying art I still have people asking for this or that to be pressed. When Sierra was in high school and her friends would come for lunch there were lots of times I was asked to press something for one of them. I am so glad i was able to do that because two of those girls were killed in November. Never thought ironing would lead to that memory!

I do know that one cup of coffee is not going to get me started this morning. The house did get picked up but I know I cannot run the vac so will spot vac with the dust buster. New birds in the bird house but I cannot figure what they are...very fast little guys and pretty shy. I do know that next summer I want more houses hanging on the fence cuz I love those little birdies. Tomatoes are getting big but not turning. At this rate I can carve those green things into pumpkin faces!

Hope the weather is beautiful where you are and enjoy the heat while you can.

Comment

Oh, sweet memory, Maxie, of ironing.

It is cooler this morning and will only be in the 90;s. The sky is still gray with smoke, but yesterday we all got little excited to see some blue up there.
            I shared a couple of really heartwarming things on Facebook. One is a firefighter giving water out of his water bottle to a cow who wandered ont otheir stagin area. She drank quite a few bottles, poor ting. The other is a handwritten note a firefighter left on someone's door to tell them he had watered some of their plants but couldn't figure out the drip system and their baby turkeys were cute!!! That was in the little historic town just south of the lake. So many littleold homes lost there.
            It is sad that am drawing a breath of relief that I am not in danger when there are still those to the northwest of me that are...the main road, hwy 299, that goes from Redding to the coast is still closed. There was a family visiting at church last Sunday that was on their way to Eureka and said they would be driving west from REd Bluff on hwy 36...and it looked closer to them, anyway. Ugh! As the crow flies it is closer. But as the road twists and turns and as the kids keep saying , Are we there, yet? it is a nightmare and a carsick journey. The other road that is closed has been straightened out as much as possible and my kids still got sick...I just smiled and told their two boys, Just keep thinking The ocean is up ahead! They were from Phoenix so at least they were used to heat. It is about a 6 hour tip compared to a 3 hour trip on the other road. And not many services on the way. Someone else quickly spoke up and said have plenty of gas and snacks with you!

Today I am cleaning and shopping and making frosting for a wedding cake I kind fo got volunteered to make. A couple at church who are not able to afford to buy much at all. I don't mind making anyone a cake but a wedding cake has a lot of expectation. Another friend said she will decorate it if I bake and frost. But it will be done in my kitchen and I didn't want that kind of cleaning duty today. But, it will happen and I will smile, right?

Becky snet me a list of food she would like for when she gets home next Saturday. I will buy it next Saturday morning. Her flight doesn't get here until 4:30 so it leaves my morning to shop as usual.

My son Stuart had knee surgery yesterday, The doctor had said he wouldn't know until he got in what surgery he would have to do: easy, quick repair or on with crutches for 4 months. Guess which one? Yep: crutches for 4 months at the first of the school year for the principal. August is Back to school for Administrators and he will be missing this next week of meetings. His Superintendent told him to stay home, but I don't know if that is something he can do.
            My money is on Jenni nagging him to do what the doctor ordered...and by Thursday Stuart will show up at a meeting.

Well, that's it from me for now.
            Take care of your aches and pains and family needs. At least, keep giving out that great advice!
            I agree with Maxie: I would be on the weekly pie order if I could, Donna!
            Maye, I would love to have some kitchen work and gal talk...
            Jo, take it easy. That laundry will not go anywhere. (Of course, neither will I if I don't get some things cleaned to wear! I better get m ine done, too.)

Everyone, take care and take some time for yourself! And maybe a cookie!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
              Rise and shine..
              I had to clean house...I attack the dust bunnies..
              Aunt Maye...I been very busy...I am making..Rag wreath.....then go on Etsy...I have little helper with my fabric...What are you working on???..And i am making hats for the homeless.I have all ready 50's hats...

Comment

I just got out of bed...Yesterday was a very good day volunteering...It was last normal day of volunteering...I am going to miss those individuals some have been there entire that I was. They got me a cake. It was also the cooks last day.

I have no plans for today..The plans I did have got completely messed up by my check not coming on Thursday or Friday like it was supposed too. It should be here today...if not mom will call the bank on Monday. She can see that it was sent out...she has access to bank stuff online. At some point I need to take the last of my cash and get a brownie mix for Bible study. I will probably do that in the afternoon tomorrow so the brownies are warm for supper.

I have no plans otherwise

Comment

One of our grandsons has a family in Eureka, Paula. I hope things are okay up there.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X