Thursday already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday already!

Where is the time going and why is it going so fast! I just believe it is August. It is going to be a warm and sunny day and that makes me happy.

Paula, did I understand what you posted this morning that you are under a fire alert? It is that close? OMG! I cannot imagine. I saw the picture of the firefighters laying asleep in a group...heart warming! Be safe and stay alert.

So today I have a doctor appointment to get the results of the MRI. When they called I was told the doctor had been out of the office a few days. Really? What if I had a broken bone and was waiting around totally incapacitated? His entire office shuts down when he is gone for a few days? If a new doctor ever moves in I will be the first patient he has!!!

Today I was going to do some work. Yep, I had decided I was tired of sitting around all day and looking at dirt. Kitchen cabs have stuff running down them and that was not me but I am the only one who sees it. Instead of writing my name on the couch tables I was going to actually dust. Well, cannot do that since I have a doctor appointment and tomorrow I have to drive back for a haircut. Looks like the dirt lucked out and next week is another time. Plus there is a afternoon ball game so I would have had to cut the cleaning day short so next week is probably a better time to start.

Took my trip to walmart and picked up Andrew's school supplies. He only needed kleenex, paper towels and ear buds anyway. I know, what a stupid list but I confirmed it with his mom. He will be getting his computer this year so guess they will probably ask for things as needed down the road.

Take care and enjoy the day...seems like a Friday to me so keep your days straight...it is Thursday!!

That graphic of the fire area is an alert to
    our high temps and dry air. Our air seems better this morning and we are outside!

Comment

Afternoon all! The sun is trying to peek out.

The last few days have been super busy. I'm still up at midnight finishing things up. My dishwasher has decided to not draw in & swish the water around. Sounds like a pump issue to me, but Cork says it's a timer issue. Instead of spending over $150 on a brand new part, I found one on ebay for $30 with a guarantee to work. Now I've always said I'd rather give up my microwave than my dishwasher. Still feel that way. Last night I washed everything that's been sitting in the DW plus all the dinner dishes. I HATE washing dishes.

Yesterday morning we delivered pies and then went for Blaise's counseling appt. Made a couple other quick stops before heading home. Then it was time to assemble pies. Blaise had karate. He finally earned his red strip on his belt, which means he's eligible for testing for his orange belt. He was so excited.

Don't know if Aunt Maye will be around or not. They came home from camp yesterday. Their SIL got called to come back down home here because his Mom fell & broke a hip. Later last evening Bill's BIL died. This is the first of our generation in his family to die. Very sad. He was suffering but couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. His systems just shut down yesterday. Because of them all living next door to each other, Aunt J was close to them too.

This morning I got all the berry pies baked before Sue arrived. She mixed & rolled out lots of crusts. I came back from the stand with a half a bushel of peaches and we got those blanched and cooked into filling. Made up 11 pies. I'll probably be taking some of them down to the stand once they cool. The remainder will go down tomorrow along with all the berry pies. Think I'll make salmon for dinner.

Now I've got to bake 4 carrot cakes and several coconut and lemon pies for tomorrow. Sue is coming tomorrow again.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my, lemon pie is one of my favorites! That and black berry cobbler. No one will eat lemon here and the last pie I baked I just ate with a fork right out of the pan. And you all wonder why I keep buying bigger pants...

Good evening to all....been a busy, busy day and I am tired....started with Dr. appt. found out what I already suspected, heart out of rhythm again, in AFib and struggling to breath at times, feet and legs swollen, etc. etc. Well first of all I got the okay to go ahead with the colonoscopy on the 7th, he sent info to the Dr. that my heart rate was high but I am cleared for scoping...then I went and got a Little Caesar hot and ready pizza and went to the real estate office and had lunch with the owner and my hubby...then I came home clean the peaches, peeled, sliced, packed and got them all canned in jars. Last night it was tomato juice....then when I finished that had a 3:330 appt. for a recall on my car, after I left there went to an open house the hubby was having on property he has for sale...then came home, made my salad, now time to just kick back and enjoy the evening...tomorrow I have zucchinni's to shred and freeze and make some small loaves of zucchinni bread for the freezer. Next week I will my procedure, then next day leave for family reunion in IN, when I get back I have an appt. with the hospital....they will be shocking my heart again but will start me on a new medication that requires you be in the hospital when they do, first by IV then pill form...oh lucky me, LOL...

Time for some R & R....very tired this evening.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy cow! that is a lot of running and working for one day. I sat around until time to shower and head off to doctor. Came home and picked up sandwiches for super and am in my jams. Your busy and my busy sure have different meanings! Jon brought home zucchini someone brought in to work and I think I am going to have him grill it. If I can get hold of a large one I will make bread. I do not think I have ever seem so many zucchini recipes as I have this summer!
    Working...
    X