Thursday August 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday August 2

Good morning! Bad air quality again but it is a tad cooler and I have got water on and doors open. No smoke smell right now.

Yesterday was unbelievably good! I got up at 4:99 and made three dozen brownies (cut big) to give to my cousin's son's power crew who had been working down out of the Ferguson fire in Yosemite and got transferred up here to our fire. Two other friends brought over cookies they made and it was quite a haul. Filled a box and a bag. Then one of my friends who made cookies had found people to wash kdog blankets and towels, etc, for the temporary shelter set up for people who had to leave their pets to go to shelters...that was 7 large trach bags absolutely full. I drove those back up to Anderson to the shelter. I got the easy ljob on that, believe me., They fwere heavy enough dry; I am sure they were much heavier when they were picked up, dirty. When I drove to the command center and said I had laundry to return a young guy, said Oh, I can take those here. wWhat do you have, 2 bags? I said, nope, 7. He just opened his eyes and pointed me to the curb to stop. Got someone else to help grab the bags and when he saw how big they were, just said, Wow! You Do have laundry!

On the way home I stopped to get mashed potatoes and gravy at a restaurant for a friend who just had throat surgery. She had asked for them when I thought she would want ice cream or pudding (which I had at home). I did not have real potatoes...so, when I orderd the waitress suggested maybe scrambled eggs, too, and a piece of cream pie...Yes! What a great idea! So, the day ended on such a postitive note with a surprise for dinner and it totally brought me out of the slump fo seeing so much need and not having anything to do to help.
    Service helps both the served and the server!~

I actually got most of my bills paid yesterday and only a couple to mail off today. And one final push to find things to donate to the yard sale. I took over toys the other night and there are so many great things donated. One is a NOrdic track exercise piece that was plugged in so people can see it works. The cup holder looked like someone had used it for an ash tray and I was thinking, that is kind of counterproductive when I realized it was the ash that was falling!
    that is why we aren't outside very much on those days.

Hope you all are doing well and smiling!
    Glad you are back, Jo, and your trip went well.

Good morning to all.
    Today I overslept, but it felt so good.

Thank you, Paula. You certainly have been super busy! All that plus the childcare. Wow! You are a Super Woman!

Well, it’s back to the old grind for me today. No appointments til next week. PT was mindlessly boring yesterday, and the guy will be having me do those exercises for longer times. Boring! But all movements are supposed to be helpful.

When E gets up today I have a lot of laundry to catch up with. He totes it to the laundry room, I do the rest.

Yesterday’s weather slipped upwards in temps to 105°, then last minute, we had Thunderstorm warnings. At sunset I heard the thunder, but the storm was a disappointing light shower that didn’t last. Go figure.

Hope you all have a good Thursday.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening to all....been a busy, busy day and I am tired....started with Dr. appt. found out what I already suspected, heart out of rhythm again, in AFib and struggling to breath at times, feet and legs swollen, etc. etc. Well first of all I got the okay to go ahead with the colonoscopy on the 7th, he sent info to the Dr. that my heart rate was high but I am cleared for scoping...then I went and got a Little Caesar hot and ready pizza and went to the real estate office and had lunch with the owner and my hubby...then I came home clean the peaches, peeled, sliced, packed and got them all canned in jars. Last night it was tomato juice....then when I finished that had a 3:330 appt. for a recall on my car, after I left there went to an open house the hubby was having on property he has for sale...then came home, made my salad, now time to just kick back and enjoy the evening...tomorrow I have zucchinnis to shred and freeze and make some small loaves of zucchinni bread for the freezer. Next week I will my procedure, then next day leave for family reunion in IN, when I get back I have an appt. with the hospital....they will be shocking my heart again but will start me on a new medication that requires you be in the hospital when they do, first by IV then pill form...oh lucky me, LOL...

Time for some R & R....very tired this evening.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

It looks like you accomplished a lot in spite of your health issues, Sharon. You certainly deserve R&R tonight. Take care.

E took me to the hospital pharmacy today because I forgot to pick up my prescription yesterday.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X