Tuesday July 31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday July 31

As I was doing my hair this morning I realized I need to include more than just my meds for an evacuation kit!
    I started putting away what I had packed for a 5 day away situation and realized I was in more of a panic than I would have thought: no toothbrush or hair brush!
    I am going to make up a hygiene kit like we do for the shelter for my mom and Becky and myself, just using our products. And I am going to have Becky scan the photos to the computer and put them on a (can't remember the name of the little thing). And put it in the safe deposit box or keep it in my purse. I need to have better food in a 3 day kit than I have, too, I have a 5 gallon container of emergency dehydrated meals my brother sent me and that was going into my mom's car.
    right now there is 25% containment, but grew to over 100,000 acres, but grew away from Redding.
    818 homes destroyed, 6 people confirmed dead and still there are missing. It will take all of us donating, working and pulling together to come out of this.
    There are still evacuations but also some areas have been cleared for people to come back.

Jostoy, that is great about the new bike. Does it have a basket and a bell? Ride it in good health!

sassygirl, So glad to hear from you! I have a friend who has fleece he said I could have to make dog blankets out of but I have to cut it, too. And it is in really long lengths for the motorcycle products his company makes...and my hands are not getting any stronger for that kind of cutting.

It is smokey out so we will be going out early before the heat really gets us down. I wish the gray sky was rain clouds the way it appears.

Have a good last day of July and take care of yourselves!

Good Morning, would be much better if there was some sunshine out there...sitting here watching the many different birds come for their breakfast, have not seen my buddy the squirrel come for some corn...I need a bird book of what backyard birds we have for this area...will get that soon.

Think I will go buy some corn today to can and freeze, have already started getting green beans from the garden and canning those....had to go buy a pressure canner for the green beans, was afraid to can them the old way like I use to, botulism...

Not much else happening around here.
    jostoy, you always find a way to keep on keeping on...poor little kitty those parasites happen to outdoor kitties eating rodents or fleas.
    Good to see you Sassy...Can't afford to keep losing people..
    Paula, good plan for evacuation if needed. My heart bleeds for California...
    Donna busy, busy per usual...I use to have that kind of energy, age and health took most of that away.
    Bethina, glad you had a good time in spite of a few crabbers..
    Well time to get this day started, take my meds, grab a shower, then load my basket in the car and go to farmers market..
    Have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Paula, haven't seen the new tricycle yet. When I bought it, it was still in the box. I ordered a 3 speed to be put on it, but they said, when it came in, something was broken, so that part had to be reordered. But yes it has a big basket in the back.

Boff, you know me, I don't like sitting around. This way I still can get in my exercising.

JoG, the nuerologist told me to get a cane, and I asked him what would I do with that thing. When I'm outside, I'm working and that cane would just be thrown down or left in the house. So his statement back to me was "well just fall then". I got a laugh out of that. He is the one who set me up for physical therapy.

It is raining today, so will have to find something to do inside. Hope all have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an adult trike and I love it!!!!

Good Morning Rounders, I'm at Ellen's house and cat sitting. They left Sun. Morning for a mini vacation. Will be back sometime tonight. They are out in the country and told me to expect wildlife, so far haven't seen any. Been taking my coffee out on the front porch and watching the birds.

Comment

Good morning.
        Paula, you and everyone in the fire areas are in my thoughts. I do hope the fire is contained soon. Plus thoughts of rain clouds/rainfall happening in those areas soon.
        I asked my DD in WA if it’s going to be a danger to them. She doubts it, because OR is a buffer state; however, they do have fire watch reminders there. So it’s probably looking worse than I had thought. I know she keeps “important stuff” ready in the event of volcano eruptions there. I knew of Mt St Helen, but I read that there are five volcanos in her state.

Well, my exam went well yesterday. It looks like the lower dose med is better for me. I didn’t require the blood infusion yesterday. I have PT tomorrow, though.
        However, I go through the whole routine (labs/follow up exam/possible infusion) again in 4 weeks. The labs are scheduled even earlier next time, the follow up at mid-morning ..... this will account for a long morning...... the infusion would be in the afternoon if not the next day. Depends on how ambitious the lab techs are that day.

I have several things I want to get done soon, while I have some energy to do it.
        I wanted E to water trees. He sees no need, as we are getting light rains at night. Never mind that there are yellowing leaves, and the dwarf apple tree has “baked apples” falling off. No ripe ones, though.
        I need to refill the hummers’ feeder. The other birds are out of suet, so I might put out bread bits for them. Maybe E will make a trip to the store if I ask for chips.

So, not much else going on here. Boxes need filling with stuff for our girls. Soon we need to take a trip there and deliver them!

To all, have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning Paula and all to follow. Thank you for the fire update. I cannot wrap my head around what you are living through. My eldest son lives in southern Missouri on the New Madrid fault and he has an earthquake kit. He even has cash stashed away in it! I am glad you are taking it seriously and think that scanning the pictures is a wonderful idea. This has got to be stressful for you...just following it on the news is so sad but those people seem so strong and grateful to the firefighters.

Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon at the hospital having those test. I had never had anything like this done before. They would take a scan and then it was sent off and read immediately and they would tell them what other 'pose' to take and this went on for 4 series of scans. Between each session the tech would come in and show me what they had seen and what they were looking for and I got so much info. The ultrasound was painful if you all remember the mammograms of old. But again I got the results instantly. It was like I was actually seeing a doctor! It is determined that I have very dense tissue and hidden in there is a big cysts. There found several other during the ultrasound and will monitor them and in 6 months they will look again to see the rate of growth or any other change. I cannot believe the info they freely gave me and how the scans and positions were all explained. Especially since I am still waiting for the results on the MRI from my shoulder they did last week. I am not happy with my GP but our little home town hospital rose very high in my esteem. So that is over and done for 6 months and just left with the pain in my shoulder.

Jon left very early this morning to work a split shift of OT so he will just come in today and flop into bed. Sierra is off the her therapy session bright and early and the house is quiet. I do need a trip to walmart and I hate walmart but there are things that I need from there on occasion so may just stock up on some groceries. I need to start checking out sweatshirt jackets and need to get them when they come in. They I pick up in the men's department and they go quickly. Last week I left one in the hospital and thought I'd never see that again but it was cheap enough, ya know? well, when I walked in to register they handed it to me...seems it pays to be a regular! I know, I am a small town snob! Anyway, I keep jackets in the car always for cold restaurants and malls in the summer and cold restaurants and malls in the winter. When they come from walmart and get left behind I do not worry about the cost.

Need to finish up laundry and have 3 of the 4 of her work shirts to iron. Grass boy came to cut while I was gone but Jon was off to handle him. He left a beautiful bag of tomatoes so I am thinking grilled cheese sandwiches tonight. Why does he have so many that he can share and I have a couple that will not turn? Guess it is a good thing I do not run a farm. That is so nice that he brings us produce. Guess I am nostalgic for small town and neighborhood friendliness today.

More rain today then back to summer. Still lookig for womone to see the dirt and I am thinking he should just hire a tractor to level and we will seed ourselves. I am sure you can get and find anything on utube and amazon. We would have Andrew and Sierra and could pay the grass boy...however, my son is not the fastest mover and I hate that! I want it done now when it needs done and he thinks about it...like his father. He thought until I either did it myself or blew a gasket. Since I cannot do it myself any longer there is only one alternative.....

Have a wonderful day and Paula I hope the fires are contained soon. Jostoy I love the bike story and idea. Does it have the back basket? Sorry those balance exercises are not working since I was hoping for a better response and they have been recommended for me. Ready for some sun and hot around here.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah
            Cash is definitely needed when power is out and ATM or stores will just take cash!
            It is a constant thought here with fire season, earthquakes all the time but small enough, and did I tell you we use two volcanoes for direction? Shasta and Lassen! Lassen has t erupted since 190? But we get it drilled a lot in daycare emergency preparedness .
            With accidents that can be toxic anywhere we all need to be prepared!

Jostoy, that is so funny about the cane. However, on days you are not working outside, like taking your neighbor places she needs to go to, a cane might be handy for aiding your balance. I laughed at mine, too. But there are moments I’m glad I keep one handy.

wow, 3 people posted while I typed. Am I getting slower, or what!

——————

Hi Maxie. It is very good when the doctor and staff give you all that information.
          Keep notes!!! You may need them later on.

Maybe your tomato plant plant need a “friend”. Mine wanted a second tomato plant in the garden, and also a bell pepper plant close by. Boy, did it ever produce a lot when I did that for it.

that reminds me, I want to go to a garden center to get my brother’s SO some unusual garden seeds. I couldn’t get the lemon cakes to grow (they’re like baseballs), but she might.
          Last edited by JoGee; 07-31-2018, 09:41 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a family of them...3...and I am beginning to think they are just ungrateful. There is a beautiful dahlia on one side that has tripled its size and a mini hibiscus they are trying to overshadow. I will enjoy biting into the first ripe one and telling them they were worth the wait!

Good morning to all who checked in while I was writing. Seems like we all got up at the same time this morning!

Comment

Good morning I am late today I had a meeting..

I received a job offer late yesterday afternoon and I accepted it...I will be working at the local university in dietary. In one of the cafeterias They are creating a wrap bowl station I will be in that station working as the wrap girl! I am super excited. I don't start for almost a whole nother month but its ok.

Friday will be the last day that I voluteer at the adult day care...the new director has some issues and stuff going going on and just hasn't made it a place that I want to be.

Comment

Afternoon all! The sun decided to show it's face. It's been a gloomy couple of days but produced very little rain. DARN!

Yesterday was good. Blaise & I headed into town late morning and hit up the bank and 2 grocery stores. Spent a wad. Stocked up on frozen berries from Sharp Shopper that were on sale for $1.60/lb. Then onto Aldi's and for 80lbs of flour. Came home and delivered more pies to the stand and then unloaded that card. I don't like that part of the chore. I then had to start making & baking pies for today. Had to take a break and take Blaise to karate. He FINALLY got his orange strip on his belt, which means he now can test for his orange belt. He was ecstatic! Came home and cooked dinner before going back to baking.

Slept in a bit this morning. Got up and immediately put the prepped pies in the oven. I had the oven come on & preheated at a scheduled time...delay start. Love that feature. Was still getting organized when Sue arrived. We got a lot done today. Mixed up pie dough and while it was chilling, we bagged up the 7 boxes of frozen berries. Then we rolled. Before she left, we mixed up 16 batches of pie dough again, and she took it home with her. She'll roll it out at her leisure and bring it back on Thursday.

Now I need find some more energy. I need to assemble 12 pies and bake 4 of them for tomorrow. Need to bake off some sugar cookies too. I filled up 6 of my pots with different berries and need to get those cooked into fillings. May cook a decent dinner since we don't have to go anywhere today. Right now a nap sounds really good.

Hugs to all!

Have a good one!!!!!

Comment

good afternoon,,,

thought I had posted earlier.. but.... made plans to drive to daug, Karens camp in the country.. lovely house back in among trees , north, near the state park.....will go up this afternoon, and come back home tomorrow.. just an overnight little visit..
                I won't be on until we return, so take care , be careful..

Comment

Working...
                X