Monday July 30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday July 30

I had to look at my phone to see what the date is. I knew it was Monday, but not sure of anything else.

I am still safe and the fire is starting toward containment...it has been at 5% for all last week and growing but today it said 15% containment. Saturday some here in Red Bluff, on my side of town, were starting to be ready to leave if the fire kept coming south. So I went into each room and asked myself what is here that I can not live without? After getting all the dog crates ready and photos and Gary's journals, I packed three days of clothes, and some paperwork, but there isn't a lot when it comes to getting out fast that I couldn't leave. I called my mom and told her to do the same and then I went to the gas station and filled up the tank. It was only down 1/4 tank. the weirdest feeling at the station, though. The streets were deserted, no one driving around at 6:00pm on Saturday except for the gas station which was filled! I always fill up on Saturday evening and it has never been like that. Since we had just had a fire a few weeks ago on our side of town, I think people were paying more attention. And having the two news channels devoting almost all programming to the fire is also very sobering.

This morning the sky is totally gray. So far, no smoke smell or ash falling. Yesterday it was a heavy smoke smell in the air. I went over to see a friend who was in bed with her tube feeding (gastro....something I can never spell) and she was telling me where she would have her 5 days of feeding and medical needs and where she keeps cash hidden around the house. And she lives on the river! This is how anxious we all are.
    The death toll is at 6, and loss of homes is way up in the 600 range...

I am not posting on Facebook about getting crates and supplies ready to go because that freak Becky out and I don'tneed her to leave and come now.

Boy, I am thankful for Scott and all he did to et us back up and working. I depend on talking with you all!

Love to you all!

Good Morning. I truly thought we were all lost forever...glad to see it is back up and going...Went to the back up page on Facebook and that was totally gone...but not everyone has Facebook so that would not help, plus it doesn't seem as private as this does...I am always prepared thinking that someday it just won't be here.

No real plans today except dusting and running sweeper and deciding on something for supper...

I just went out and filled my bird feeders, there were 5 birds out there eating was few that were left....don't need to replace the corn cob yet, it still has kernals, my little buddy the squirrel has not been here in a few days...I do know one thing, blue birds chase a lot of other birds off..

Well off to get my day started...have a good one.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's a cloudy one, but still not much rain. Just a splash here & there, but not enough to soak the ground and water the fields of crops.

I'm am so glad to be back here. I've missed chatting with you all. So glad you are OK Paula. Very concerned for you.

It's been a very busy week baking & running Blaise. Pie season has begun and people are craving pie. This year I added a couple new flavors of pies and started having those little 2oz deli/condiment cups w/lids full of pie samples. The samples have been a hit. Friday I did take some time out and took my Aunt P out for lunch after I picked up Blaise from VBS. She's been in assisted living for about 2 weeks. The past week all her kids were out in Seattle for a destination wedding, and she's use to one of them taking her out almost everyday. She hates the food there....very bland. I told them I would check in on her while they were gone. We went to play cards there last night.

Yesterday after church & SS I had planned to meet Kathy to drop off Blaise for the day. Well she needed me to come all the way to her place. I wasn't happy about that at all. Did it. Corky delivered my pies for me and I went later to get paid. Came home and cooked all afternoon. Becca came down to play cards with us.

This morning I was up early to bake off 4 pies. Got that done & paid a few bills. Now we need to get ready and go into town to the bank & grocery shop. Might stop for lunch out. Once the pies cool, I'll be delivering them down to the stand. I then have to get busy and mix up some pie dough and assemble pies for tomorrow and get them baked. Blaise has karate tonight. I feel a nap will need squeezed in there somewhere.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...My week end in Chicago was pretty good..My friend and I that planned the trip agreed that the last 2 ladies added to our group are not ones we want to travel with again..the other 2 were great..Its not every weekend that you get to stay in a 500.00 a night hotel in down town Chicago. The last 2 ladies were a bit whiney..kinda messed it up for some of us others...we learned..I loved it all but the car ride there and the car ride home. My favorite parts were the double decker bus and seeing wrigley field.

Leaving in a few minutes with my sister to run errands and work out.

Comment

Morning! Miss you when I cannot get here!! Glad we are back up and running.

Paula, been following the fire situation on the news and then your writing from a personal view point is so sad. Saw pictures of fire tornados and the height of the flames and how fast a fire moves with entire neighborhoods gone. I am sure you will be alert...How horrible.

It has been a quiet weekend here with everyone working. Jon worked OT Saturday and with the Cubs playing the Cardinals in St. Louis Sierra worked several hours over since they were slammed. She works at the second exit out of St.Louis and they get a lot of traffic heading to and from the games. Chicago, St. Louis have a huge rivalry in all sports but baseball is the biggest! Anyway, it was very quiet and with the rain I just stayed in all weekend. Hallmark finished the Christmas movies and I will miss them. One channel went two weeks then the other two more weeks so I have had a month. When Sierra came in Saturday night I had the TransSiberian Orchestra Christmas special on one of the cable channels and she says it sounded so good. When she was little and we would drive to my sisters for some pool time she would want the CD in and we had 2 hours of Christmas music heading to the pool. I know...we are nuts!

My sister had wanted me to come down today and go with her tomorrow when the countertops are installed in the new house. i would love to but....I have those other mammogram/ultrasound tests scheduled for late this afternoon. That would have me driving through St. Louis in rush hour with ballgame traffic and rain. Think I will pass...temps have been cold anyway so no swimming or pool sitting with the rain. i am doubtful the temps left the 60s yesterday. What is wrong when school starts in a couple of weeks and the weather turns cold? COLD in July?! Did run into Penney's and picked Andrew up a couple of shirts and a light jacket...nice sale and I had reward points. He refuses to wear long sleeve shirts in the winter so once the season changes you have a hard time finding shirts. he has grown a lot this summer.

Sierra works later today and Jon is off and they are sleeping in so it is quiet. Be glad when all these tests are run and results in so I can maybe get back to normal. Hte running around when it isn;t fun.

Missed you all this weekend and glad we are back up and running. Paula you and your area are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay alert!!

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much! Reading the many posts of those who live in the areas and then hearing the tributes to those who have died is so emotional. I am limiting my time with it. I just wish I
            Could bake food to take up there but will just have to donate.

Good morning. ☀️

Yes, the RT is Home Sweet Home for our comfort zone of support. I can’t begin to explain how lost I felt when I found the RT to be down. Thanks to Scott, we are back! Mentally, I’m on my knees bowing in thanks to our fix-it guru.
          But then, mentally I’m a mess after being gone for a week. I think I am just getting past jet lag. But I’m still waking before there is any hint of the sun rising.

Today I have an early appointment with the oncologist ‘s NP. She will check my earlier appt lab work to see how my new med is working, and see if my red cells are up to par or if I need another blood transfusion. I’m sure I will have to have another bone scan in the near future to see what my fibrosis situation is. But first things first, I guess.

I will have to be waking E shortly, and getting my stuff ready to go.

Our vacation was fun, the best family visits ever. But it’s good to be back home again. We did have one good rainstorm since we got back. Rain storms predicted in the next few weeks, but we know Mother Nature lies a lot. .
          Paula’s area could use some of the rain....I’d like to see that fire totally contained.

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone.

Paula, I also watch the fire near you on T.V. Sure hope it is ended completely before too much longer. I knew you didn't live in Redding, but you always say you have to go to Redding. Also didn't know if you were in a suburb or lived a ways away. Just be safe and PREPARED for evacuation, which it sounds like you have prepared for that part.

Went with E this morning to take the white cat she got last summer for V. It has been to and in the vet's clinic for 5 time for the same problem. This time the vet will get rid of the parasites again, and then find it a new home, if he doesn't keep it for an office cat. He already has 3 cats in the office, one of which is cut like a lion. But Marshmellow would be an official greeter for his patients. She is such a lovable cat, if she just didn't get sick about every 1 1/2 months.

You all know how when we are little, we ride a tricycle then move on up to a bicycle. Then after a certain age, we revert back to a tricycle. Well I'm at that age. Traded my Schwinn bicycle in on a Schwinn tricycle. Haven't been able to ride the bicycle all this year due to a balance problem. Am even taking physical therapy for balance, can't see that it has helped yet. Anyway, just saying how we revert back to our beginnings as children.

Hope all stay well AND away from fires.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..
              I am here.!!!!
              Finally..I am not what was wrong..It would not let me lo log in.
              Where is Aunt Maye???..I been busy..Cutting..A friend of mine..Gave me blot of fabric..I was cutting it down to 1 1/2 yard..And there is more (UGH)..

Comment

I am back from the doctor’s, and overall it was a good checkup, even though my white count is slightly higher. I did not need the infusion (Yay!)
                I did not need my cane for walking today. I did well on my own. I wonder if using the staircase at my brother’s house, several times a day, helped my balance??? I don’t think my PT will care one way or another, as long as I do my exercises well.
                I go back in a month for a followup, and infusion if needed then.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening!

Hi Sassygirl!...good to see you too!... and all the other dear Round table buddies..

It was one of those days.. where you don't get a lot done but it takes you all day to do it... .. we made a quick trip to Aldi's .. got the essentials on the groc. list. and came home... made a decent lunch...and then......................................read a lot. now its after 9pm. and I'm still reading .. think I will head for the bed .prop up and read..

maybe tomorrow will be more productive... no Dr. appts this week. yea..

see you all in the morning ..

Comment

Working...
                  X