Friday July 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday July 27

I don't want to alarm anyone but the pictures I have posted on Facebook about the fire in Redding that startd by my favorite lake is Real and is scary. Two of the news crew are reporting from evacuation centers where their families are. One post this morning is from a nurse who took the video from the top of the hospital right in Redding! the fire has jumped the river at one point and everyone is just waiting and praying to see what today will bring. High heat and winds are the forecast and that is not what they need.

today our sky looks better than it did yesterday morning. And no ash falling right now.
    I have a full house today and hope the kids can be outside and do some water play in the pool as well as the babies in the sprinkler.

thank you all for your wonderful friendship!

Paula, I have been looking at your pics and reading the comments. That is so scary! I cannot imagine a fire jumping a river. Horrible loss!

Well, we missed all the rain entirely yesterday so watered last night. The potted plants are really showing the wear of the summer heat and not very pretty at all. I see them being thrown out if another heat wave hits. On the other hand, the tomatoes are getting bigger but not turning yet. Bought some yesterday. If they are in season and so plentiful then why am I paying the price of a gold nugget? Our temps have really cooled into the 80s and it is time to heat up for these last weeks before school. Once school starts the thrill of summer is gone....might as well bring on Fall and get the seasons moving on until next Summer.

Finished up all the laundry yesterday and even ironed last evening. I always leave the towels as last load in case they do not get folded so they are still sitting in the dryer. Sierra needs to run to the school today to check on some papers they say are missing since she had to get an extension on her grant so she ask if I wanted to ride along. Actually she wants lunch but time spent with her is time she is not spending with the dead beat. If only I had a magic wand!

No plans for today other than lunch. Vac needs run again....we are a crummy bunch but only when the sun shines in a certain way so if I stay away from that window for a while I should be ok. Jon and Sierra are both working all weekend so it will be quiet around here. Paula stay safe. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comment

morning...Its starting like yesterday not good! my phone card for some reason didn't go on my phone and I am now with out a phone until I can get some one to help me with it....My parents are probably on the way here by now and I need to be able to be in touch if they need me.

I leave for Chicago at 5 I hope to have my phone before that.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        phone is fixed,,,have a wondeful week end everyone

Good Friday morning.....we’re baaaack!
      Now to get used to the 3 hr time change, again. Needless to say, I woke at 2:30 this morning (about when Mt Bro’ takes his doggie for its first walk of day. Took me an hour to get back to sleep.
      At first we were glad to be out of our heat, and the days in the 70’s and 80’s were pretty nice. The rains (nearly every day) played havoc with my hair’s natural curl. My Bro’ says he keeps the house at 69°, however the beautiful newly remodeled basement where the guest room is (along with a fantastic bathroom w/ walk-in shower and jacuzzi bath) is never higher than 66°. Walk on that marble flooring, it’s like ice. But we did have a great time there with them. And she can really cook, and every dish is a real “presentation”.
      Had a great time with my cousin who is now currently in the hospital getting tests to be placed on the heart transplant list..
      Also had a great time with the nephews & nieces at the reunion, despite the on-and-off rain showers. As well with the other nephews & nieces who met us on another evening for dinner. We met E’s school buddy & wife the last day in an area that has several small lakes, and went to lunch. Overall it was a very good time with everyone. Our days were filled with good feelings and good times all around.
      Airline travel, as usual, is a fiasco. Detroit’s airport doesn’t print your TSA on the boarding, though the sign-in place for tickets indicates it. So getting the wheelchair service was also an additional service request, and I’d never have made it to the gate (our flight terminals were always too far apart, if not behind schedule as well). That is now a given.
      BUT ITS GOOD TO BE BACK HOME!!!

Today we both are tired, and it’s a do-nothing get-rested day. We came home to 102° which is dropping steadily to a possible thunderstorm on Sunday.
      Truly, there’s no place like home!

Now to read what you’re all up to.
      Paula, those fires are scary, they sure affect air quality, and I hope they are extinguished soon.
      I’m sure a hundred people could have posted while I’m typing this. Sorry.
      It’s a Friday in every sense of the word, isn’t it.
      Hope your day is good to you.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome back Jo, glad you had a good time.

Thank you, Maxie.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good late evening

been a different day , but a good one.. made a trip to pharmacy for D. pills ,, stopping along the way to get gas in car.. stop at Hardware store. for jar lids, ( going to be canning beets..).. Pick up quart of veg soup from restaurant for our lunch... later Mark stop in with little Elsie.. she is not quite walking but crawls super fast.. ...later in the day . Daug. Karen and her daug. the baton twirler got home from the National competition at Notre DAme.. their senior group took 2 FIRST PLACE awards.. I had to go hug and see the tape of the performance. they were super good!...

home to read ,read, and hunt books on line to download..

will go look at pictures of fire.
        Jo G. glad to you safely back HOME...
        Maxie , I very seldom iron anything ... I fold and press flat , unfold , hang on hanger.... .zip ,I'm done.. ..

see you tomorrow.. nitey nite.

Comment

Working...
        X