Thursday 26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 26

Morning everyone...I got a text this morning from my mom that my granny wants to move again!!!!!! Mom told her she no longer has that option...I told mom that I want to call my granny right now!..I won’t I will behave and just find some junk food...I realize junk food isn’t the answer I am the world’s biggest stress eater.

Mom and dad will be back in the morning...The visitation for my brother in laws dad is Friday evening and the funeral is Saturday. I won’t be going my sister told me not to cancel my trip she wants to think about me having fun

Morning! It is a sunny morning with rain maybe this afternoon. Then maybe we can get back to some heat. A couple of cool days are nice but this is summer and the end of July and school will be starting in a few weeks so let's bring back the heat. The pools have cooled and I like to walk into a warm pool!!

I keep thinking I should cook and I SHOULD...and I want to eat but I sure do not want to prepare a meal. I am taking total advantage of this lazy days of summer. Jon is off today so maybe he will. I am also taking advantage of these lazy days by not doing any laundry...Sierra dragged out a pair of old work pants and that gave me another day off. That means that right this minute there are two baskets of over flowing dirty clothes in the hall waiting to be carried down. No time to cook with all that to do!

Beth, nice of you sister telling you not to change your plans. Go and enjoy. Nothing planned for around here but laundry. I am carrying this lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer to the extreme.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, you are welcome to swim in my pool! jThe only time I can swim is early morning. The air this morning at 4:50 when I went out to swim was 78* and the pool was warmer.

Good Morning to all..

While hubby is at the office I will bake his carrot cake, his favorite cake but he doesn't like the kind with pineapple in it, he says that is not a true carrot cake, LOL...but he does like raisins in it, not me...I just like a plain ole carrot cake with just the carrots, I do like nuts in it...will get out my KA shredder and get busy here soon...will put it in the fridge until Sat. which is his birthday...ask youngest son down that day for cookout, swimming and dinner...also need to go get a card for him and my sister who has a birthday the following week..Need to decide on a menu for Saturday...something on the grill of course..To hot and muggy out to do much outside, me and the heat & humidity are not friends...

Have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a friend who loves carrot cake. Between you and Donna talking about making one I think I need to make her one. I have a recipe that uses macadamias in it and that is a hard nut to find lately. I need a Costco run!

Good Thursday to you all!
    the sky is gray, but not with clouds, with smoke. It looks like we are going to get rain: they are that kind of color, but not at all what they look like. Yesterday afternoon when I went out to the garbage there was a strong smoke smell in the air. I asked on Facebook about it thinking it must be a new fire close by. No, it was the smoke from the fires to the north of us and some even from the OR fires!

Not sure if we will be going out at all today, depending on the air quality and the temperature. It is supposed to get to 113 today so that means going out will be earlier morning only.

Maxie, my laundry is done but clutter is slowly taking over. Two babies makes for a harried schedule. I used to be able to get things cleaned up and now the two babies just pull things out as fast as we put them away. I have my Lego table sitting in a crib so the 1 year olds cant throw them all over. Oh, wel, that is the name of the game. But it is a game I am getting tired of playing.

I am hoping we all get the day we are needing. Beth, I am glad your sister encouraged you to keep your planned trip, too,
    Take care and find your happy place. Mine has been I reading under th main vent for the air conditioning! I can actually get chilly there!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Saw where you posted the heat on fb. That is pretty darn hot then add a bad air quality...wow. I pay the utility bills and the last power bill was for all that 95+ heat we had for a couple of weeks. Highest bill ever paid here!! But being cool is nice and I gulped but paid it. We have never in my lifetime had heat like yours...and I wish I was close enough to dip in your pool cuz would!!
Working...
X