Wednesday the 25th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday the 25th

Morning...I may not be around for a few days. I am trying to focus on my sister and her family. My brother in laws father passed away very early this morning after an extended battle with cancer. I have not talked to my sister yet. We are letting them sleep while they can. I will text both nieces later. My parents will go to my sisters later today. I am not going right now. I will text my nieces later. Please just pray for all of them.

Mom and dad are going home today to get funeral clothes and kind of thing. They will be back for the funeral I will attend that with my parents.

Love you all

a wet, cloudy ,damp morning.. will make the Yard's happy... they were needing some moisture.. the Farmers around here will be happy with todays forecast of afternoon of rain... the Crops need water !.

we will be heading for Walmart this forenoon.. David is getting antsy , been home two days without going in the car. I want to get in and back before it starts to pours.

been crocheting. have the child size afghan finished except for a small border along each side....this is for Donna's grandson Blaise.. I used a lot of Black which is the color Blaise said he liked..

see you all later...

Comment

Morning...sunny and warmer today. Maye, I am thinking I have not left the house in several days myself. Like you, I do not mind being home. I had to stop crocheting because of my hands but have gotten the bug and may give it a try again. I really want one of those bulky scarfs and even have the big hook.

Beth, sorry about your family's loss.

Today I do have to get out for the MRI and am getting hungry for spaghetti so need to pick up asiago. Need laundry detergent too, so if time will run into the Dollar Store. They do not always have my brand but when they do it is cheaper than walmart. Always buy the dish washer soap there too and paper towels and paper plates, etc.

Last night I scrambled up some eggs and we had a side of peppers for him and tomatoes for me and it was pretty good...ate off of paper plates. Had the mess cleaned up early and sat and watched the ballgame. Sierra was off work early but naturally did not come in until late. There has been several instances of fake cops pulling women over at night and I have told her over and over to be careful and never stop on those country roads alone. Turn on your hazard lights and keep going until you hit a well lighted and populated area. So much country around here and I worry about her but she is just oblivious to anything but what she wants. It was a safer world when I was a kid.

Not much exciting around here. Will try to get more names of landscapers who will seed our area. Last guy wanted $1,000. Jon said he kept giving him times for each process and I wondered if they were going to do it on hands and knees. He needed a crew of 3 men, 3 hours each to grate and seed? It is a small yard not a pasture...oh well, moving on.....

Need another cup of coffee. Jon will be home before me this afternoon so I will not be cooking. In fact I may run through McD's before coming in. But that is hours away so maybe the food fairy will come in and have a fancy sit down dinner ready when i come home. Wanna bet?

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        For $1000.00 I want sod! That is a ridiculous amount. Ask on Facebook in your area and I bet you will get some better answers. Is there a junior college horticulture dept near that you can hire some guys?

Good trash day, I mean Wednesday, to you all! It is good because Igot the cat litter box cleaned and out into the garbage. Becky always does that and I miss her for that, for sure. Also, changing the water bottle. I ended up doing it yesterday with minimal spillage and a towel on the floor took care of that.

We are on a major heat advisory. That means that the electric company can shut down some power grids and the customers who opted for this one program that gave them a 50.00 coupon will probably have their power cut down in the evening (hottest) hours...50.00 is not enough for that for me.
      So, the reason I am posting this, I have laundry in now. We are asked to not use major appliances between 5-9 pm and I go to bed at 9:00 so I am doing my laundry now. It is lawn day so I can't hang anything out to dry and want to use the dryer as early as possible.

I went swimming this morning. It was 78* at 5:10 am. My air is set at 77* in the house so it was going when got up.

This has been the weirdest schedule for daycare this summer that I have ever had, Two wont be here today or tomorrow but of course, the babies will and the one who is potty training will be here (she is never kept at home). The reason I am making a point of the potty training is the mom brings her all dressed but in a pull up...and yesterday she was going to go back home and bring her a Bottle! she turned 3 in April. I just said, if Abby wants touse it for a doll bottle she can but she can't drink out of it. No wonder this child is not potty trained! Big bottles of milk and wearing pull ups just say go ahead...The mother decided to say, Oh, just go ahead and eat pancakes, instead...no bottle and I told Abby in front of her mom, Remember, you drink out of regular cups now.

Ok, I am done...for today. I do love my job, but the parents can really get in the way sometimes. They want me to deal with all the running to the bathroom but they want the ease of pull ups...

Our heat will be 111* or higher today, so we are keeping a low profile andstaying as cool as we can!
      Hope you do, too.

Comment

Good Morning! We got a bit of rain last night, but not enough. There were a few shallow puddles.

Yesterday was a busy one. Sue & I worked on crusts & pies. My day just flitted by. Actually cooked dinner. Nothing fancy, but we all sat down together for a change. My brother Ray stopped by during the evening for a visit. He brought me these 5 HUGE zucchini...are you freakin' kidding me!!!!

This morning I delivered Blaise to VBS, and the pies to the doctor's ofc and the stand. Now I have to get motivated to bake 3 carrot cakes today. I've got the pies for tomorrow in the refrig and ready to be baked when I find out how many we need. I really need to sit down and pay bills.

Have a good one all!

My condolences Bethina.

Comment

Good Morning...I am the tortoise and the hare this morning, and I am the tortoise, but slow and steady wins the race.. Some mornings I just get sidetracked...

Bethina, sorry for the loss to the family. Nice being supportive of others.

Maxie, for that price you could get down on your own hands and knees, LOL (to pray) yes keep looking. You are right to be concerned about your granddaughter, there are some crazy people in the world that want to do harm to others...I sure hope with this MRI they can figure out what is going on with you, and you have to schedule another appt. for the breast exam...I had something similar happen, mine showed something, I went for the scan and it showed that I have calcium deposits...Hope that is all it is for you also.

Paula, 3 YEARS OLD AND STILL DRINKING A BOTTLE!!! WOW that parent is just LAZY!! And not potty trained either, sounds like Mommy just wants you to do it for her...she can have pancakes and have her milk from a cup...I don't know how you deal with the heat, I guess your body adjust to it, that is just to much heat for me...I keep my thermostat set at 73, feels perfect, LOL..

Aunt Maye I guess you do what you can for David and keep him moving...Glad you have the chance always to go to Donna's and make grease balls and talk..

Well I need to get dressed and get this day started, trying to spend less and less time on computer..

Have a great day one and all..
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have additional scanning on the breast set up for Monday. They will also do the ultrasound on Monday if necessary. I agree this is probably just calcium or scar tissue from a surgical biopsy I had done 35 years ago. I am only doing all this without protest since my sister has had breast cancer. It could also be that I have insurance and they have new machines...sometimes I wonder about all these scans and tests, etc.

Good morning. It’s partly sunny here today.....supposed to be in the 80’s, maybe 90°; But humidity will be extremely high. I got fuzzy hair today.
          Yesterday I did’t feel great, had 5 runs to the bathroom. Today it’s turned to “D”, andto runs to the bathroom by mid morning. I hope the Pepto Bismol works.
          The house here is kept at 68 or 69°, But the newly refurbished basement stays a steady 66°. That’s where the new guest room is.
          We have one more visit to make today, over lunch at the Burger King. I probably won’t order anything but a drink, if I go. Depends how bad my stomach kicks my butt today.
          Tomorrow we catch a flight back home. I think I’ll appreciate the heat for a while after we get home.
          Also our K-size bed. We are feeling kinda squashed in a Double here. E mentioned to his relatives that I hog the bed. I denied it, saying I only take up half, and I can help if my half runs down the middle, But he’s very welcome in his half.
          That got a bunch of laughs. However, I’m a side sleeper and my feet are nearly on the edge of the mattress, and must admit if I’m curled up I’m probably infringing on his half. But he accommodates me so I’m comfortable. He’s a good guy.

Not much else is going on. Hope the airport is in a friendly and accommodating mood tomorrow. If I’m lucky I can sleep on the flight.

Hope you all have a good day.
          Beth, you and your family are in my thoughts. I’m so soon to hear of your family’s loss.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X