Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Morning to all Sunday day of rest...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning to all Sunday day of rest...

Good Morning to all...my plan for the day is to go visit our oldest son about 2 hrs. away...he and a long time friend started a business together almost 2 yrs. ago and it is keeping him very busy, which is good, but we don't see him as often.

I went looking on Facebook yesterday and found Tinkers children and got to see how they are doing, she would be so proud...also saw a few pictures of her daughters wedding, oh how Tinker would have loved that...she and Mindy, two peas in a pod.. she was just so heavy on my mind yesterday, remembering the first time we met and how we just clicked...also remembering other friends that are no longer with me.. Blessings in my life.

Well as I said, going to visit our son today, and per usual will take them out to eat...so no cooking for me today...

Paula the pork I bought was in a cooking bag wit the seasoning already, was a Kroger brand...just called Pork Carnitas, just removed the labels, left it in the bag, and cooked it..shredded it after it was done..

Everyone enjoy your day.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning.

Church and S.S. today. Don't know about Church tonight.

Did get my chainsaw tore apart and cleaned yesterday, but it is still on my work bench in pieces. MAY get it back together sometime today. My neighbor sharpened the chain on his nifty chain sharpener yesterday afternoon.

Time to get up and get some breakfast. Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
      A dreary, gray, wet day in MI. Looks like every single day herewill be wet and dreary to some degree. Thunderstorms and rain showers. The sun is supposed to come out again on the day we leave.

Nonetheless, the reunion was great, the visit with my cousin was very good.
      My brother has remodeled the entire basement and it’s like an apartment suite to us.
      And his lady makes big German type meals. Far too much food for us, even if it is all very healthy stuff.

Today is our day of rest, no plans here whatsoever.

Hope you have a great day, too.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It was sunny, but the clouds have rolled in and we are SUPPOSE to get some rain today....we need it!

Yesterday was a busy one. Got the laundry all done, bed striped & put back together, swept floors, and went to a couple garage sales with the guys. Took Blaise to karate...hinted to Cork that it would be nice if he'd do it, but he didn't.

In among all that I made up and baked 16 pies. I delivered 17 yesterday and he thought 5 more for today would be fine. Well they sold out of all of those and he upped their order. Had to start all over again. After I got the last of the first round of pies out (and before the next order was rec'd), Blaise wanted to go swimming. The water was warm, but BRRRRRRRRR was the air cool at 72 degrees. Humidity was low so it didn't feel warm after the 90 degree days with high humidity.

This morning we only went to church. Came home and I sent to deliver pies. Blaise didn't want to go see his Mom (I made him call her & tell her that), so I sent him with Corky to the flea market. I got my pies delivered. Yesterday when I was bagging up the pies, I dropped the only red raspberry pie. I salvaged most of the pie. Scooped out the filling that I could, ate a bit, and then put the rest in plastic sample cups with a lid and had them available for sampling down at the stand. Lot of good feed back, so we are hoping people come back today to buy one.

Now I need to start my cooking for Corky's lunches and tonight's cards. I'm got a half a ham roasting for this evening. Gooding to make some cabbage & noodles to go with it. Need to make up several pies for the refrig incase they want pies tomorrow. Somewhere in among all that, I'm suppose to be having a used upright freezer delivered. I found it on Craigslist and ask the guy if he'd deliver it for some extra $$ and he said yes. This will be my 4th freezer. I'm out of space right now. Oh, I sure could use a nap, but I don't have time yet. Cloudy days do this to me.

Have a good one all!

Comment

I am way off my normal schedule, but good Sunday morning to you all! I uysually don't go swimming Sunday morning, but I just thought it would be a refreshing way to wake up and it was. I saw I had the computer all turned on and decide to come here before I even get cleaned up.

Donna, Becky said it rained all day in MD so maybe it is working its way up to you. She was a little down at being home dog sitting and not with Spencer and the family. They need some family time and maybe a break ??? I am not sure if Becky will feel like finding her way to their church...the freeway there is kind of nerve racking for me, at least.

OUr barbecue at the church yesterday was great. Someone brought a Mexican street corn salad. So good! the corn had been grilled and then cut off the cob and there was a Mexican cojito cheese sprinkled on top.
          They had two big blow up water slides for the kids and everytime I looked over where it was set up it was busy! Lots of shade and slightly cooler and there was a nice breeze. Nothing to blow the napkins around or anything like that. I left before the dessert. I ended up taking a store bakery peach pie and when I tookit into the kitchen there were two others like it and one big ne from Costco.
          We are not cookielady when it come s to rolling out those pies!

I don't really have any plans after church. Just enjoy the day and my book. I hope your day is as enjoyable and restful!

Comment

Good morning I am enjoying a quiet morning at home this morning...I didn't have a ride to Bible Study today...I am good with that I have a very busy week coming....Today is my mom's birthday..and They will be here this afternoon My sister is fixing a pasta dish of some sort for my mother's birthday dinner I am taking 2 cesar salad kits. I offered to make dessert my sister said it wasn't needed..so I don't know if she is making something or if we will be going to the ice cream stand that my oldest niece works at. I think mom and dad are here through Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning I am not sure. I know that we all will enjoy having them here. I think we have some type of family activity planned for every day that they are here...

Yesterday was spent cleaning cleaning cleaning and more cleaning...then late afternoon a friend texted me and wanted to know what I was doing....and would I be interested in going to mall with her so I jumped in the shower and headed to mall for a bit and ended up at bar watching some of the cubs cards game...not the one that cubs won!

Comment

Morning. I slept in today but probably because I did not sleep much last night. I was dozing through the ballgame and finally gave it up and turned off the tv and then laid there wide awake. Hate those nights!

Oh Sharon, you know Tinker would have loved those grands! I was in Florida for Mindy's wedding and it was a beautiful beach wedding. Mindy is a hugger just like her mom! I have also been thinking about Linda lately...guess you miss your best friend for ever. I swear those blue eyes of hers just twinkled!

Andrew was here for a while yesterday and cut the back yard. His dad paid him well so he would have money for vacation. I swear that boy has grown a foot in a couple of weeks and is so brown! He tried to sneak out without a hug but when I stopped him his mom laughed and said told him to stop and let gram get some love. We are not a huggy kissy kinda family but some hugs just need to be given...ya know? His mother has a full schedule planned so they will have a great trip. Looking forward to pictures coming in.

I am trying to get Jon to the doctor tomorrow but he says if he still feels bad Thursday which is his day off. He gets so winded but at least the cough has let up a bit. We did run out for groceries and stopped to get a list of people who will prepare and seed the new dirt. He ask if I was ready to landscape the porch area but I am not willing to be a slave to the hose and watering this summer. These last few days of cool have been great but summer and the worst heat time is yet to come for us. Plus I know the shrubs I want but need to stop by the nursery at home and get the name. The Methodist Church has them along their foundation and I admire them every time I go through. The leaves seen to be small and waxy with constant white flowers. I need to get a picture. He still has two pieces of lattice to hang but not sure how to do them. Our two neighbors down the cul de sac have been out watching the dirt etc. so I told him to just ask them when they are lurking around. Maybe he will but you know men! Anyway he knows we have to get the dirt covered before another gully washer comes through and washes the dirt away.

I need to get out and do some trimming in my little plot. The dwarf lilac is not going to bloom again this summer as promised so need to trim the new growth and keep it small. The purple clematis is way to heavy for the pole and they are both leaning so it needs a pair of scissors. I am seeing all the beautifully colored hydrangeas in the nursery and all I have is this white one. What prompted me to pick up white? Anyway, I may put a colored one around the porch someplace. Only thing is those buds get so big and will fall over in a heavy rain and look crappy.

Kinda gabby this morning..maybe because I am just rattling around on limited sleep. Cards and Cubs split their double header and play the last game this afternoon. Hallmark still entertaining me. Jon is so funny. He comes in huffing and puffing then wants a fill in on the movie. yesterday he was bitching about the commercial breaks. But he is cramping my style because I like to watch the movies and the ballgame at the same time. He does not want me switching because he might miss something in the movie. Gotta get that guy well soon!

Not much sun out there but no rain predicted. Think I will go out in my jams to trim then shower when finished...of course that could mean I am in my jams all day still thinking about going out trimming! Have a super Sunday each of you. Oh cookie I wish you were closer...I would love a pie and a fork...that means no sharey!

Comment

Working...
              X