A damp Saturday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A damp Saturday morning

It's cool outside but the moisture is in the air, nice to have doors and windows opened and letting a nice breeze come through, even though it makes the floors and such feel damp...I still like it...hubby had a house showing this afternoon...I plan on trying out my new pressure canner...trial run before the real thing... other than that I have no plans...let it come as it may...Have a good day one and all...Hope and pray we see something from Elaine soon..hate to bother her at home with a phone call.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning everyone.

Wished we would have gotten some of that rain, Maxie. Sharon, for the last 2-3 years it seems as though Robinson sits in this little circle where the rain goes all around us. Maybe you will have to move back so we can get our storms back.

Sure is nice to get to do some less back-breaking jobs. Tree is down and on the brush pile, the lawns are mowed, and I just get to do light house work. Today will be dusting of the furniture. Do need to clean the chain saw for the next use, but that is not high on my list.

I did fall backwards yesterday trying to start the weed eater. So from now on, I will sit in a chair to start it. So far the "balance therapy" that I'm taking hasn't proven to be beneficial. Maybe by the time I get through the next 8 sessions, I will see some improvement. I really think it is the meds throwing me off balance but we'll see after I get my next injection.
    Everyone have a good day. I have to get my rear in gear and start that dusting.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I will pass on the moving back but we have talked about getting a Monicals pizza. Be careful getting your "rear in gear" don't want you going backwards, glad you didn't have a chainsaw in your hand when that happend.. Hope they figure out the balance issue soon..before you invest in bubble wrap.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you really taking balance therapy? My niece the physical therapist has been trying to get me to consider it. But there is a sense of adventure in not knowing if the steps will move, the door frame will jump in front of you or if you can get out the chair without falling back. However, it can get painful so let me know how your next 8 sessions go!

Moning..only plans I have for the day...a nap and cleaning

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Cardinals are going to beat the Cubbies again today!!

Good Morning, I'm the only one up so far, even Molly is still in bed. Candie is off work so as soon as I got up to potty, Molly took my spot.

Same old same old here. Girls took me out for Chinese on my birthday. When Candie gets up need to see if she wants to run to the store. Wish I felt like cooking but nothing even sounds good. We have a bunch of bacon and hamburger in the freezer and fridge. Candie got a good sale from work bacon 1.60 a pack and hamburger 1.00 a pound problem is neither of us wants to cook.

Think my problem is I found out some stuff and am trying to convince myself I need to break ties with siblings.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Late Birthday Darla!! I love Chinese dining..I don't think any of us have had much interest in cooking...last night I had bought a preseasoned pork roast at Kroger's Canitas, bought corn shells, Pico Da Gallo and we added cheese when making them, delicious.. As for siblings, let it go, stay mum, say nothing....just better that way...I know it hurts...have that with my sis in law, finally I let hubby communicate with her so I am not accused of anything...is family, his monkeys.

It is a sunny morning here and so cool I have on a jacket. Still suppose to warm to the 90s but this morning is nice.

Went for the MRI at the break of dawn and the machine would not boot up. So I sat for 2 hours and now will reschedule. This shoulder/arm thing is getting to be a joke. Still have no word from the doctor about that little surprise lump they found in my breast during the CT scan which sent me for the mammogram. It is just getting aggravating. Did get a scene from nature on my trip over though. A flock of turkeys were out taking a early morn stroll and had the entire road blocked. I kept lightly tapping the horn and ended up laying on it before they left the center of the road...I am pretty sure by the size of the group that they were domestic turkeys taking the younguns out for a morning walk but the center line wasn't the best idea. Did see that turkeys DO fly!

Andrew and his mom are coming by today. They are leaving on vacation tomorrow and want to say goodbye. He was going to stay with his dad today but with Jon sick no one wants Drew to catch it. We are beach people but they are heading to the mountains. Jamie would pack up and move there if she could. Personally I do not see the charm of the mountains.

Sharon, my son lived in Newton for a while so I know where Robinson is. Some areas seem to be prone to storms. We have a small town I drive through to get home and they are always cleaning up damage of some type. The worst always seems to go around us and no one is complaining. Wind gusts are the worst!

Do not know what the day will bring. Jon is off this weekend but his energy level is questionable. He has a horrible cold and worked OT and then had to deal with the dirt people. The RR is building a new road and are accommodating people with loads of dirt...all under the table I am sure since they want cash but they also graded our side yard with their machinery and he had worked with them. We do need to grocery shop since the fridge is empty. So empty I cleaned the shelves without taking anything out! But by the moans and groans I am hearing I doubt we/he will do anything constructive today.

Cardinals have a double header against our arch rivals Chicago today so I have plenty to do plus Hallmark is still doing Christmas movies. I really think those movies have given me a little pep and get up since I have been working at working around here. Started a new book in the waiting room today..Carl Hiaasen. He makes me laugh with his outrageous characters. I had thought he switched to children's book but found this one he published last year.

So going to grab another cup of coffee and then restart my day. Have a happy one!!!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you. I am a beach person!

It is cooler this morning. I went out at 6:00 to swim and it was 71*. Such an improvement over the 78-80 it has been the last few mornings.

I took my mom to the Fair after daycare yesterday. What a disappointment. the buildings were not nearly as full of exhibits as they have been in the past. Remind me I am entering a wreath next year: there were only 3 entries in the category. The blue ribbon went to a pitiful thing with three sunflowers at the top of a grapevine wreath and not much else. I actually liked 3rd place better but it was a scrap material wreath and who knows if that is what the judges were looking for. I make my own grapevine base from my grapes and then build it up from there. Oh, well; I didn't enter so I have no room to complain.
    In the quilt and food exhibits one of my former daycare girls who is 10 made a quilt that got a blue ribbon! She is in 4-H and did a great job on a simple squares of all sizes...I used to enter all the time. I had a friend who also entered indifferent categories and we brought home the ribbons. She wona Best in Show for her apricot jam one year and got the Ball canning award for it as well!
    I didn't see any hand quilted quilts at all.. Machine quilting is all there was.

One more thing: in the pig building, there was a pen with two big pigs in it. One was laying down and the other was prodding it to get up, then went from nudging to using its hoof, then more like kicking it. The one finally got up and the first quickly moved into the space: there was a mister coming down in the corner of the pen and the one had been hogging all the mist! pun intended! All the pens had fans on the pigs and then I could see where the mister lines ran along the fencing. There was an auction going on with the lambs so we didn't see any of the sheep...or the kids crying at the auction.

When I got back to my house and saw myself in the mirror I was shocked at how red my face was. Hair was still good and makeup still on, but boy, were my cheeks red. I stayed in and drank water (it was only 102 out) and changed into much cooler clothes (not the kind would wear out at all).

So today will be warm, but only100 and it has to work up to it. I have water on outside and a load of wash already done. I have an appointment at 8:30, then post office to return a QVC item and then the church barbecue at 11:00-3:00. I will not be there that whole time. The barbecue itself is large and was Spencer's Eagle Scout project. He asked if I would take some pictures so he could show Boone and his troop. In MD all their Scouts are community troops where here, they are church troops. OUr church is opting away from BSA by the end of next year. Anyway, I am taking pie and then taking pictures of the hamburgers being grilled and watching the kids on the big bounce house-water slide the church rented.

I better get going. I still have to do my hair. Wish I could wear it in a pony tail! My mom wanted to buy me a hat (!) at one of the political booths yesterday so I could wear my hair up and just put on the hat...Oh my gosh! The thought of how that would look was almost as bad as the hat! I just got us moving and told her I am not a hat person. Although, I do want a NASA hat before my brother retires...

Ok, I amreally going now.
    Donna and Maye, your bonding over grease balls sounds wonderful.
    Sharon, your pork carnitas sounds like I need to know how to do that. I just put my pork roast with Hawaiian sea salt and let it cook a long time. the nuse barbecue sauce after it is all done. What spices do you cook yours in?
    Jostoy, take care of yourself and enjoy a day with minor dusting! I have to do the high up dusting, but may wait till my brother is here to help.
    Sharon, love all the itme you have to do things with Doug. And how you are still canning!
    Bless you all!

Comment

Working...
    X