Friday 7/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 7/20

good morning! I went swimming this morning and it is still too warm to really enjoy the pool, but I know better than to complain about a pool in this town in this heat. We have a bit of a cooling down today; it will only be 102 and not over 105 like it has been. 108 yesterday, but I wasn't out in it much.

I did go to the grocery store right after daycare and my cart reflected it: two kinds of ice cream, raspberries, bananas, and tuna and avocados (all hot weather foods are our house).

I am making shakes for the kids today and letting them decide on their add ins. I already had mini chocolate chips and chocolate syrup for the ones I know will ask. There should be three more kids today. And one less 1 year old. His grandma day is today.

I need to clean up the hallway floor. I saw some pawprints this morning. The dogs must have found the one area where the daycare water play got really wet yesterday. And Friday is always my start cleaning for the weekend day...the daycare gets a little sloppy. I need to use my Shark steam cleaner this weekend. I would use it really early for the temperature if it didn't make the dogs bark. So for the comfort of the neighbors I will wait till after 9:00. Or until I hear someone out doing lawn work...

I hope you all have a great day and stay well and cool.

Morning....nice little storm we had last night. I love sleeping in a storm and usually just roll over but remembered the patio umbrella was still up so jumped out of bed. To late! Sierra was standing in the fridge when I ran through and said you do not want to go out...it was blowing so hard and the rain was driving! So Jon picked up the umbrella this morning. That thing weighs a ton since the bottom is weighted with sand bags but guess with it up it did a Mary Poppins! No worse the wear for some reason and we actually did need the rain. I wonder if this summer of heat and storms is what is in store for us in global warming? And yes, I believe in global warming!!

I got a burst of energy yesterday and cleaned the bath and ran the vac in the hall and living room. Today my arm and shoulder are so sore and I really needed to start in the kitchen yesterday. I also want to cook something today. My poor son has been sick all week and not really able to stop and relax and not eating properly. Probably not much around here but a couple of chicken breasts and I can slather them with spaghetti sauce. A sprinkle of asiago will make anything eatable! Andrew and his mother will be by tomorrow. I get to missing the little guy after seeing him everyday all winter.

Guess I should shower and start the day. Ironing will probably be something I work at all day. I need to get Sierra in and teach her. I was a good ten years younger when my mom started me. My sister and I learned to iron on my dad's cotton boxers. Now I go to the men's department and buy men's boxers as sleep pants and I do NOT iron them!!!! But I am kinda anal about ironing. My sister had a gorgeous hand embroidered tablecloth on her dining room table and I wanted to rip it off and iron it. It was a small tablecloth that she just had across the center of her extra long table. Beautiful but needed a little pressing. Ironing...another art that is dying!

Feels very humid but have not heard any weather. Some of these storms just pop up and drop a bunch of rain then leave us with humidity. Glad we have cooled down from the 98*, 100* temps. Paula do you have the humidity with those horrible temps?

Enjoy the day all. Happy pie making Cookie! To all that follow have a great and happy day!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Our humidity is usually very low and I do not ever complain about it because I have family in FL
      And MD and I know what real humidity is.
      People will say It’s a Dry Heat... just means it dries out your skin really bad.
      43% humidity right now

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie missing a good storm, been years since I have seen or been in one, in fact it was when I lived in Robinson, IL in 1997-2000, now that area got the worst storms I have ever seen or heard, but I loved sleeping with them.. I had a Mary Poppins umbrellas event in May, it ended up on my roof...

Maxie do you have any results on what is wrong with your shoulder? Sorry your son is not feeling well. I have had all the ironing I want to do, all those years of ironing childrens clothes, plus hubby's when it was shirt and tie everyday, dress pants, kids in catholic school strict dress code, I did a whole lot of ironing plus washing of sports uniforms..Have to laugh as I remember ironing Dad's boxer shorts, hankies, tshirts, plus sheets and pillow cases...

Good morning.
    Yesterday was a fiasco. The shuttle called and said their vehicle broke down, but they would send another. 40 minutes later they called and said the other shuttle couldn’t make it. Tried calling a cab, but they were backed up. So we ended up driving. Got to our gate just as they began boarding. Flight was okay. In Detroit we hot to the car rental after midnight. As E got to where they would call him next, 3 police came in, took 2 managers and a desk clerk back....delays happened. Got to the hotel about 1 a.m., and I crashed immediately. But woke by 6 and never got to sleep.
    Meeting brother and cousins for lunch....we got here early, so the hotel’s clock was way wrong. I think it will be a long day. TGIF!
    Have a great day!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Always an adventure JoG. Put the Uber app on your phone...

Good Morning! Another sunny hot day here.

Yesterday was a busy one. Sue came in the morning and we bagged up all the boxes of frozen fruit I had her pick up at the bakery supplier. We then started in on rolling pie dough. While rolling it, Linda called from the stand & ordered pies for this morning and Saturday. That decided my afternoon activity. We did take a road trip and checked out the freezer I saw on FB Mkt. It was too small. I couldn't even put a large cookie tray on a shelf. Came home, stuffed our mouths, and then went to the local firemens' parade. We had a nice time. Came home and started baking some more for the restaurant's order. Fun, fun!!!

This morning I got up and started....you guessed it....baking. Took Blaise to VBS and came bake & put the first round of pies in the oven. Aunt J came to scoop grease balls for me. We took and break and delivered the pies down to the stand. While there a lady called & ordered 4 pies for tomorrow, so they upped the order for tomorrow to 15 pies instead of 10, so you know what I'll be doing this afternoon. Making the pies isn't the hard part, it's the making the fillings that is time consuming. I just got done making 2 choc rolls for the restaurant. When I get home from picking up Blaise, I'll get the cream pies sliced & take the orders to the two restaurants. Karate this evening. Maybe I can convince Cork to take him. Want to place bets on that happening?

Sorry for all the confusion JoG! That alone is exhausting. Have fun!!!

Have a good one all!

Comment

good afternoon,

I did write a nice post yesterday but it would not stick. I will try again today.

as you read, I was at Donna's making grease balls and catching up on our gabbing..I so enjoy her company . It was fun just to share "lady" talk with her. I have heard David's old war story often enough!

I have not done much today. a load of laundry, made a nice dinner, crocheted a bit and snoozed. this evening I plan to finish a library book , to be returned tomorrow.

That was some storm Maxie. Rain is needed around here for our farmers. The crops are being slow getting started. I'm waiting on beets to be at the farm market. I was told I may have to wait another month.

let's see if this will post

Hi to you all

Comment

Good evening to all....Got up and got busy right off the bat this morning, first trash day get that all ready and clean litter boxes, empty out fridge, etc. Hubby cooked breakfast, after that we got dressed and I went to the store and he started working on putting the lattice around the bottom of deck after they dried from spraying them with stain...the rain started so we went out of town to a Rural King, I wanted a pressure canner, after reading that it is not recommended for water bath canning of green beans, I usually freeze them but I want some canned this year...they are the one thing we eat a lot of and always do good in the garden..I also want to can some chicken and beef...when we moved from Ohio the last time I was so angry that I gave all my canning stuff away, said I would never can again... It was the second time I had to move and leave Ohio...

So before leaving I put a pork roast in the slow cooker with seasonings for Carnita taco's tonight, corn shell fried, meat, Pico Da Gallo and shredded cheese...smells so good...

Our temps are now in the low 70's and dropping, so much wind, wish we would have a good storms, but not a dangerous one..

Well time to motivate....good evening to all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
        X