Wednesday Check In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday Check In

Good Morning! Another gorgeous sunny Summer day.

We didn't get near the rain we needed early yesterday, but we'll take what we are given. Yesterday morning Sue came to make & roll out pie dough....our first round. Not sure when the season will start, but I want to be prepared. Tomorrow the fruit is coming and we'll bag it up and roll out some more dough.

Blaise's best friend from school came for the afternoon. They had a blast swimming. Had a quiet evening.

This morning Blaise has VBS, and I'll be running into town to deliver a pie & pick up a few supplies. Need flour. I've been waiting for it to go on sale, but it hasn't, so I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy some. Tonight is the Swim Team picnic. They are having it catered. Taco bar...$10 for me. Wished they would have ask me to cater it at that price.

Have a good one all!

Good morning...I did end up having to get shots for my migraine yesterday.

My job interview went well. I am not sure I will get a call back and that’s ok. It wasn’t really the spot I wanted. The job developer helping received a message that chef Steve the guy in charge of the area I want to be in wants to meet with me Thursday.

Today I am going for a walk and have a lunch meeting.

Comment

Morning! Bright and sunny out there but not to suppose to be as hot...we will see.

Today I have my mammogram to check on that little surprise something that showed up in the shoulder CT. Probably just scar tissue but it means another drive and I am tired today. I had just drifted off last night when Sierra called to say she was at the station in town and her bank card was being declined. She had just gotten paid a couple of days ago and has money she says but good ole grandma had to get up and dressed and run MY credit card to the station to pay for her gas. I would think she would get up early to check on that little problem but then again I could be wrong. So I have a headache and am tired. Jon came in from work sick with a cold that came from nowhere. He went straight to bed and I see he is gone this morning so hopefully he is better.

Are you getting ready for peach pie season Cookie? That sounds heavenly!! I remember when my boys were little Tinker and I sent our kids to every VBS in town! Some were mornings and some were evenings and they actually enjoyed them. The Lutherans held theirs right after school was out for the summer but other churches spread them out through the summer which was very accommodating. Seems to me that Blaise swam in some pretty cold weather this Spring and now that the water is warm and the air hot the season is over. Enjoy the taco bar...pretty expensive for a team party...

Today I need to wash up her work clothes and then will need gas before leaving town. It will take me longer to drive over than the actual test will take. I have given up on the second coat on the porch and put it together last night. It looks nice with the bird houses and chairs in place. Some touch up but I just cannot stand it anymore. Why is taking pride in your property so hard? Grass boy is still a no show but I hate dealing with him anyway so hope he shows while I am gone today and then comes back for pay when Jon is home. There has been so much heat this summer that the plants are looking poorly even with all the rain. The plants outside and the people inside this house are weather worn.

Beth hope something comes from your interview and glad you were able to get relief from your headache. Cookie, sounds like you are getting a head start on pie season. Hard to believe we are on the down side of July already. School will be starting back up in another month. Missed the Kohl's towel sale but by the looks of my credit cards I don;t miss to many sales! Have a great day everyone!!

Comment

Wow! You all need to go back and read Aunt Maye's post from yesterday!!! She said Christmas!!!!!

Just a little wake me up humor, ok?

Actually, I woke up and got the dogs fed and decided to go swimming this morning. at 4:55 it was 78 out.
        Want to know what they are predicting for us today?

111* Yeah. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw that...no big deal: we have had higher, but ABC News was showing Redding on their Heat Alert last night on the evening news and that is us.

For the past couple of days I had been thinking of a banana milkshake and had even talked myself into going to Bud's Jolly cone and getting one after daycare...but the heat made me rethink that. So, I got the last banana and froze it and then made myself a small one with the last of the vanilla ice cream. So good! I just may be buying more vanilla and bananas (always have those on the list for daycare) and use that as my cool down in the evening.
        Buds' is a frostie/hamburger place that has been around for 50 years...they have so many milkshakes on their board and will put together anything you want if they have the fruit to make it.

Becky sent a video fo the rain yesterday, donna and Maye. It sounded so nice both my mom and Isaid we were going to replay it to cool off!

I have to go get the trash cans in; the truck has come and gone and I need those things in the back for diapers
        Have a safe and sane day!
        Whatever that takes!

Comment

Good morning.
          Today we pack suitcases, and I have a PT appointment. Tomorrow we fly.
          So our weather has been in the 90’s, but tomorrow begins to hit the 100’s while we are gone.
          Thank you for the good travel wishes.

Pie sounds good, Cookie.
          Beth, I hope the interview leads you to a job you enjoy.
          Maxie, Paula, and those who may follow, hope you have a nice day to look forward to, too.

Guess I’ll make a cuppa ☕️ and have breakfast.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a good trip Jo and E. Our weather has cooled with lower humidity so Michigan should be delightful.

Good Morning to all. Not so much for me, sick and tired of spending so much time on phones with Drs. and such...this one or the other wants to see you in 3 months, 6 months, this one wants blood, this one does also, this one wants CT scans every 3 months, this one wants a colonoscopy, this one wants and EKG, etc., etc., etc...I am taking control, compacting, refusing CT scan every 3 months, if one wants blood, then take what they all want at one time....and lets not forget every 6 weeks Remicade infusion...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I want my life back.. And it started today when a Dr. called and was upset I refuse to do CT scans every 3 months when I already told him what the problem is, I get aspirated pneumonia, I know when it happens what comes next...AND I have gained weight because being on warfarin limits my food list so drastically when it comes to greens and even blueberries.. Well aren't I just all sunshine and roses today? Rant over, hubby already heard it so I wanted to share it with all of you..

Well today I will actually make it to the store to get the needed supplies since that hasn't happened yet..Creamy chicken spaghetti on the menu for supper...

Have a great day one and all...I need to get off of here and get something accomplished...I really just want to go for a nice ride in the country with my top open and music playing.
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Rants are wonderful little stress relievers...add a few cuss words and you should feel like a new person. Plus the person you just ranted to will stay out of your way the rest of the day! BTW, I love the tee shirt you were wearing when you met your hubby...he knew what he was getting way back then!!

Oh, Sharon, how well I know the feeling. But you are right. When I see a couple of doctors within a couple of weeks, I do ask that only one asks for the blood tests. They are all spokes on the same wheel, so to speak, and they can all read the tests the others request. Saves the extra workloads within the Medical confines, plus saves you having to pay the high costs of the tests. I hope your doctors will try to work together.
          Try to have a good day. (((((Sharon)))))
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X