Good morning Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Monday!

Good morning all!..I am glad to be home but it was a wonderful weekend. So quiet and peaceful and we did an international tour of eating. Chinese, Mexican, Italian...hows did we common people live without franchised restaurants? Weather was very hot the first two days with Saturday hitting 100 but then the storms blew in. Funny how you never notice the heat when you are floating in the pool with a cool drink.

So back to normal. Laundry needs caught up and vacuum run. My shoulder is getting sorer and sorer and I have a MRI on Saturday scheduled. They did a CT Scan last week and still can find nothing. They did find a little something something that came up in the scan so I have a mammogram scheduled Wednesday. Seems like I run from one test to another with no results. None of this is in my head...or if it is why would you imagine pain and not good health and happiness?

Kohl's is having a towel sale and I have a coupon for 20% so need to run by there. School clothes are coming out so should start picking Andrew up a thing or two. Baseball season is over!!! Jon says they got to the field Friday night and the other team had forfeited. That means we won three games this season and all were forfeits. Does that count for a winning season? Not any any stretch my imagination!!!

Nothing new around here but the break in the heat this week. Read in the local paper last week that temps around this area were over 100 up to 113 in 1953. I ask my sister what year she was born and it was 54...can you imagine being pregnant in that type of heat when there was no air conditioning and no relief available? I do remember sleeping at the foot of my bed with the window fan on when we were little and I guess we lived. I think sometimes old is easier and quicker than learning all the new but I gotta say that a/c and central heat are my favorite things right up there with the microwave and air fryer and indoor plumbing!

Going to catch up on the last couple of days of posts. I have done a lot of driving the last couple of weeks and would like someone to chauffeur me...Jon is off today so I might offer lunch out if he drives me around and hauls in groceries. Enjoy the week and cooler weather...

good Monday and I am glad youa re getting cooler weather, Maxie! We are having a week in the 100's. 109 was one of the days I saw. And getting into the car after church yesterday was one of those times I sat with the window and doors open and running the air full blast to get out the hot air and cool off the car before I drove across town to home. I think it is all of 4 miles but I wanted it to be a cooler 4 miles than it was in the car when I went to get in. There were no shady spots in the parking lot by the time I got there.

I had the conference call again with my kids. I really love talking to all of them or listening to all of them. They told me last week that they are giving me a trip next summer for my Retirement gift! I just had to pick out the place. It was down to Florida or Hawaii and yesterday after going back and forth I Finally decided on Hawaii. So Spencer is making the reservations now for next July. I will be going to Florida sometime in the Fall and can get my brother to take me up to Panama city Beach where Pat lives and do an overnight or day trip. I love the photos she posts of the beaches there.

Maxie, your pool and sister time sounds like it was well worth the time and effort to get away. I am looking forward to next month for my college roommate reunion.

About that time of no a/c...my grandmother said it was when I was born that my grandfather said they needed to get a cooler. And indoor plumbing. I ahd no idea people still had outhouses in the 50's...but at that time their house was considered in the country. There are still homes around here that hace swamp coolers, but I am really thankful for central air. I set mine down a notch yesterday when I got home form church to 76...it usually is set at 77.

I better get going. Water to change and lights to turn on. I hope you all have a great day and stay cooler than us out here in the hot WEst.
    As soon as JoG gets up to MI, she will be getting some cooler temps, we hope.

Comment

Good morning.
      Yesterday was rainy almost all day, rain showers off and on. How we needed that!
      It’s still overcast today. It may or may not rain.

Much to do yet before we leave this week. I’ve been too tired to keep up with my good intentions, what with all the appointments of the last couple of weeks. But need to get on it today.

Paula, the temps in MI will be cooler, but experience says the humidity will make up for it. The weather app says there will be rainstorms after we get there. But nonetheless, seeing family will make up for it. Getting my haircut tomorrow morning, so it will be easier to care for despite any rain.

Indoor plumbing....E said his parents finally got it after he went in the army. Close to the time I was in high school. I graduated in 1960. His home was very, very rural.

Maxie, time with your sister sounds wonderful. Wish I had a sister. I have a younger brother, and looking back my folks pretty much pitted us against each other. If people asked me about my family, I’d tell them I had a brother who was an only child. He, on the other hand, said I was the Golden Girl he couldn’t measure up to. After both parents died we got together and had a good talk, and figured it all out. We are closer these days. We definitely care about each other. But there were a lot of wasted years. You will know when I’ve passed away and have found our parents, because the earth will reverberate with “What. Were. You. Thinking! ???”
      Oh well. We got through and past it.

Well, I’d better get stuff together and get busy today. One of the nieces we will see owns her own finance/investing business. She is writing a book to simplify this for women. When she finishes it and settles on a title, I will let you know about it. It shows women that they don’t need to have a man to support them, they can put their own finances to work for themselves and their retirement. (Obviously she has had bad experiences with an ex-husband and boyfriend, to the point of being stalked. She had to learn on her own what she could do for herself and strengthen her future means of income.)

But gotta go now.
      Have a great day. ☕️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey all! Another muggy summer day here. The humidity can make it feel a good 15 degrees warmer than it really is.

Yesterday was good. Cooked Corky's food for the week for work lunches. Becca picked up the pizzas on the way here. Pizza Hut FINALLY lets you pay for your order online. I must not have been the only one that complained about not being able to do that. Becca & I then went do to swim for an hour or so before getting ready to go play cards. My Aunt P still showed some signs of confusion, but for the most part, she was fine. We were going to leave after on game (takes about 1 1/2 hrs) but she was bringing the cards back out after we had our snacks. So we played until 10pm. Didn't get the whole second game done, but we had a good time.

This morning was the first day of VBS at our church. I was wondering how they were going to handle it since the huge support beam was suppose to be delivered at about the same time frame. We it was extremely organized and had a few dads out there directing traffic. Normally we have to go in with the kids, but today if you were pre-registered, you just dropped the kids off & kept driving thru. So I drove to town directly after that to grocery shop. The big bargain of the day was 10oz Red Raspberries for $.99. I picked up 30 bags for pies. It works out to $1.60/lb and I paid approx. $2.80/lb when I bought a 22lb box from the bakery supplier.

Got home, unloaded, took the dog out to do his thing,...which he didn't. He pulls too hard for me. Got the groceries put away and then started working on the two pies ordered....blueberry & choc meringue. Time to go pick up Blaise. Karate starts back up tonight. This we'll swim this afternoon after my customer picks up their pie.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Maxie I hope soon they can find why you are having so much pain, sooner rather than later...I need to shop for towels also and I have a gift card from Christmas for Kohl's...I am with you on all the modern conveniences, I also grew up without many things others had...never had a color tv the whole time I lived at home, and I left in 71...I remember getting a bathroom in the house in 1960...and sleeping at the foot of the bed with a window fan...

Paula, conference call sounds heavenly, would never be able to get my kids all together at the same time to accomplish that...I use to skype a lot with the grandgirls but even they stay to busy now...sad.. I can absolutely say without any hesitation, I loved Hawaii...and your thought on visiting Pat, I was looking last night at the place she works and the cost for renting ocean side for a week...would love to meet her...

Donna, I could never do what you do anymore, the older I get the slower I go and I am truly okay with that now...having a young one in the home keeps a person younger also, LOL..

JoG, hope all your visiting goes well and you stay healthy...healthy body and mind...
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved Hawaii a couple of years ago! Spencer belongs to a Marriott Vacation plan and the Ko Olina Beach resort was wonderful!
        Working...
        X