Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...July 15

Good morning.

Sharon, after picking myself up off the floor from laughing so hard at what you said about the 2 black eyes, and the bra, I'll try to post a bit before Church.

The contractor finished yesterday and it looks so nice. The light grey walls with a grey wood grain flooring really sets things off. I went and got the oil rubbed bronze light fixtures to go with the hardware on the vanity and faucets in the 1/2 bath. The pictures for the laundry room that E got for my birthday even goes well with the light fixture.

Really happy with their work. He has done the most of my remodeling of the house.

Have to pick E up for church then check out her car over at her daughter's house. She went over to help with V's mother last night, then it wouldn't start when she got ready to come home. I have a lot to say about her son and son-in-law, but I will keep my thoughts to myself.

BTW Sharon, it appears that V's mother is starting to get her vocal cords to working again. At least I hope it isn't a fluke that she was able to say uh hu to her grandma last week.

Well it's time I bit you all a good day. JoG, you and E have a good vacation in Mi.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-15-2018, 08:42 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

good morning! I went swimming this morning, early, and now that the pump is running in the pool it looks so inviting but I have already showered and done my hair...so, I will wait till evening. I went in last evening and that was nice, too. I don't usually swim by myself, but if I want to use the pool this summer I better get in. Becky won't be back for almost a month. She texted me yesterday that the summer kin MD is not going anything like she thought it would. I texted back: that is what makes it a sacrifice...if you are doing it for your family and not just for yourself....Spencer is way busier with training new hires and not working at home right now. Oh, well...it's what makes up life, right?

Church and then taking flowers to the cemetery. I bought some things at my favorite shop, House of Design, yesterday. They have great artificial flowers and plants. I bought some succulents. The flowers for the cemetery are real, though. I was given a bouquet of mums and want to take it over there. And I need to clean up the rose bushes on Gary and Stephanie's graves.

Yesterday's errands went well. I got all done in the morning and did not spend too much at the grocery store. Just went by my list.
    My biggest errand was getting a box ready to ship and trying to tape it up and address it in the car. I had totally forgotten o print the address at home and so I was wrestling with the packing tape and trying to write a note and the address while sitting in my seat belt so the bell wouldn't keep dinging at me. It was only 9:30 but it was too hot to sit in the car without the air on...But I got it done and the box is off to NC.
    Walked in my door and there was a box to return to QVC. So, next Saturday will be another trip to the PO.

I hope your day is restful and happy! I enjoy all your posts and apologize that I don't mention you all by name more often. Your examples strengthen me and your posts are like visiting around the kitchen table. Probably why I just like to sit and chat so long
    Until further notice: it is Hot here and staying that way. Hope you all get some relief from the heat.

Comment

Good Afternoon! Another hot sunny summer day!

Yesterday was good. Food prep went smoothly and even though there was only 3 of us, we got out of there at the usual time. It helped that I had peeled the 8 doz hard boiled eggs. Came home & was whipped. I finally got some energy & started the laundry. We had to take Blaise down to Kathy's before heading for my brother's. There were 7 of us that went out to celebrate my Mom & brother Ray's birthdays. Came back to Tom's and had cake & ice cream.

This morning went to church & SS. Stopped at the local farm stand on the way home & bumped into a classmate of mine. We had a nice long chat. Got some veggies & headed home. Come home to several phn msgs from my Aunt P about cards tonight. It's now all settled. I don't think she was remembering that it was Sunday and that I'd be gone all morning. Oh well. My Mom, Becca, & I are going to her new little temp apt and play cards. Need to make Cork food for his lunches for the week. I'm ordering pizza for our dinner & going to take a veggie plate too. Becca is coming down with Oliver and staying the night. She has a concert she's going to tomorrow & leaving the dog here for the day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.
        A lazy raining morning here. The showers have stopped for now. Quite overcast, so a dreary looking day. But nice. We certainly need the rain.

Yesterday we met the local nephew & niece for dinner and Gaslight theater. We expected an insidious play, but the directors really redid the script, adding other actors. Even the Olio portion of the show was outstanding. Some new actors, very good ones. And the best of the old ones. The one who normally grates on our nerves really toned down his behavior, maybe he’s a late bloomer for adulthood. Or, he has discovered 2 new actors are getting more attention from the young female audience ladies. One of the two displayed a new talent. In a dancing segment he rather looked like a sail in the wind, doing an impossible but graceful move..... like a worm standing on end, wriggling across the stage, in time to the music. Really amazing to see....he probably has absolutely no body fat in his frame....he is the short little guy who amazes me at each new show with something new. His singing voice is incredible. And he is a terrific comic.

Nothing solid in today’s schedule, just do what needs doing.

Hugs to all.
        Thinking of Elaine and John.
        🌺🤗🌺
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X