Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday July 14th....the month is half over!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday July 14th....the month is half over!

Good SUNNY Morning! I wished I could stock up on sunshine.

Yesterday was good. Got the ladylocks done in record time. Hit up a few garage sales. Blaise & I spent a couple hours in the pool....nice! Didn't cook, just heated leftovers. Found out that one of my helpers today probably won't be there, so it's down to 3 of use prepping. So I peeled 8 doz hard boiled eggs last night so that we wouldn't have to do that part.

This morning we were up early. I needed to gather all that I need to take with me to the church. I take some of my own tools. Churches rarely have sharp knives. May stop and have a quick visit with my Aunt P in her temp apt in assisted living. Later this afternoon we are taking my brother Ray & my Mom out for their birthdays. Ray's was earlier in the week & today is Mom's actual BD. Will go back to my other brother's house for cake & ice cream afterwards. I think only one of the grandkids will be there.

Kathy is getting Blaise sometime today. Heaven forbid she make life easy for everyone by coming out to the church and getting him while I'm down there.

Have a good one all!

good morning ...

to Sharon,, I am "almost " recovered from the week of company,,had a lot of napping to catch up on.. .. Love seeing family .. but this getting old crap is really crap... I hate this Tired feeling.....but can't slow down the calendar... I did get all the bedding put back in closet and drawers this week.. moving slow..

Had a great day yesterday.. Son mark, and his wife Vickie are baby-sitting my Great -grand daughter Elsie.( 8 months). they came to the house.. guys were trimming all the shrubbery.. while we ladies entertained the baby.. Vickie has really bad hips joints and knee joints. but between us we kept Elsie cornered and entertained in the living room and kitchen.....they stayed for lunch . was great fun to talk to another woman for couple hours.. and play with our little one.. she made up to us finally.. sharing kisses and hugs.. a baby hug is a treasure !!!

sorry I have been missing , went back and read a lot of the earlier days post.. to know your all still ok...

today will probably have a "trip" somewhere ..D. has to be on the road to somewhere almost every day.. ( and I do all the driving ).

have a great day .. see you later.

Comment

Good Morning....they are predicting some major hot weather again so my plan will be to go rent some movies and be content inside, I do not do heat very well at all...case in point, yesterday.

Hubby wanted to take the boat out, I agreed, BUT it was 90 degrees and full sun...we packed a cooler, water, fruit and sandwiches...off we went, drive an hour away. We put boat in water, I drive the trailer up and park it...now the fun begins....we didn't have the top with us so it was full sun all the way, had on my 50spf sunscreen...as long as we are moving and there is a breeze I am great....so we slow down, eat our sandwich and continue on...well the bouncing in the water after eating plus the sun was not a good combination for me...so as not to ruin things for hubby I kept quiet...I think he was trying to shake the *hit out of me or give me two black eyes my bra was not strong enough to keep it all together...know what I mean...shirt flew up, and things just happened... LOL After a little while I was just to 'green around the gills' I guess, hubby looks at me and says, "You alright", I respond, "not at all". So we left, but while getting the boat out of the water and such I just about passed out from the heat...took me about a half hour in the truck with the AC on to get my wits about me again...all in all a good day, but I just can't take the sun and heat, it literally makes me ill...

So today with high temps predicted, I think I am in the mood for hot dogs on the grill and staying inside with cool air...thankfully I have a lot of windows and lots of light coming in...

We did sell one of our lawnmowers yesterday, since hubby got a new one last week needed to get rid of another one...

Aunt Maye, good to see you....cookie funny about Blaise, you think he would love having others around...I guess he wants someone to call his own..just for him.

Now on to breakfast to start my day.
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
        Hi cookie & Maye.

We get to relax a bit today. I need this! The last couple of weeks we’ve had things scheduled, mostly medical. Yesterday the oral surgeon was at the dental office, and checked my mouth. He found the cause of my gum problems and took care of it....I have 3 more stitches after that work. So my mouth is still pretty sensitive.
        Hope I have not sounded too whiny this pas week with the Medical or dental stuff that went awry.

I did get my mani-pedi. My hands and feet look nice. It took the girl 2 hours, but she did a good job.
        Then E took me out to dinner. About the only thing I order is an omelet, until my mouth heals. I have yet to be able to use that new partial plate.

Well, now we can concentrate on that trip.... what to pack and stuff.

Have a great day, everyone. ☺️

Hi Sharon. You posted while I was typing. Sounds like quite a day.
        I think sun/heat affects those of us who are on serious meds a lot quicker than it does others.
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-14-2018, 08:00 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good warm morning here! Totally sunny and for the next week our temps will be in the 100's. It doesn't cool down at night and when I went out at 5:30 it was already in the upper 70's. So no open windows for long. I do open them just long enough to get some fresh air.
          I went back to bed because I could and now I am telling myself to relax and not stress over the time.

I have two packages tot ake to the POst Office that is open for only 3 hours on Saturdays. but I have to go to the bank first and buy a few things at the store the bank is in acking tape for my lpackage for one thing!

I put my swim suit on the bathroom door where I will see it and use it. I want to swim before it gets too hot out. I know exactly what you mean about being out in full sun on the water, Sharon. I swim (relatively speaking) with my sunglasses on and wearing a visor. At least when I am in the pool in that full sun time.

My mother texted she needs honey from the Farmer's Market so I need to keep some money out from the bank. I don't carry much cash and when two parents pay in cash I really need to get it into the bank. Too much to carry around and risk losing or (more likely) Spending! It is more often a check that I put somewhere and then go into panic mode thinking I lost it. Some parents will come in and just kput their check down on the counter and not say anything...
          then when I see it I am usually in daycare mindset and if I don't go right then to my jpurse (in the other part of the house) wo knows what I do in that moment with the check? Yesterday's panic had me looking in all parts of my pockets and ppurse and then the table and finally the frig where I had used a magnet to hold the check. It was late and I was just not in the right mind to remember, but happy I was at least responsible.
          Yester day I was so ready to retire! Age differences in the kids made for a hard day. I am ready for school to start and the older ones to go back

Ok, enough chit chat from me. I hope you enjoy the day.
          Donna, hope your dinner will go as well as planned and I amsure it will.
          So good to read your post, Maye!
          Jo, your positive attitude and E's is just a great way to start out my day! Have a good trip!
          Sharon, I would love to share in your adventures: boating, grilling and shopping! That Amish furniture you buy sounds so nice.
          Hope all is well withour travelers and especially with Elaine and John.

Comment

Paula, thank you for the nice comment. It adds a lift to my day. Guess I’m just a bit over-tired lately.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X