A beautiful Friday Morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A beautiful Friday Morning

Good Morning....I love it when I can start the day with windows open and watch the birds and squirrels enjoy their breakfast...I have found out that blue jays are pretty aggressive...this is actually my first year of feeding birds and squirrels..lots of bird seed (non with thistle) and peanuts.

Don't have any specific plans for the day, but do know that the 'corn cob' is gone, LOL...know what I mean?

I do know that a large cheese tortelinni salad I saw on the internet I am making for dinner along with grilled chicken, which means a trip to the store also in need of milk...

Hope everyone is doing well...safe travels JoG...hope Maye and hubby are surviving the company..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

We have clouds in the sky but no rain predicted for us and warnings for dry lightening (the kind that comes without rain and starts fires in the mountains) so the news is posting high alerts and so is my car everytime I turn it on.
    I have water going out back and out front and getting the day started.

Sharon, we have so many blue jays. They keep some of the other birds away. We also have at least one squirrel (not sure they come in singles!) who sits up on a wire out back and scolds us or the dogs. I thought it was a jay fussing at us until I finally saw him in the open one time.
    Our other house is only about a mile away as the crow flies and we heard lots of song birds. The meadowlark was our favorite. None around here.

Two less kids today and for a few days next week. Mom's scheduled changed enough that she won't need me...which is fine. I wont be charging her for the school girl but the little brother will still be charged. And the mom understands that.

I made a blanket for a dog rescue last night. I saw the dog's picture on Facebook and knew I had fleece and a box to ship it in! I decided to try making it in the daycare. The table there worked perfectly. It is a large rectangle and much better for tying one side at a time. I had been doing them on my oval table and that wasn't as easy. Especially, since I have been making them for big dogs and it takes 2 yards of fleece.

I don't have anything special planned for the weekend. Shredding papers and clearing out the credenza in the office and bookshelves. I want to take the hardbacks to the library book sale and the other thigns I have for the shelter yard sale.

Seeing people's beach vacations is telling me where I want to go! So since I am not going to the beach I will take some time in the pool...It's not as much fun by myself.

happy day to all!

Comment

Good morning.
      It is heavily overcast here. The forecast is thunderstorms. We will see.
      This morning I have a dental appointment followup. I hope they come up with something to heal my gums. I’m still getting discomfort with the situation.
      This afternoon an appointment for a mani-pedi...time for myself, a bit of pampering.

Sharon, my travels will be next week. E finally got everyone’s schedule sorted out, so we can see maximum family while there.
      This weekend we will get our packing together.
      It has been a wildly busy week for us, mostly my appointments. (I did get my blood infusion yesterday. Got there quite early and didn’t finish til almost noon....then had to go for PT). So I’m hoping we can get some extra rest over the weekend as well.

Next week I can send this heart monitor back to the doctor. It has become a nuisance. Many womens’ clothes do not have pockets, but the phone-like part has to be in the same room. It’s protective case is heavy, and though it can clip on to a waistband, it drags the pant down. Mostly I done keep it in the case any more. At home it is on a nearby surface in whatever room I am in. Otherwise it’s in my purse with my cell phone if we are out and about.i have not recorded much on it, and what I have recorded is insignificant.

Last night E picked up a preroasted chicken, lemon pepper seasoned. I had precooked some potatoes, so I diced some and put a no-cal bacon ranch dressing on it, and called it potato salad. He loved it. I skipped the potatoes because I could detect a lot of garlic, which my stomach does not tolerate.

And that’s it. After my mani-pedi, we will be going out to dinner. Cannot argue with that.

Have a good day, everyone. 💐 🤗 💐
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...Headed out the door in a bit...need groceries and today is really the only day I have time to do that....I have a full week next week...and very quiet weekend this weekend which I am looking forward too!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a free weekend too!

I should name my post “The Adventures of JoGee” (or Misadventures?)
        Sometimes it seems nothing goes “normally”..... and I call all kinds of errors “Adventures”.

So I get to the dental office..... they don’t understand why I’m doing all the right things after dental surgery, and my gums are getting inflamed (infection), and they found a hematoma (blood blister). The surgeon just happened to be there, so he cleaned all that up and put in a few stitches. I guess he removed the blood clot that had formed. I will see them again in August. Right now my mouth is so numb and full of gauze. I hope it clears up before my m-p appointment this afternoon.
        After my mouth heals, I can try on my new partial and dentures.
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-13-2018, 02:21 PM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Afternoon all! It's been a gorgeous day here as was yesterday. Love it!

Yesterday I accomplished more than I expected. Once I got my rear in gear, I cleaned out the refrigerator part of both refrigerators. That's a miracle! I need to get them ready for the pie season that might start the end of next week. I need room for pies & fillings. My SIL came to swim, but before I could do that, I need to mix up the ladylock dough. Got that all done & started the dishwasher before heading down to the pool. The water is so nice. Once I got the guys to bed, I mixed up a quad. batch of LL filling.

Paula ask yesterday about what time the guys get to bed. Cork is usually in there by 7:30 or 8pm. Blaise is usually 8:30 to 9pm. Now, I usually end up taking a cat nap while I "watch" a movie with Blaise before bed. That's how I end up staying up to midnight. I don't usually fall right to sleep either.

This morning my feet hit the floor running. Swimming really monkeys up my hair, so I had to wash & dry that before us heading to the doctor's office to deliver cookies that I was suppose to bring on Wednesday. Got home, ate, and Sue arrived. We made 20 doz ladylocks. We were done in 2 1/2 hrs. That was fast. Since we had extra time, we hit up a few garage sales. I didn't find much today. Came home and got the carrot cakes iced and pies cut. Took one cake & 5 pies to the restaurant down the road. Came home and we then went swimming for a couple of hours. Blaise loves to just have time with me. He doesn't like it when other people come and he has to share his time. Too bad! The water was perfect. No plans for this evening except to get all my kitchen tools gathered for tomorrow morning's cooking at the church. I may get inspired to peel the 7 doz hard boiled eggs. Will save us time tomorrow. 5 doz will be made into deviled eggs and the rest will be used for the mac salad.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
          X