Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed. June 20

good Morning

ah,,,only 2 more days OF LONG days.. then they slowly get shorter and shorter. sigh... I do love summer, and green trees etc etc.

waiting on a Garage company to show up and repair the Garage door opener wiring.. Hopefully be here early today. .. would like to visit with Donna.

I will be back to read.. post LOTS>

Good Morning! It's a wet & dreary one here today. We need the bit of rain though.

​Yesterday was good. Spent the morning mixing then the afternoon baking & icing. Blaise was picked up at noontime and spent the night at a friend's. Didn't cook dinner. We just picked at leftovers.

​Funny story...or at least we laughed about it....I told Cork there was a box delivered for him yesterday. He opened it excitedly! It was my new rolling cart that I'll use to bring stuff from the pantry out to the kitchen. He caught on quick. It was for him TO ASSEMBLE! He said, "Wait till I tell the guys at work!" He laughed...and assembled it!

​This morning I plan to go deliver the doctor's office pie and pick up some marshmallows and rice krispies. There was a recipe posted on FB yesterday was a RK cheesecake. One of my customers immediately ask if I'd make her one, so that's what I'll be doing once I get home. I'll also be baking off the rest of the cookie dough. Sue will be coming at some point to pick up her sugar cookies & pie. She's going to visit her sisters & their kids, and they all wait for the sugar cookies to arrive. Sometime this afternoon I'll be picking up Blaise. Then the rat race begins...karate & swim. Only another week & a half of this craziness.

Have a good one all & stay cool!

Comment

Good Morning, so nice to be able to open the windows for a little while..
      Back from our camping, was a lot of fun, first time I ever got to shop there, went to all the stores, even found some Christmas gifts to purchase...was so much fun having my cousin with me. She lived in IN and I in KY but each time they came to visit our Grandparents she and I were always together, and when I first came to Ohio she was with me then she wanted to plant herself here with me but her Mom was dying of cancer at the time and she wanted her there in IN and get married...

We stayed busy the whole time we were there, she left on Sunday and we came home Monday evening. spent yesterday doing laundry and trying to catch up...

I read Elaine's post, am so very sorry for all that she and John are going through...and there are no children to help in any of this...hopefully she can hire someone to help her. My thoughts and prayers are with them both.

Allergies are really bad for me right now, my eyes are so cloudy and itchy, drops and meds are just not helping, but you know, this too shall pass.

I need to read and catch up on what everyone has been doing, and also need to catch up on some bill pay and other things here..to be honest, just not in the mood to be posting or talking much right now, no reason for it, just want to enjoy life...

Take care one and all..catch ya later..I think when I get caught up and rested I will be more myself again, LOL
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Much cooler today and that is a relief...of course the porch was not stained and now that is another set back with everything wet. I swear my son has a mental block about finishing that darn porch. I am getting to the point that I no longer care. Just not going to care about much of anything around here then you are not disappointed.

Today is Sierra's first consoling session and she and her dad just left. This will also be going nowhere....perhaps I am the one in need of consoling. She is happy as can be by being back with this loser jerk and he is leading her around. And this is why I do not care about the porch or grass or food. There is no oomph in my step so I just sit and only do the necessary.

Left the house yesterday with the sun shining and 97*...arrived at the ball field with dark skies, in the wind and 73*...a 15 minute trip. It poured and the game cancelled. We gathered up our lawn chairs and drove home in rain with no visibility. It beat my two little tomato plants to their sides. I love those plants...they just keep on growing in the heat and are so pretty and happy. No blooms yet but they sure have loved the heat.

Today I think we are shopping for supplies for the weekend at my sisters. This is our reunion weekend with most people being there on Sunday. We are leaving Friday morning and Jon will come home Sunday evening but Sierra is bringing my car up Sunday and I will stay until Wednesday and she will go home with her dad. She is insisting on bringing that loser and I ask her not to ruin my day but she is insistent. She actually thinks people want to meet him. Never mind what I ask.

Temps are going to be drastically cooler with more rain predicted. I really hate to see the heat wave break before our weekend but that will not keep the kids or guys from toughing out the cool in the pool and who knows what the weekend will bring. Guess I'll shower and start laundry. Sameo sameo around here....

Comment

Good morning. it is a bit later than I normally like to get here but not too much to say, either.

Today is garbage day and lawn day, so lots of noise. That and daycare makes for needing earbuds! I have been weaning the kids off tv; they don't really watch it and the ones who I thought wanted to watch something are not , so I am not even turning it on. That is the great thing about summer and a different schedule.

I am glad you had such a good time, Sharon!
          Everyone have a good day and I will check back later to see what all is going on.

Comment

Good morning,
            Today will be 104°, very sunny, and climbing higher this week. 🌵. Not a time for us to be out much.

E mailed off the last 2 birthday cards for this month. In the next 2 months are birthdays of a GD and her two girls. I do not ever get a simple acknowledgement from her, nor a thank you in any form, or any communication in between. We didn’t even get a Christmas card from her for the last couple of years. I told E I’m tired of being so totally ignored, and any cards to her or her family are stopped. Of course I feel a touch of guilt feeling this so strongly, but I’m also tired of her rudeness. I’m not sure E totally approves of this, but he sees where I’m coming from.

Went to the gym yesterday. I’m surprised how weak my muscles have gotten. I used the only leg press (slowly, carefully) and rode a stationary bike. Minimal weights. The guy in charge who oversees things wasn’t there. E gave me a hand when I needed it. I was done in 15 or maybe 20 minutes. I won’t overtax myself, but did actually break a sweat. I wish he’d find another gym, but this one is cheap, my portion is free, and it’s close to home. I shouldn’t complain. I can’t use the treadmill due to my feet problem. I can’t deal with the ropes and pulleys. They removed all “resting” chairs. It looks like they might be remodeling again, as nobody seems to be using the open area. But it may be for special use in military type training.

So today E promised to lug out the bags of laundry to wash. Looks like it’s 4 loads worth. I also want to get the bedding washed.

Oh, yesterday I got a call responding to my comments about our PCP clinic. They don’t seem to have actual doctors, only male and female NPs. I had described what I thought of the clinic, as you don’t get to see the same medical professional more than a few times. This last one just asked questions, wrote things down, and dismissed us.....did no more than be a scribe. E had questions that were never answered. Fortunately my doctors at the Cancer center caught things that were outside their specialty, and literally saved my life. We told the caller we would be looking for another clinic. She recommended South Campus....no, there are only 3rd year residents operating there, not actual doctors. North Hills? Way too far out. E had noticed another clinic, still in the hospital chain, that might be our answer, and we will check it out.
            Anyway, our comment sheets were not ignored. Maybe they’ll eventually improve the nearest clinic, or maybe somebody will sue them for insufficient care/treatment before anything gets changed there. Today you just about have to take your health in your own hands.

Well, the a/c kicked on before 7 this morning. I have it se to 79°, for E’’s sake. I’’d nick it up a few more degrees for my comfort. I get chilled easily. E would set it a few degrees lower for himself. I keep a small blanket at my chair for warming my feet & leg when the cold air kicks on.

Well, there’’s naught interesting going on here today. Salad and leftovers (into a soup) for lunch today. Heaven knows what I’’ll come up with for dinner. For what it’s worth, I’’m making another load of ice for the freezer, as the sizzling weather is a couple days ahead.

Hope you all have a lovely day. 🤗

Paula, tape some PBS shows on animal life, and such. When the kids insist on TV, they can learn about things on our planet. Just a thought.
            Last edited by JoGee; 06-20-2018, 09:54 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Great thought!
          Working...
          X