A hot Monday morning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hot Monday morning...

This is suppose to be the last day of our excessive heat warning. These are issued in the midwest when heat indexes rise above 105 as ours have since Friday. It is pretty hot around here.

I am so glad Elaine has told us of what has happened in her life. Some of us are not connected enough to hear what is going on. She and John have all my prayers and anything else I can possibly do to support them.

Yesterday was so hot Jon and Andrew spent the day in the pool...they got out to eat and then went back and spent the evening in there. Andrew has a game tonight if it is not cancelled but it is a late game so maybe it will have cooled a bit.

Hope all of you dealing with this heat are staying cool.

That is high heat when you aren’t used to
    It. Stay cool! Watch Dr Zhivago or something in winter!

It actually cooled down over the weekend but going back up. I am so thankful for air and a pool.

What games am I cheering for? My mom says she will watch and cheer, too!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Cardinals are playing the Phillies tonight but Andrew's baseball game was at 8:00...the other team could not field a team so it was just cancelled. If they forfeited it will be out first win of the season and we will take a win any way we can!

A quick hello!
    We. Did get our donuts yesterday. yum!

Hitting 99° today. Tomorrow we will be back in the 100's. 🌵

In a few minutes we are off to see my heart doc. Wasted trip. I didn't have a problem at the last visit. If he slips in another appointment after this, I will cancel it!

Hope you all have a great day. 🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Guess what! I saw the heart doctor today. My heart is fine. But “for the heck of it”, I end up wearing a new heart monitor for a month. Mostly he wants to see just how it does, as it is new, only out for 3 weeks. I have the monitor taped to my chest, and carry a Samsung (looks like a smart phone) that’s is set up to record whatever I feel.
      I do tire easily, have unexpected palpitations if I exert myself or breathe deeply. But I can log what I’m doing when I feel those things. He will decide if I have a potential heart problem........which we both doubt. Just before our trip, I mail the whole kaboodle back to them. No difficulty for me. Just have to keep my Samsun “phone” near me.

One glitch in my appointment....last time I saw him was in the main hospital. [Frustrating! Why don’t they notify you when they have moved? Luckily it is just minutes down the road.] When we got there, we were told he moved to the North Campus. That’s where our Cancer Center is. There is a new building right next to the Cancer Center, and that’s where he is now located.

At 2 pm we stopped for lunch. We tried Beyond Bread, ordered BLTs. Toasted, it was hard to chew, the crust was impossible! E had gotten a couple of extra loaves with the sandwiches......we hope it wasn’t a mistake. (He had a coupon.). We will see.

Coming home, the car registered the outside heat at 102°. I told him we had 110° coming up in a couple of days, so let’s not plan on going anywhere.

Tomorrow we are going to the gym and getting much needed exercise.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good Monday evening .. a Hot 90 something day.. but high humidity ..A/C running . good news part.... The blue jeans dried outside!... plus a few other things.. so two loads in the washer and only one in the dryer...
        We may a trip to Walmart.. picked up some additional stuff in preparation for the coming company..

had such a great FAthers day for DAvid.. son Mark had Cook out Breakfast. Left D. with them while I went on to church to play piano for service.
        later son Bruce stop in with gift and card and just to talk... Karen called us to come over for later supper, ( grilled kabobs? ).. just their five and D and I.. a quiet evening .. just the kind of day David loved..

JoG. I get this Breathless feeling climbing stairs .. will NOT mention to pcp... she is a person who loves Tests, and more Tests.. she listens to heart every appt.. and all is fine.. she has me getting Lab work.. and now I take extra Potassium, Vit D pills. B-12 pill. plus a 2 kind of B.Pressure pills and a Water pill.. none of those keep my knees from hurting . ...

see you all tomorrow.. love this time of year. longggggggg. days and everything is Green..

Comment

Janet, I don’t do stairs any more. I avoid talking about breathlessness all the time. One DD lives on the 3rd floor, stairs only. When we are in town, she comes to see us!
          I don’t mind testing the heart monitor for the doc, but after a month when they read the results, I can be pretty vague about the whys and wherefores of the results. I don’t want medications or treatments I don’t really need.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X