It is Father's Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is Father's Day...

Even though most of us members are mothers Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. No big plans for us today. Andrew will be here later and the guys plan to swim. To darn hot to bbq so we are having taco salad. Saw a cartoon that ask why on Mother's Day restaurants are full but on Father's Day dad is expected to grill...well, if he does not grill that means I have to cook.....bummer! Still under an excessive heat warning so the a/c is running and running and running and thank goodness it is running! Nothing new around here. Enjoy the day and stay cool!

Happy Day to Fathers and everyone else.
    No big plans today. Going out for donut breakfast, and I hear him stirring now. I have yet to get dressed.

The rain finally stopped in the wee hours. Not sure yet how much we had gotten.
    Should be only 90- ish out today. We will see hotter weather in a few more days.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the heart doctor. I really don’t need that guy, I don’t have any major problem, but I don’t seem to have a choice.

Here comes my man.... guess I’d better get ready for today.

Have a beautiful day!🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell E Happy Father's Day and doughnuts were always the treat of choice at our house, too!

It rained last evening!!! And cooled off. Right now it is 69* in the house and 65* outside. With a breeze so very nice.

I posted pictures of my two sons and my husband for Father's Day on Facebook. It seems texting and Facebook have replaced Hallmark in our family. I was upset at Mother's day that my sons texted me, but oh, well...they did that much.
    Gary's pictures always get a lot of Likes and comments since so many knew him either as family or in the community as a teacher. The picture I posted is one of my favorites: him holding up a cupcake like in a toast. He was a What's for dessert guy! I have that picture in a frame on the armoire and it always makes me smile.

Becky is bbqing chicken with a new rub recipe she is trying. And I just want a nice salad with it. So many cookies baked and sampled last week that I am tired of sugar for awhile. And definitely surprised at what some think is ok to give out...

The singing at the Senior home yesterday went so well. I should have started with that! Three women brought their children and the kids sang with us and went among the residents and gave out hugs and talked to them and it was just so darling. I couldn't pay too much attention to the beginning or I would not have been able to sing, and I was singing the first part of God Bless America as a solo. It does not take much to get my eyes going, especially with cute little kids going over to grandmas and hugging them. On the way out there was a woman coming in riding in her motorized cart. One of the little girls (3?) asked her for a ride! she stopped and got her on her lap and gave her a ride!!!
    We always take a group of teens over at Christmas to sing carols and this last year we had the kids stand among and sit next to the residents so they could sing with us. It wsa the best experience for our youth so far. Becky and I had been saying it is a shame that they et so many groups at the holidays and then not much for the rest of the year. So, this was a great time to sing patriotic songs and some fun ones we thought most would know (You are my Sunshine, Catch a Falling Star). The ones in our group youger than me knew Catch a Fallin gStar form The Princess Diaries! I thought that was funny.
    We plan on going back at the end of summer and will add Take me out to eh ballgame and some other songs.
    Any ideas from Doris Day movies (Que Sera, How much is that doggie) or any other songs you think it would be fun and ones they would remember would be great. I will be asking again, for sure.

I hope all the Fathers here and in your lives have a great day! I grew up with a wonderful dad who always said, Where there's a will, there's a way...I grew up thinking I could do anything I put my mind to. And then married a man who was so grateful to be a dad. He told me he thought he might never get married and have children...And now I get to watch two sons raising their families...love how life keeps going on!

Take care and enjoy the day! Church is a great place to find renewal and rest from the stress of Every day!

Comment

Working...
    X