Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 6/16 * GOOD MORNING!

Where is everyone this morning?

We are having rain! Yay! Yesterday was overcast....still is. It began lightly at 5 pm yesterday and just kept on through the night. I heard some soft thunder this morning. The rain should continue through the day.

Yesterday was good, despite the dental appt. When we got to the mall afterwards, we could only get tickets for the movie for after 3:30. So we went home and had lunch. Then back to the mall for the movie. I enjoy some of the animated movies, and so that’s what we saw. The new Incredibles movie. There was certainly a message in it about woman-power. It had its funny parts and of course the impossible parts as well. The movie was preceded by a wordless cartoon, very touching, funny parts, and a nice ending.
    Afterwards we went to dinner. Not sure about the service there. One employee saw us to a booth, another took our order, a third served us, a fourth brought our dessert, a fifth checked how we were doing when she passed us about 4 times. I forgot which one dropped off our check. E never did get his margarita. We sat waiting for someone to take our check and payment. Finally we took the bill to the front desk. That was a no-no. Still another girl took the credit card and bill somewhere else. It took her a while to come back. I think we have more bad service at the Longhorn than good service. Then we went home
    During the course of the day, E also bought me a box of my favorite See’s candy, and slipped 3 more birthday cards to me. I got cards and emails from my kids. My oldest DD made two bracelets for me (perfect fit for my very thin wrists), one bracelet has beads that absorb scented oils. Really nice job making those!

Today, no plans. I’ll just enjoy the rain and hope that it lasts all day as predicted. Might have a load of laundry to do. Plus I need to order a new iPad cover, because this one got damaged when I dropped it, and a piece of it catches on my clothes.

Hope you all have a great day. 🤗
    Last edited by JoGee; 06-16-2018, 09:38 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Morning Jo and all to follow. We are under an excessive heat warning this weekend so saying in and cool. Have a great day all..

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      What's wrong....you are too quiet. LOL!

I'm here, I'm here. Just haven't posting yet; mainly because of not much to say and I'm just getting so I can move. Anyway, good morning everyone, many happy returns of the day to you.

Comment

Good morning...I must learn to be more careful...2nd fall in two weeks...fell on the steps in the night...my low back hurts is all..I will be fine...quiet day staying in out of the heat with a good book...I have a crazy crazy busy week...I am volunteering at a deaf camp 2 or 3 days and my one regular day at the adult day program..

Please pray for my mom...granny is being a bit difficult and I was trying to think of ways to help my mom...and granny....I told mom that I pray each day that as she ages to the place she needs our help that is way more mellow and way less stubborn than my granny. Mom thought that was funny...I told her I would do everthing I could to keep her out of nursing home or assisted living but I am not against putting her in an adult day care program for a couple days a week...especially if she is difficult. Granny had agreed to move closer to my mother to another assisted living like 3 minutes from my parents...she was put on the waiting and now that the place will be ready in about a month she is telling everyone but mom that she doesn't want to move...she is afraid that she would get there and settled and my parents would leave her. I am being a good granddaughter and checking with granny about every 2 weeks but I am at the same time biting my tongue...She needs to be better to my mother...but its not my place to tell her that and she would just say she wasn't like that and get her feelings hurt and that would make it harder for my mother to deal with.

Comment

Good Morning Rounders. I'm the only one up so no idea what is going on here. I am guessing that Candie isn't working today but since she can pretty much set her own hours she maybe going in this evening. She prefers the office when others aren't there so she can concentrate on her work.

Hello ARM good to see you here.

Comment

Well, I have been up and in the pool and now ready for the rest of the day.
          We have a church visit to the assisted living center that we visit in December this morning. It will be to sing patriotic and other songs and have the residents sing along. At least that is the plan. It could end up being a solo with me desperately trying to et people to join in. Becky was one of the organizers and this could end up being a learning experience.

Also need to go to the post office to mail cookies to servicemen and some really cute embroidered kitchen towels to my brother and sister in law for their new travel trailer. Who knew you could find towels with an airstream embroidered on them?! One is of a cute pop up trailer because that is what they used to have and another says Camper Sweet Camper with an airstream in black thread. Etsy probably has about everything. They are each form a different seller and all about the same price, however, there is one that was so much better quality towel that I will shop from her again. One used the cheapest muslin ever and didn't even really press it out. I ironed it and refolded for the presentation. anyway, in my SIL's family they have a tradition of giving embroidered kitchen towels when someone gets married. At Beth's shower, our family's towels were the only ones that were hand embroidered. And themed around personal interests. She said all her relatives were pretty impressed with Bruce's family. country folk won that one!

After all the baking I am looking forward to an easy weekend. No baking and no big cooking project.

I hope all is well with you and that your day goes well! Even Great!

Comment

Good Morning! I was waiting for someone else to start this. I've popped in a couple of times btw errands & chores.

​Yesterday was good. Got 11 out of 12 of the pies baked yesterday and then made the lemon meringue pie early this morning. Then the rat race began....took Blaise for a swimming lesson, then karate after dinner, and then swim team practice. Whew! I detest all this running.

​This morning after getting that pie made, we went to a few garage sales. We tried to find two in town and never did find them. The last one we hit up which is only 5 minutes from here was a good one. Cork got a small air compressor and I got a couple baking items. Came home and worked on getting this kitchen ready for the customer coming for the pies. Cork took Blaise for his swim lesson. Shortly I'll be taking him for karate then drop him off at his Mom's for the night. She'll bring him back tomorrow evening. We might actually take the cover off the pool and swim. Who knows.

​Good to see you Arm!

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X