Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday.....come out, come out, wherever you are.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday.....come out, come out, wherever you are.......

Good Morning! And it's going to be another pretty summer day.....finally.

​Yesterday was a busy one. I baked a couple pies. Then made pie filling for 8 pies to be made up and baked this morning. Made a bunch of "dirt" pudding cups for the swim meet last night. Blaise was home early. The meet went well.

​I worked the concession stand. My comfort zone. There were two other ladies that I worked with last year the whole season. We just shook our heads over some of the food donations. Stale buns, coolers full over pop w/o ice, etc. Other years people have picked up whatever was leftover of their donation. Some people just signed up for the same thing every time (pop & candy) and brought back the leftovers time & time again. That wasn't fair to others who cooked and made something fresh every time, so this year we packed up most of the drinks & hauled them home. Next time we are going to ask them to bring coolers full of ice. We also brought home the candy & chips. We'll adjust the list accordingly. We'll see how it goes. All in all though, I think it went well. We trained 4 new people to help us.

​This morning I hope to get 9 pies baked for tomorrow's wedding order. I'll prep for the other 3 that need made tomorrow morning. Once Blaise gets home (early dismissal again), the running shall commence. Swim lesson, karate, and swim team. I'm getting him a couple private swim lessons again this year since he seems to learn best that way. If he would JUST worry about what he's doing instead of stopping and seeing what the other kids in the other lanes are doing. He was in front in one heat last night, but due to his nebbiness, he came in last. Silly boy!

​Time to get busy! Have a good one all!

Good morning...I haven't made it out bed just yet...the heat yesterday completely zapped me.!plus Cori just got here so I will snuggle her for a bit. I am headed to aldi. I am hoping that it's one of the bus drivers will wait while I go in just long enough at schnucksto cash my check. I hate getting stuck waiting the heat for an hour.

Six flags was great fun yesterday but so hot!

Comment

Good morning.
      Looks like a cloudy day, as we are due for rain tonight. Maybe it will hit earlier. Rain due all day tomorrow as well. Thank you Mother Nature, for that gift! It’s been so arid here, with all the heat, this morning I woke with a nosebleed.
      Yesterday late afternoon I got a call from the dentist office, and they need to redo my impressions for the partial I’ll be getting. The only opening was midday. Yeah, thanks. After that we will go to the movies and whatever else we are in the mood for. That appointment really crunches our original birthday plans today.

The A/C popped on at 5:45 today. Earliest time so far. I wonder why. Temps are dropping to a high of 90 today, lower tomorrow, then several more days in the low and mid 90°‘s. I don’t care much for air conditioning, mostly when the air blows right on me. E adjusted the vent, but I still get direct air.

Other than that, it’s still the same old stuff happening here.
      We still have plans to go to MI next month. However, my brother’s lady needs knee and shoulder surgery. We don’t want to be a burden by staying with them. She is too much of a hostess doing things for people. She will need time to recuperate without thinking about what we may need. The Midwest will probably be hot and muggy at that time..... I’ve forgotten what that’s like. But am looking forward to being there.

That’s all of my news for today.
      Guess I’ll have breakfast and take a shower.

Hope you all have a great day.
      Last edited by JoGee; 06-15-2018, 09:21 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...we are under a heat advisory for the entire weekend. Yesterday all the painting supplies were gathered and the ladder set up when a storm rolled in unannounced. Guess we are doomed. Not suppose to rain today but if we touch a paint brush you know it will blow in so I have no intentions of doing absolutely anything at all today. Not a darn thing! Nothing at all! Starting right now....

Comment

Good Friday morning! Why do I sound so happy? Only two kids today! The baby's mom asked if we could go back to the original every other Friday and that would mean he would be Here today and was here last Friday so I said not really...I had promised I would go in the pool with the two who aer coming and I can't with the baby...I did say if her mom had something she couldn't do with the baby...but thank Heaven she can. I mean, how does that even sound fair? Change the schedule last Friday so I had him two in a row and Then say change it Back so I have him 3 Fridays in a row??? I am happy my waffling didn't do me in.

The other really good thing is that both of the kids coming are ones who get here a bit later and the 6:50 arrivals are going camping today.

Aunt Maye, any way you can call Elaine and ask how they are doing? The longer it is that we don't hear anything the more I worry.

I do not check the heat anymore. I am hoping my bill for electricity stays the same and doesn't go up to the next level. I keep the air set at 77 and it goes on and off as needed. During the afternoon when the kids are laying down and I am sitting I sometimes raise it to 78.

Hope the day goes well for all of you. And all of the ones around you!
          Maxie, maybe if I get a painting project it will rain???

Comment

Stand your ground, Paula. Every time she comes to observe, she distracts from the care you are giving the kids. Assure her that her child will get excellent attention as well once it is enrolled. She wouldn’t want there to be such distractions when you are caring for her child. (Every visitor becomes the elephant in the room.)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good evening

Finally back on the internet. I got hit with some kind of stuff, screen was screaming at me in red, "hurry, do this, or that". I just shut down computer . and called grandson Jake.. he got here today. and solved the problem . not a virus. but he installed a Malware? something or other ,,, will be scanning all week. He even found the list of sites I had been on.. must have type in a wrong letter? but it is now fixed..

Yes, I have Elaine's number, will give her call this evening .
              We have been setting home waiting on someone to show up to fix our remote ,electronic garage door opener... its a big double size. almost impossible to lift by hand. ( can be done.but not by us old folks)... we have contacted a business who is Supposed to be sending someone...
              Donna if I had know the garage guys were NOT planning on being here.. I would have been up to your house...

in the meantime, I shortened David's new slacks. got another corner nice and neat.. next is the "under the house " garage that is MY big storage area...the freezer, shelves for canned goods. all old boxes. jars. and junk... a futon without a mattress. boots. coats .etc etc.. I will hope to toss out a bunch of stuff and neaten up the rest.. I did get the big comforter washed, dried outside , so winter bedding is put away, clean, ready for next winter..

I'm praying that no more minor type Problems pop up for a few days... I'm tired of coping with them..

Paula, the Parents are always the problem with a business... ( says the lady Piano teacher.).. I did solve the last minute cancellation stuff. by making it a rule if you have to cancel because of Sickness OR BAD weather. find. call me as soon as you can.... other wish...just cancelling at the almost last min.( to go shopping, etc). means you pay for the lesson.. those who did not like my rules (. I made out a list and past it out to all students). quit...which was fine, I had a waiting list kids wanting to start.. . ..In all the years I had some met and knew a lot of wonderful people... and there was that handful of Kids and parents that
              I was not Happy with.. to put it mildly.

With computer down 2 days I better go check on some things..

Comment

Again me.

I did call Elaine, she says Hello to you all.

She is very busy being a "caregiver".... John is at home.. and slowly going downhill.. ( I call it the "slippery slope",,because I see David and I on the same aging slope) . John will be 90 in two weeks.. she thinks about us .is so glad the Round Table made us all friends , some we have met
                and some whom we have not met but are still known to us as a dear friend.

Keep her ,John in your Prayers..

Comment

Thank you for the update, Maye. We know that this is very hard on her. My heart goes out to them both. They are in my most heartfelt thoughts.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X