Thursday 6/14 Good Morning!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 6/14 Good Morning!

Good Morning! It's sunny and actually look & feel like a real summer day here today. We'll see.

​Yesterday was good. Sue came and I took her to Sharp Shopper for the first time. I just KNEW it would be her kind of store. The only down side? I didn't have my CC. It was still in my sweatshirt pocket from the night before when I got gas. DANG! She leant me $$. Once I got the groceries put away and my energy back, I rolled out all the dough for all the pies I need to make in the next 2 days....12 for the wedding and 2 as a thank you to one of Blaise's teachers and one of the bus drivers. The other teacher & bus driver will be getting cookies. I didn't do anything during teacher appreciation week.

​I actually cooked a real dinner before we had to head out the door to karate & then swim team.

​Today is the next to last day of school. There is early dismissal both days. He'll be home around 2pm. In the meantime, I'll be cooking & baking. Need to make dirt pudding cups for the swim meet. I was SUPPOSE to be getting big #10 cans of choc pudding, but when I went to pick them up last night, they didn't come in with her order. Fortunately I found enough boxed pudding to make tonight's cups. Need to go get a gallon of milk though. Then I'll make the fruit filling for the pies & bake two lemon or oatmeal pies for tomorrow. We'll see.

​We have to be at the pool by 5pm. Kathy was suppose to be coming, but she called me this morning on her way home from work. She threw up and they sent her home. Always something. She's going to lose this job too. I'll be working the concession stand tonight at the meet. When it's our kids up for a heat, we get to leave our "job" and watch. The 3 of us that are in the concession stand this year worked together last year and finally know what we are doing.

Have a good one all!

Good morning.
    I slept in til 6 this morning. That felt good. But need to get my day started.
    Oh, I did get my medication thing settled yesterday. A bit later than I’d hoped, but they did get back with me. There are so many patients there worse off than I am.

E bought me early birthday flowers yesterday. An assortment of bright colors and blooms. I do hope the buds on the pink tiger lilies bloom for me this time. That’s one flower that you never know if it will after it was picked, but the A/C might be the cause of that. The house temp is set for 79°, which is fairly cool compared to our summer outside temperatures.

Today I’ll catch up on a few more chores.
    A warm sunny day ahead.
    Tomorrow though, the temps will plummet, I should have monsoon’s first rain tomorrow, Mother Nature’s birthday gift to me. But we will be going out for breakfast and for the day anyway. 😄

Yesterday while we were out I bought a precooked turkey breast. I think it was pretty tasteless on its own. Glad I had a can of cranberry sauce in the pantry. I also made potato patties out of leftover mashed potatoes. That was our meal, as we don’t have big appetites these days.

Nothing else here that’s interesting enough to write about.

Haven’t had breakfast yet, so right after I start a laundry load that’s next.
    Hope you all have a super-duper day. 🤗

Elaine & John, my thoughts are with you daily.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning..getting ready to move into a very hot stretch with it starting today. Lots of sun out this morning and we are going to paint today as soon as the porch moves into the shade out of the morning sun. That is the plan but every plan we have seems to be blown up lately.

Andrew's ball team played their best game of the season last night..they are getting better and better. They are still losing and will never win a game without a forfeit but it was a good little game! Drew caught a high fly to end an inning and he and his cousin Logan both scored. No mercy rule!! We were actually competing until the last out.

Never did get groceries yesterday. Actually none of us have big appetites around here. However, we have hit the necessity phase and need bathroom tissue so might as well go all out and splurge on real food like bread and lunch meat with potato chips...you know, those hot weather staples.

No improvement in the home situation. She is not eating and we are pushing drinking Gatoraid and I will look around for drinks with nutrients today. Just going to be to hot around here. She is off today and still sleeping so maybe, just maybe today will be better.

Be happy for normal....

Comment

Working...
      X