Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday May 30th....are you sure it's not Tues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday May 30th....are you sure it's not Tues?

Good Morning!

​Yesterday started out down for me, and I even had a little cry, but then it went up from there. I just couldn't get motivated, and was sad for Kathy, but after my little cry, I was fine. All the towels and swimsuits that were hanging over the porch railing to dry out but got soaked when it poured rain during dinner on Monday, needed washed and dried. Got that done and ready for the next round of swimming. Mixed up 6 batches of pie dough. Gave the kitchen counters a good cleaning and found out where the ants were coming from, and then set out tabs of paper with Toro on them for the ants to "feast". There should be no more ants today.

​My brother and his family all eventually came and swam yesterday. The water was really nice and we had a good visit. I wasn't down at the pool for very long since I was up in the house puttering along getting things done. I was waiting to hear from Kathy about her job interview. She GOT IT!!! Now she won't be starting for a week or two, but at least she knows there will be money coming in soon.

​Once Blaise got home and us all quickly fed, we headed into town to take a car out for a test drive that we saw over the weekend. Now I called in the morning to see what their hours were and ask how long that car had been there....since mid February. We went, we tried, and we made an offer. Once he took the offer to the owner, he came back with a title that someone else had left as a deposit on the vehicle that afternoon. Now if that was really true or not, we just walked away. We weren't willing to pay sticker price. Oh well. Blaise was so disappointed, but we explained there will be another one. You have to play the game too. The guy never introduced himself, didn't shake our hand, ask our names, nothing. He really didn't want our business.

​Took Blaise for his first swim team practice. It was a gorgeous evening, so he wasn't freezing once he was done. I came home and baked a dutch apple pie for the doctor's office. Made a mess of my nice clean counters.

​This morning I'll go deliver that pie as soon as Blaise gets on the bus. Aunt J is coming over to scoop grease balls once I get back home. I used up all the lard balls yesterday, so that's what she'll be making today. I have 100 lbs of lard to be scooped, so she'll have lots to work with. She'll probably only do up 25lbs, but it'll keep me busy for a while. I might bake some carrot cakes for the freezer. There is always something to be done. Of course we'll do our usual chatting.

Tonight Blaise has both karate and swim practice. School was suppose to be finishing up this week, but the strike screwed that up.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning..I am being lazy today..I am leaving for a meeting at 9. The meeting is to get things going so I can start the job search.

Will come home and make chicken salad and text a friend.

Comment

Good Morning

as you have just read, I am going to Donna's in a wee bit... my favorite job.. making grease balls with Lard!.. it is the softest of the three greases (shortening,margerine). makes my hands sooooooo soft too.. will enjoy my chat with her too.

did a lot of crocheting, reading , snoozing and very little else the last couple of days.. make a trip to Walmart yesterday.. needed a new lamp shade.. Kat had more or less destroyed the other one, chasing a bug.. bought the few needed groc and got back home . was really Hot , I love it.
      but like my a/c too.

be back later to read.. have a good day

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Donna, happy for Kathy. Just when she seems to be making progress into adulthood, then she gets some disappointments. SO we'll see how she handles it all.

We are to get rain most of the day today from Alberto, but then we were to get rain over night. Sure hope the rain comes today as we do need it.

Today is a day of rest, and then a visitation this evening. The lady didn't belong to our Church, but she was the mother-in-law of our pianist. She did come to our Church for some of our special programs. So a lot of us will be going, so Bible Study has been cancelled for tonight.

Hope all have a wonderful day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning! I know what you mean, Donna: is it Tuesday or Wednesday? I almost forgot to put out the trash yesterday!
          I can't believe that car salesman! Wish I could get you into my guys here. It was three years ago this Memorial Day weekend that I took my car for the whole three days to test!

So glad Kathy got the job! Three of my friends here are looking for jobs. ONe is not having her contract renewed at the school (and tht is n ot a good thing), one is at a school that is downsizing because of low attendance and will not have a classroom for her, and another is looking after a temporary job that she thought would be permanent...and she has an MBA. All three really need a job. I am grateful for the income I have and the retirement income...the next big worry (and we are already entering it) will be Becky finding a job after she finishes school in December.

What do you use the lard balls for? Pie crust or everything? I have lard but haven't used it much.

I better get going. things to do...and the Avon lady came way too early yesterday after I asked her to wait till at least 7:00 and even said it would be better for me if she came on her way home form work, so I am not going to be ordering form Avon...That is backwards customer service, for sure!

Hope all goes forward for you all today!

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Last year while mixing up some pie crusts, we ran out of shortening balls. We were normally making the dough 50/50. Since we were out of shortening, we did 100% lard. Those pie crusts were so good! The literally melted in your mouth. So now we make almost all the pie crusts with 100% lard. Now I found that the cream pie crusts didn't hold up as well, so when I make those crusts, I go back to the 50/50 because it's sturdier.

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            There is just something wrong with teachers needing jobs! Cutting education is the first place politicians go. I read that schools in Illinois will be hiring teachers and some schools are at least 12 teachers short not counting support staff. What a shame.

Good morning to all.
          Another hot day ahead, in the 100°’s. But it will be hotter than this in the days ahead.
          Yesterday we didn’t get much done. I had a little setback with my pulse rate, and need to lie down for a while, but did not nap. So I totally forgot to call my hairdresser. I’ll call today when she opens her salon...in about 3 hours.

Cookie, it feels like Tuesday, because of the delayed holiday trash pickup today. Sometimes we all need a little cry, because we have stored up a lot of frustrations that we deal with day to day.

So yesterday we saw E’s friend at the restaurant. We were surprised to see him wearing a neck brace. He had some kind of surgery back in February. A few days afterwards he got laryngitis.....he still does. That’s why he has a neck brace, to keep the weight off his larynx, I guess. He didn’t touch his dinner, which looked like a bowl of finely chopped veggies. With that neck brace, I think he probably can’t eat very efficiently without making a bit of mess, so he ended up taking it all home so he could eat in privacy. We walked us to our car, he came over to hug me, but I had to turn him away. With apologies. He had his docs don’t know the cause of his laryngitis. My new med warns me to stay away from “sick” people. And if he is carrying something, my immune system is weaker now than before.

Guess I will go grab a bite of breakfast. I think tea and a buttered waffle with cinnamon sugar sounds good. I love cinnamon.

Have a great day! 😄 Keep smiling and make people wonder what you are up to!!!
          John and Elaine, you are in my thoughts.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            After my thyroid surgery last December I had laryngitis for a month...they said it is swelling from moving things around and he told me it could last several months depending on how fast you heal. Hope that is all his problem is.

Morning! Have not been up long enough to listen to the weather forecast but it was suppose to rain last night and again today...compliments of Alberto! I have nothing of any importance to do today so the weather really does not matter.

Jon is having that tooth taken out today so no meal planned for me...it is broken at the gum line and they do not know what digging it out will entail. I am sure he will come in and go to bed and he is off tomorrow. Sierra is also off today and ask if we could do lunch today. Sure, I can always do lunch! Just as long as I do not have to cook it!! Yesterday I worked up meatloafs for the freezer and made up four mini loafs for supper. Meatloaf, fresh corn, pasta shells and we had a meal that looked good on the table....then my granddaughter came in and omg did that girl eat. She licked the plates clean and even ate my cob of corn and the last mini loaf...when she came up for air she said she told us she was hungry. Jon just shook his head and ask how was he going to feed both those hoggy dogs next fall!

Paula, in reference to your fb comment...that is the Missouri governor. I am Illinois. St. Louis is the closest big city to us and a lot of people commute to work there (I did many years ago and my husband worked for the Procter and Gamble plant in St. Louis.). Our loyalties are with the Blues and Cardinals!

Congratulations of Kathy! Looks like changes in her life but so glad she is developing the maturity she needs to move on. Sierra got a letter that her main grant is running out and she will need to appeal. She changed her major...several times...but now needs another year. She will only take 2 classes next semester and then in the Spring do her internship so she is so very close. AND there is money put away which will handle this last year but why not fight for the grant? Anyway, my thing is she does not know how to write a letter. I know, right? She can do some calculus and advanced whatever math, she can name every bone in the body and tell you what each muscle does, etc., but cannot write a letter. I suppose that is because of computers and texting but geeze, she has good grammar and can whip out a term paper in record time but has to ask how to write a letter. There are so many ways that computers have changed life. I would class writing a letter as a social skill and we are quickly losing all our social skills.

Need to get moving...got up at my regular time today and already behind. That extra hour or half hour makes such a difference in what I get completed in a day. Funny that....maybe I actually am a morning person!

We are having a rainy day so enjoy whatever your day brings. Again, good for Kathy and her new job!

Comment

Working...
          X