Tuesday May 29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday May 29

Am I the first to post? I am trying to get ahead of myself. the Avon lady called and wanted to bring my order before 7:00 this morning and I told her no...I said 7:00 is the earliest I can be open and have her money ready...it is just that I have athings to do and don't want to sit and wait for her or be down in the daycare when I am trying to get breakfast and bottles ready...I just think Avon should be more accompanying to me the customer than to the avon lady. Sounds like I just need to shop at Amazon for all those things or wait till I go to the store...

Yesterday and Sunday we got two things done that were on my Ask a tall friend list changed the light bulb in the daycare bathroom (10 foot ceiling and neither one of us likes to get on a high ladder) and borrow a drill to put in the flag holder the painters had removed and did not replace. I have a painting ladder which is taller than my comfort zone step stool and Becky used that to change out the bulb. We took the donation items (yay!) to the shelter house and borrowed a power drill from Becky's friend who is the house manager and came home and put in the holder and then returned the drill!!! The Christmas tree is out of the office; the boxes of clothes and toys are out of the bedroom and all the rest of the donated food that we didn't use for the shelter meals are gone and there is more square footage available! Almost as good as a remodel!

I hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the quiet feeling we had of Gratitude of all who have paid that ultimate cost.
    Jo, Gary used to watch all the war movies over this weekend. He read a lot of books about WWII and the civil War...a friend that Gary would always loan books to recently gave Becky a new one about WWII and said he wanted her to read it because he knew Gary would have loved it.

Well, we will see if anyone else has been typing with me... Smiles and hugs to all!

Good SUNNY Morning! Very humid out there.

​Yesterday was good for the most part. I just couldn't get motivated to get everything picked up, but I was motivated to clean out shelves the hold the OTC meds, shampoos, toothpastes, etc. I pitched a ton. Like you Paula, I feel like I got some new square footage...actually inches.

​I was preparing stuff for the picnic that was being held here, when I got a call from Kathy. She wanted me to meet her part way to pick up Blaise. The 4 of them were suppose to be coming to the picnic, but she said Xander was throwing up. Well when I got to Giant Eagle to meet her, both her & Blaise were crying. Apparently Matt (the BF) told her (them) that he wasn't in love with her and wanted to break up. Blaise LOVES Matt and was devastated. This is the first boyfriend that he actually cared whether they stayed or not. Kathy was completely blindsided. They hadn't been fighting and had a great weekend up until that point. I'm sad too because he was the first decent one she has had. She lost her last job because she left work to help him and still hasn't gotten a new job. I guess he's not going to leave right away because of that. She has a job interview today at 1pm, so please pray she gets it.

​We had a nice picnic. My brother and his family swam for a while before dinner. While we were eating, it just suddenly started pouring. There hadn't been rain in the forecast, but it sure did come down for about a half an hour. We played cards after dinner. After they left, I was just too beat and tired to make the food for Corky's lunches. I had planned to do that before everyone came, but then had to go get Blaise.

​This morning I woke with a heavy heart for Kathy. I know she goes about things the wrong way at times, but Matt was the first one that was normal and hard working. Therefore, I'm in slow mode today. Getting things picked up around here and preparing to make a bunch of pie dough for the orders I have coming up in the next 2 weeks. I have to bake a dutch apple pie for the doctor's office for tomorrow. Having Monday off just kind of screws up my normal schedule. Need to make Corky's lunch food first though.

​Tonight starts swim team practices. They are 7:45 (once the pool closes to the members) to 9pm. Tomorrow is karate too, so he'll have about an hour btw practices. It's only a 6 week season, so we'll survive though it seems longer than that. He'll miss one week of it because of going to church camp the first week of July.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear about Kathy. Hoping she has a good interview today and keep the momentum she has had going. I really feel for her! I remember all the summer running you do with kids! So glad those days are over and that Jon and Andrews mom work so well together...they will go together to practices etc and can count on the other when one cannot.

Good morning, everyone.
    Today we will hit 100°, and it will stat there or slightly higher into next week , so it appears on the weather app. 🌵
    We could definitely use some rain.

Today we will be meeting E’s friend for an early dinner......if he shows up. Many times he hasn’t confirmed his invitation, and just sleeps for 24 hours. He’s not aging all that well, and we aren’t too sure his electric shock therapies do much good. They’ve given him those therapy sessions for a few years now, and we have lost count, but it doesn’t seem good for anyone’s health to us. He’s still a fairly depressed man. But, in any case, no cooking for me today.

I refilled the birds’ feeder and put water in their birdbath. But something seems to be scaring them off. Or maybe it’s the heat they’re avoiding. I think we have nests in our trees, though they’re well hidden. We have Italian cypress lining the back of our yard, and a Mexican bird of paradise bush, that I hear chirping in. Sure can’t see them, though. They must be the smaller birds. I think the neighbors quit feeding the doves/pigeons. Don’t see many of those around these days, (thank goodness!). They leave such awful messes.

So, we’ve been hearing from people lately. This coming weekend it’ll be an evening with nephew & niece. July we go to MI to see relatives/family/a few friends. (One of those days is a reunion with nephews & nieces there.). Then September we are going to Vegas to meet with a long-time friend of E’s, and his wife whom we’ve never met. We need to find days to get to Phx to drop off stuff to the kids.
    Guess who is ordering clothes.....my Mothers Day/Anniversary/Birthday gifts! 😂. Yeah, I’ll be another year older in mid-June. So much for visiting and going out. I’ll feel good about it. That reminds me, I need to call my hairdresser this morning. Get my hair trimmed this week.

That’s my news for today. I’m drinking tea this morning. But haven’t gotten my breakfast yet. I was getting some ideas for breakfast egg cups to make, and reheat as needed. I can live on eggs. Then in the process of looking, I found some interesting recipes to make potato puff, which gave me more ideas. I also found a recipe for “pizza” using cheese ravioli as a base and you use your favorite toppings. Neato! Yum! The only downside is having to use the oven in this weather, as it means the AC will run during the night as well. I really hate AC’g, but E doesn’t like to be in the heat it causes. I hate the air blowing on me, but then I have sweaters. It’ll be worth a day of baking, I guess. But not today.

Hope you all have a great day today. ☀️

Cookie, I’m so sorry to hear about Kathy’s breakup. We can use some old-fashioned commitment these days, can’t we. Kids seem to feel it more deeply. It’s good that Blaise has a few energetic sports to work off his bad feelings about this. Hope Kathy finds good employment soon.
    Last edited by JoGee; 05-29-2018, 09:30 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
    X