Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday may 27

good morning

I posted a quick message in Saturdays post and will now leave this open for the Sunday crowd..
    we will be going to church , probably have lunch out.. and then back to that stack of books from Library OR
    finish the afghan Im making for Donna's Becca... its on the last few rows..

see you later

Morning Maye and all to come. It is an absolutely gorgeous day..sunny and hot predicted and we are going to a pool party! Last night a storm formed over us and the lightning and thunder was horrendous. I know it formed over us because the weather guy said so when he was issuing warnings. So we received a lot on unpredicted rain last night after Jon had watered. He bought one little sad tomato plant to put in a patio pot and it should have enjoyed the rain..probably would benefit from a little drink of miracle grow too!

Jo, I have been wanting to see BOOK CLUB and would expect with that cast it would be a senior enjoyment. Maye, I am reading a Grisham book. My niece sent me home with a stack of books but some of those I will never get into...she reads more in depth stuff and now a days I just want pleasure reading.

Well gotta go get my coffee and gather supplies. Wish Drew were coming but sure do understand his passing on us for a boating trip with his boy cousins. They are also a close family and I will see pics on Face Book later today. Have a wonderful Sunday and hope you all get out to enjoy the sun and heat...can you imagine a nice Memorial Day? They are normally wet and cold.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Which Grisham book?? I am reading rooster Bar

Good morning.
    Our weather is dropping to 93° today. But it’s going up again tomorrow, and after that we hit the 100°’s again.
    Yesterday was nice and easy for us....went to a movie. We weren’t at all hungry for dinner, so skipped that. Just came home and watched some TV. Only one of the kids remembered our anniversary, and one friend did as well. That was nice.

This morning I have my mocha and newspaper. Then I’ll decide what to do the rest of the day. I will need to check that bird feeder.

Have a beautiful Sunday, everyone. ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 05-27-2018, 10:12 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Sunday morning! Yesterday was a good day, mostly away from home. We left at 6:00am and got home a little after 5:00pm...
      We drove up to Or, saw cousins and did some tax free shopping. also got the car filled up by an attendant as OR does not let you pump your own gas.

Spencer moved the rest of the big item s into their new home. He called and said aabout 12 guys from church were there to help, most military and really strong. He said one was an ex football player for the Air Force Academy...now serving in Annapolis! Nikki had two friends from work helping her to really scrub up the empty house so they are hoping to get some of their deposit back. He said they were finished moving, rested a few minutes, took the U-Haul back, came home and rested a few minutes and then got out the mower and mowed the front yard. It hadn't been done once the house went under contract and the HOA is really strict, so he said he thought he would get it cut. Also neighbors were out doing theirs and he wanted to let them know they would be keeping the yard up to standards! The boys were all settled in and playing games in their rooms...Nikki had stayed up late Friday night cooking food and a cake: Japanese curry and a homemade chocolate cake to serve everyone for lunch...the guys loved it! One had been stationed in Japan and kept saying he hadn't had good curry since he had come back. I was impressed. Whenever we moved my dad would just order pizzas for everyone.

And Becky will se the new house because we got her a flight to visit the end of June. She is going to be a poll worker again and also do some other work, so she is pretty excited. She will also be going to the blueberry filed to pick for us: 15.00 a gallon. Frozen at Walmart is a little cheaper, but this is fun, too...

today after church we are going to help place flags on the graves of service members at our cemetery. I have a great uncle who usually gets overlooked because the Scouts and volunteers look for military symbols and Uncle D had Masonic symbols on his and his wife's marker. He served in WWI and we try and make sure he gets a flag. My mom will take ones out to family members if they are not covered.

We have a big get together with friends who are like family tomorrow. I met Barbara when her daughter was in our Kindergarten class and we just bonded! She did so much for me over the years; every time something happened, good or not so good, she was there. Others would say, If you need anything, let me know. Barbara would show up and stay and have something to ease the day. Her daughter and family, with her only grandchild is moving to OR and this will be a good bye party.

OUr weather is cooler today. I got in my swim suit yesterday after being home a bit and the water was too cold to get in. I sat and cooled my feet and got out.

I hope you all have a good day. Enjoy the ones close to you and keep the rest in your heart! That is where you all are in mine!

Comment

Haven’t heard from Ladyebug for a while —- hope she and John are doing well, and having a nice holiday with friends & relatives.

Nalani...if you are peeking in at all ..... are you safe from the volcano disruptions that are happening on the “big island”? The news pictures and clips make it look pretty bad. Are you doing okay overall?
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

If you listen to the news you would think the entire island is in danger. Only 1% 0f the island s effected and it is in the SE corner of the island.. Of course that doesn't make the news so the editors make it sound bigger than it is. Of course the people effected by it will think the entire island is in danger. Well maybe it is, who knows.

Comment

good night....its now after 10pm... my bedtime... actually , my reading time/bedtime...

about Nalani.. I read somewhere she is not on that particular island... hoping what I read was correct.. but glad to know the island with the
            eruptions is not "destroying " the entire place. must be a unbelievable sight to watch in person tho'...

Arm, you touched on one of the things that make me so irritated at the NEWS station on Tv... they rant on and on about something. build things way out of proportion..... so I don't watch any of it... especially the political "Conversations".. in our little village long ago, they would be call "gossipers". now I call them , time-wasters. have to fill up that air time with chatter..

today ended up being a quiet day.. after church , we did lunch.. then came home to read.. David was watching all the old time war movies.
            He had seen most of them years ago of course. but he enjoys them.. I crocheted, read, wrote out thank you cards , neighbors were all quiet . no Lawnmowers running today!!...

Comment

Working...
            X