Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Friday and the beginning of a Holiday weekend......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Friday and the beginning of a Holiday weekend......

Good sunny morning! Suppose to have showers this afternoon and tomorrow then Sunday will be hot and sunny for our first pool party of the season. Looking forward to it.

Today I need to grocery shop because I have a feeling the stores will be a zoo tomorrow. I won't have help with the hauling but I will also not have to fight the crowds. Looks like everyone else is either sleeping in or starting their holiday preparations. I went to bed early and was up early so now need to use my time wisely. Ya right!!!!

Have a great day every one of you!!!

good morning! It is overcast here and we might have showers, too. I would love it if the corner edges of the yard got watered. When I use the sprinklers it all seems to run off and the edges are getting brown.

It is No Baby Friday! Sad that I am so happy about such a sweet little guy not being here. But it means I can have a few activities that are harder with him crawling around. Yesterday I thought he was going to take his first step! a HUGE NO-NO AT DAYCARE! All the daycare providers have an unwritten rule: never tell a parent you saw any First! Let them have that experience. And I don't even tell them about the rule so they don't second guess about if they really saw the first step, etc. This baby is a second child for the mom but the first for the dad...

This office floor needs cleaning today and I am washing daycare blankets right now. Then they will be stored away and we will use light weight ones. All the throws I had in the living room are cleaned and stored for the winter and slowly, but surely, getting things summarized around here.

I don't have much to say other than the joy of Friday! Hope you all have a good weekend planned. We are doing some Memorial Day tihngs (family graves) both Saturday and Sunday, then going to a bbq on Monday for a friend's daughter and family who are moving to OR.

Love to you all!

Comment

Good morning..this weekend is probably one of my most favorite of the year! We camp and have a huge family reunion on Saturday....I was so sad that I was going to have to come home on Sunday and not get to see my granny on Monday but because I am not working I don't have to come home early! I am almost all packed and ready to go...I am getting ready to leave on my bike to run a couple of last minute errands...then coming home and finishing up my packing and picking up of the house...then I will relocate my dehumidifier and attatch the hose...I am feeling pretty proud that I was able to read the directions and feel confident moving it. it will save a few minutes...I am trying hard to not bother my sister because she too have a baking business on the side similar to cookie...she at one time was a professional cake decorator...and amazing baker...cake decorating was what she did the most but it took over her life and took the time from her girls...so she gave most of her work up to be home and home school my nieces...but she still gets orders for friends...and today the day we are leaving for family camping trip she has a 400 cookie order to fill. The only thing I can do to help is leave her alone. If she still lived in bike riding distance I would take lunch over.

If I don't get here I will be home sometime on Monday.

Comment

Good morning.
        It’s a beautiful sunny morning here (though I wouldn’t mind some rain, which is a miracle away). Today we hit 100°. 🌵
        Tomorrow will be our 45th anniversary....we will probably go to a movie then dinner out. Knowing E, he might just get me flowers, too. We were delighted with the daisy bouquet he got me a couple weeks ago....they didn’t begin to droop til yesterday morning and by nighttime they were fully drooped and I tossed them.

We went shopping for a few things yesterday. At the hardware store I was looking for the suet for the birds. They must have about 10 flavors, but only 2 are for the little songbirds. E was going to get an assortment of what’s there, but I pointed out that the others are meant to attract the bigger birds, and he doesn’t want those pigeons back! So we got the ones for the songbirds only. 😉 At the grocery store I found I had two meat coupons about to expire. So I added the meat to the cart.

But today, it’s business as usual around the house. Depending on what distracts us, I guess. He can spend a whole day on his iPad or computer or both. Me, I get hooked on scrabble, or other puzzles that keep ones mind busy. But the other chores to be done will get my attention as well. And he will follow suit.

So that’s the highlight of our weekend. We have no family here, so no graves to tend to.
        Half of my uncles were veterans, but none were fallen soldiers. Though one lost his heart to a German girl, who took his money and disappeared, another returned with PTSD and killed himself (before the condition was known as a problem). I particularly remember my uncles in different branches of our military service.

So that’s all that is happening here.
        I notice since my last iPad upgrade that punctuations disappear, mostly apostrophes. Hope it doesn’t make reading my posts more difficult.

Have a great day and weekend! 🤗
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Partly sunny right now ut supposed to rain this afternoon and evening then partly sunny tomorrow and rest of the weekend. Hope Monday will be a clear day but too early to tell much yet.

Comment

It really rained most of the day. I hope the mountains are clear when we are driving tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X