Wednesday ,, 23th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ,, 23th

a wet yard, trees, overcast sky ,, not raining at the moment.. kind of day !

up very early.. dear hubby has his days and night slightly off kilter.. he goes to bed at 9.30 . wakens at 3/30 or 4am.. makes coffee, and NOISE , gets me awake and today , I Got Up. coffee smelled so good.... he has been asleep in recliner for the last 2 hours again. while i showered, picked up house. read a bit. make out shopping lists. eventually we will go "somewhere." . probably walmart.

to SassyGirl. so sorry to read about your Father.. hope you can feel my hug around your shoulders..

I will be back to read later today , have a good one.

Good Morning! It's so dreary that the grayness feels like it's weighing me down. BLAH! Looks like a good morning to go back to bed.

​Yesterday was good. Not super productive, but that was OK. Made a baked lemon pie to take to Sue. I picked her up and we went to AppleBees for lunch. There is a new Aldi's that opened up just a stones throw from AB, so we went over to check it out. Of course you can ALWAYS find things you NEED or want. Was going down the baking isle and took a dbl look at the sugar....$1.29/4lbs. It's normally $1.89 at Aldi's, so I ended up buying 40 bags. I got ask by several people what I was going to do with all of it. The fun was unloading it all once I got home. After Aldi's we headed down the road to the bakery supply warehouse and I stocked up on all my greases...those were fun unloading too. I also got 22lb of frozen red raspberries. Once I got the guys to bed, I baked a banana nut cake for the doctor's office.

​This morning I'll be delivering the cake. Not sure what else I'll get into today. More cleaning.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...it is sunny and warm here again this morning. I know how those dreary days can get you down cookie...we sure had our share! No plans for today. Scott is coming in this afternoon but only for a few hours and since he requested eating out I do not have to cook. Yesterday I did a ton of laundry fro some reason. I am keeping up the ironing since her work shirts need to be ironed so I can't let it stack up. That leaves me with nothing to do today!!

I planted a beautiful dahlia this Spring and it is spreading and getting so big and healthy. The problem is something is eating the flowers. I mean they are eating the petals right off the flower and leaving the center. Must be that darn rabbit! Need to get more fox urine because that stuff stopped her eating the new hosta shoots this spring...the are totally undamaged this year.

Just heard about the sink hole on the White House lawn. Hilarious! A message from above....or below? You knew I could not resist a comment on that!! So on that cheerful note I will say goodbye and start my day.

Comment

Donna, were the raspberries in a tub or how do they package 22 pounds? I love raspberries and boysenberries. I ordered some frozen boysenberries and they were pretty expensive but very good, I need a trip up to OR to buy some from a local, Even with gas prices, (they went up so much my mother asked me to get her gas at my station rather than Chevron) I think I could do better than the frozen berry people I ordered from.

I am very sad to hear about Sassy's father. This is one of those times I really wish we all lived a lot closer than the Internet to each other.

Did I tell you I had the piano tuned again? It was 18 months ago that it was tuned and I was happy the tuner texted me. I had meant to keep up with it. When he was all finished he played it for awhile and it was like Heaven on earth listening to it. It was during naptime so the kids didn't really get to appreciate it, but I sure did. The first time he tuned it I asked him after he was done if he had a church! We really need a good pianist!

Our organist is having a harp recital Friday. She has started taking lessons and has kplayed for our Christmas prelude because she said she wasn't good enough to play a solo during the program...it was the quietest it has ever been (other than before a funeral) while she was jplaying before church started.
        When I was in Utah we heard a harpist playing at the hotel where we went ofr lunch after the graduation. The harpist was playing music form The Greatest Showman and from La La Land! Beautiful!

Take care of yourself and then those around you. Remember what the flight attendant says about securing your own O2 mask before trying to do anyone else's. Love you all and hope Sassy can feel our thoughts and prayers!

Comment

Good morning!
          Another hot and sunny day ahead here. 🌵
          Yesterday was pretty unproductive for me. Went to the Cancer Center early as requested. We stilll had to wait another hour before the new blood was delivered for my infusion. Everyone was telling me how good I’d feel when it was done. The infusion took 2 hours, so it was noon when we left. Well, I felt more stable, but I felt so tired the rest of the day. We did have lunch out coming home. We both could eat only half of our meal, so we had the other half for supper.
          The good news is that I feel more like my normal self today!

Today I’ve got the laundry started already. When E gets up he can bring the rest of the laundry bags in for me. That will make a total of 4 good loads.

I was sorry to hear Sassy’s news today. Hugs to you, Sassy.

Time to grab some breakfast. It’s almost med time and I need to take them with food.

Have a great day. 🤗
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, can still say that a few minutes away from noon...Been a busy morning for me already, got up and got moving and marking things off of my to do list, will be leaving tomorrow heading to GA first then after a few days on to St. Augustine, FL, invited my sister, my daughters Aunt to stop there also, she texted this morning and said her hubby said he would...he can be a booger sometimes but she talked him into it...so yeah, great time in GA before we all head to the ocean...hear the weather is supposed to be rainy at least we can watch the ocean from our rooms...we have a luncheon to attend first tomorrow then we will head down the road from there...

You know how it is got to get the house all cleaned before you go so much nicer to return home that way...have my cat/house sitter taken care of, so now just finish other things I need to do..

Will check in when I can...take care on and all, looking forward to this vacation away...Love to all
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Originally posted by Aunt Maye View Post
              a wet yard, trees, overcast sky ,, not raining at the moment.. kind of day !

up very early.. dear hubby has his days and night slightly off kilter.. he goes to bed at 9.30 . wakens at 3/30 or 4am.. makes coffee, and NOISE , gets me awake and today , I Got Up. coffee smelled so good.... he has been asleep in recliner for the last 2 hours again. while i showered, picked up house. read a bit. make out shopping lists. eventually we will go "somewhere." . probably walmart.

to SassyGirl. so sorry to read about your Father.. hope you can feel my hug around your shoulders..

I will be back to read later today , have a good one.
              Aunt Maye,thank-you....And i feel your "HUG"..thank-you..

Comment

Good afternoon everyone..

I thought i would check in..
                And it is hard...And get ready for the sevice...
                i want to say thank-you..For all the "HUG"s..
                what great you all..I had great time to spend with him...We had our up an downs..
                Aww..Thank-you all.What friends you all...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
                  Paula A commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish I knew how to post photos! I would post one of a beautiful arrangement of flowers for you!

• sassygirl01
                  sassygirl01 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paula A...I do not know..Ask nightstorm...AWWW..thank-you much..I am going to cry....
              Working...
              X