Tuesday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday....

Sorry, no catchy title..just plain ole Tuesday. But the sun is shining and temps should rise into the mid 80s.

Yesterday instead of staying home to eat spaghetti and meatballs we ended up back home to put flowers on my husbands grave and then took the kids out for Mexican. This is the first time Andrew ask questions and showed interest in who we giving flowers. It was the first time he understood what a family plot was and that was his dads dad and great great grandpa. My mil refused to bury her husband in the family plot because the cemetery was 'old' and she wanted to be in the new so there is a grandpa missing. Can you believe the pettiness of some people even when they die? Anyway, lots of family gossip that I guess will die with me and it isn't even my family.

Coming home Jon was nostalgic and took us to the small town I was raised and pointed out places of 'interest'..that was a quick trip! Then home through the country. He showed Andrew where he and his friends would sneak off to on their bikes and climb the rr trestle, play in the creek and glide down the hills on their bikes and yes parents had no idea until much later what they were doing and where they were because back then your kids were able to be free. They were beat up when they got home but were free to make that decision. Anyway was a long ride and Drew seemed to enjoy it.

Sierra went to talk with her bf and I do not know the status of that. She says they are back together but I can see she is not happy. She told me she understood my concerns but she had to give him another chance and it was her mistake to make. I know she had to hear what people were telling her but Miss Tender Heart will give him his second chance. He screwed up once and will again because that is the kind of guy he is. Yep, he is a stellar human being....

Today is haircut day. Only two weeks but she is leaving for two weeks and that would make me 4 weeks and I need it now after only 2 weeks. Scott texted he is coming home Wednesday with a load of stuff. He has put his house up for sale and going to rent. He is tired of being tied to a house and the expense. His home is beautiful and so well maintained so hope it sells quickly for him. Owning a home is not for everyone...I'd never do it again for myself.

Both the workers are gone for the day and no Andrew every night. We can adjust meal times easier without a hungry kid not that I am cooking much this summer. Reheating the spaghetti sauce and that will be supper. Tomorrow Scott wants to go out so this is the one and only meal of the week. I can handle that. Have a great day and enjoy this beautiful weather..no rain or clouds for us today but a place south had 7 inches of rain in a couple of hours yesterday. That is close to my sister so need to check on how much rain she got. Whew, that is a lot of water!

Good morning.
    I posted our hospital experience when I got home yesterday. A wasted day. But I have to get back there early today to get a blood infusion. They aren’t too sure if the dizziness comes from the med side effect, or internal bleeding. I’m sure it’s not the latter. But apparently the blood is made fresh with my particular antigens, and will be brought by courier. There wasn’t time yesterday, as the Cancer Center isn’t open 24 hours. So back we go today.
    My NP will discuss my situation with my colostomy surgeon on my next visit to him. My appt was for next week, but we learned from her computer it’s a week later. We were never informed. So I’ll be starting the refilled prescription before she (NP) gets a chance to determine if my dosage needs to be lower.

Well, I’d better go find an outfit that will make my port accessible, and get ready
    I hate when life centers around the hospital. Now E is getting to know the doctors, nurses, & techs, as I do. It’s weird.

Have a great day, everyone. ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! It's a dreary one here & high humidity. Yesterday was pretty.

​Yesterday was semi productive. I got all the laundry caught up and all put away, which usually doesn't happen. Worked on the pantry and used the scrubber to do several carpeted areas. Stripped the guest room bed and it's all put back together and ready for my friend Maureen who is coming on Friday for the weekend.

​Today my cohort Sue was suppose to come here and we go to town to shop and have lunch out. Haven't seen each other since the week before Valentines Day. Well wouldn't you know her car went on the fritz, so she couldn't come. So I decided I'll pick her up and we'll do something down her way. Lunch for sure. I want to work on getting this kitchen looking presentable once I get home. I just made up a Sunshine Lemon pie for Sue & her husband to try. It's a newer recipe and Burt loves lemon pie.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning! All this week our temps are in the 80's. Perfect!

I am still wanting a good Mexican meal. the one in Utah and the one here for the birthday were not at all good. One of my daycare moms is Mexican and said she is bringing me something she posted on Facebook...so we will see. I also buy enchiladas from a friend when she makes them. Lately no one is selling any tamales that I know of.

I hope you all have a good day. It is wash the bath rugs and the ones by the bed day here. I better get myself I gear.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula it wasn't good Mexican but the waiter was Mexican...guess that makes it Mexican food!

Good morning..I am just now making it here...I have done yard work this morning...washed and dried and put away dishes...and then road my bike to the gas station to get gas for the mower my niece said she needed it. Then I had to listen to those two...Elyzabeth is perfectionist and reagan is not. Reagan was doing the mowing and said she was done but E didn't think so.... I just came down to my room and let them deal with it...

Now to clean on my room and room and get a shower...and wait to be picked up...I am told that my worker and I are going on an adventure today..something fun and different for a change.

Tomarrow will be spent doing paper work..and laundry and I shall stay in my jammies until time to get ready for church..also need to figure out what clothes I want to pack for my weekend away camping.

Comment

good evening

do the days get shorter or what.? seems time disappears so quickly... I filled up the day and now its 7pm. already.. after house was picked up. I called my sister and ask her to go to lunch with D. and I .. a restaurant we all love , Italian place called The Villa.. yummy food.. filled the gas with gas, picked up books at Library , picked up sister Dee.(Donna's Mom).. and went to Villa... this place is in a out of the way little tiny town.. but has a HUGE reputation for good food. and people come from far and wide to eat there . we spent time eating slow and chatting .. delivered Dee back home..
          then went to see my Daughter and recap our Sunday party.. to make sure I did not miss anyones name who were there .. thank you letters will be sent out.!!!.. I am still smiling at how great a day it was... if you have to get to this "great" age.. the celebration was worth it.

took a break, snooze ... then had to re do some of my little "lantern-type Lights I have setting at foot of steps to deck and at the top .. its a guide for anyone who stops in at night..

now its time to get a bite to eat. grab one of the new lib. books and settle in for the evening ......

Jo Gee. don't you feel sometimes they need to give you a nurse or Dr outfit and a degree .... one thing for sure.. you will be aware if someone tries to give you a shot, pill or IV.. and YOU know its not for you... and raise H___. about it. My crew has orders to never let D or I be left Alone if we get Hospitalize.. My sister in law just had an experience where Kidney Dr. prescribed a med for her and had not consulted it with her heart Dr. who Had a Super Hissy Fit when he read her chart. sparks flew.. so Always Ask and argue.

Maxie, I love walking through the older part of the cemetery where we have lots. a lot of the Older graves are my ancesters on fathers side!. we
          have lots by his Mom and Dad and grandparents.

Mexican food?.. enjoy folks,, I don't like any of it. but hope you all enjoy ( I get heartburn just thinking about it ).

better get back to the reading schedule.. and the one row of crocheting on ( Donna's ) Becca's afghan

Comment

Janet, I’m so confident in my NP.....she does tons more research than I think the doc does (I suspect he only delegates, then takes off somewhere). And she really listens to what I say. It’ll all be checked out. My next appt is in 3 weeks with another doc who specializes in more than he is required to.....and I trust him, too, because he has found things going on that have helped so much....like getting a non-invasive surgery for a sudden bile duct problem. He also listens to his patients.
            No, I don’t want that degree or outfit, never did. But I have my experiences, good and bad, with my health, and just let them know the details and them work it out from there.
            It’s the really dedicated good ones who deserve recognition and be well rewarded.

I love good Italian food! Yum! And I’m with you on the Mexican food —— way to spicy. 🌶 If you can find a restaurant that “Americanizes” the Mexican food, that’s better.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X