Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday...mowing day

Good morning everyone.

​Will be leaving here around 9 to help mow E's yard. I put new blades on last week called "Gator Blades", so am anxious to try them out. She had loaned the mower out and it came back with a bent blade. These gator blades are to be like a mulching kit. That will sure help when we don't get to mow every 7 days.

​We are to get rain around 2-3, but we were to have about 2 inches of rain last week, and that never happened. Yesterday it rained just north and south of us. Sure wished that "dry pocket" would move on over someone else.

Not much else to tell on anyone else so will just bid you all a very good day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 05-21-2018, 07:22 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good SUNNY Morning!

​Yesterday was good. After church we took Blaise down to Kathy's. They were taking the boys to the zoo for the day. After dropping him off, we headed to town for the flea market. Nothing jumped out at us at all until we went to the inside market and there was a room full of junk for $.25 each. I found 9 items and she sold it to me for $2. I was happy!

​We came home and started watching NCIS and about half way through I got a phn call. It was from a lady I met at a garage sale the day before. She ask for my card, and gave it to her. Well here to is retired due to health issues, but was a very busy sales and organizer person before that. She was involved some in the food industry. She would like to see me expand nationally. HA! She's going to come over next week. She'd like to see my dreams come true. Unfortunately my dreams aren't as big as hers. I mentioned to her that I'd like a little bakery and would she be interested in investing in me. She says it's a possibility. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's kind of nice to think someone would entertain the thought. I want to know my customers and employees, and to treat them both well. I read the reviews of a chef who sold his carrot cakes on QVC or whatever that home network is, and he got as many rave reviews as he did one star reviews and was selling his cakes for around $65 each. People are crazy enough to buy a cake online for that much?!?! And I thought my $20 was high.

​After our 90 min chat, I got busy making the tossed salad for Aunt J's birthday party. I had a nice time. Lots of good food and wonderful cake. By the time I got home, Blaise & Kathy were there. She said the two boys were more interested in the fish and bugs surrounding some of the animal habitats than the actually big animal. I told her she did the same thing. Kids!

​I have nothing on my schedule for today....so far...so I hope to get a jump on the cleaning and laundry. My BF Maureen is coming for the weekend on Friday, and I want to have this place looking presentable. Since there is no karate tonight (belt testing is going on and Blaise is too new for that yet), I need to figure out a real meal. I do have leftovers from the turkey dinner on Saturday.

​Oh...Saturday on their way home from graduation, the car my niece has been driving for the past 4 years, died along the road. Fortunately my nephew was behind them and rescued them. After everyone left from the graduation meal/celebration, my two brothers went up to check out the car. Tom got it started & it got them a little closer to town before it totally died. His friend has a tow truck, and took it back to his place. They are going to strip it of good parts and then scrap it. Now that means Makenzie doesn't have a car to take with her for her new job starting in Aug. She can't afford to go buy a newer car yet since she's not working yet, so that means my brother is going to figure out something for her. He's not happy. Always something!

Time to get busy. Don't work too hard Jostoy! Have a good one all!

Comment

Donna, so thankful that breakdown happened at Home and not on some crazy busy freeway at your niece's new town! And to me, that is a total blessing!
      If your brother can figure out a car deal for her, she will be able to take over payments soon enough.

did I miss Aunt J's birthday!? Yikes! Hope it was happy and filled with family and carrot cake!
      And one more thing, just because I am so cautious of strangers : Google search that woman and do a Facebook search of her just to see what might be out there...
      And I have been one of those crazy lpeople who paid a lot of money for a catalog cake, an online cake and learned a lesson or two. One lesson was a picture of a cake does not necessarily mean it will be that special and the other was a really good cake can serve as the standard for what I am looking for.
      But I have not ordered from the catalog again nor from the online bakery...
      I do need to make an order for you, Donna!!!

Yesterday was a good day and now I am hoping to make this another good one. With a three day weekend coming up it should go well, right?
      On Sunday our Scouts and families participate in putting flags on all Veteran's graves. Then on Monday after 4:00 going back and picking them up. I have new flowers to put out and will get over to the cemetery this week.

I hope you all get your chores done and still have some energy and time left for fun.
      Jostoy, I am going to ask my mowers to lower their blades. After a day or so my lawn looks in need of a mowing again. I know it is probably a problem with having more than one kind of grass in the yard but if I am paying to have it mowed I want it to look like it for a few days!

Comment

Good rainy morning...I also wish that dry pocket would move from you to over me! WE have had several inches of rain in the last two days and it is raining now and into the afternoon. Rain is predicted off and on through the week and next weekend. That is normal for Memorial Day..rain!

Been a soggy weekend inside too...Sierra and the bf are broken up and I cannot believe some of the things her friends are telling her. I am praying she is listening and seeing what others have been seeing. But she is hurt and sad so we are dancing the jig in the dark.

Did not sleep much last night with the rain and humidity messing with my allergies. Why is it that just as soon as the peonies get so tall and big and start to open that we have a pounding rain that beats them down? Every season!! I think the problem with the Martha's is they are getting to much sun because the last couple of days with rain and clouds they have perked up. I still have not gotten the patio tomato planted. Allergies this last week have really sent me behind. this week is full of appointments and tomorrow is my 2 week haircut so I can get through the 2 weeks she is on vacation. I want to get the flowers on my husbands grave before the weekend. They have been in the back seat of my car for several weeks. Then I want to go back and look at the flags this weekend before they remove them. Scott is not coming home between then and now so Jon and I will do it ourselves. it is special when both the boys are here with the grands...then we go out to eat. Since neither of the grands knew him it is a nice meal with questions and stories. Wish they could have known him..he was a character!

Laundry and ironing are all caught up. Spaghetti sauce is on with the last of the meatballs. For the last day of school we will have spaghetti, meatballs, salad and garlic bread. That, next to Thanksgiving, is my grands all time favorite meal. Time to start the day....trying to send some rain to joystoy!

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I take it HE broke up with her? Maybe he was feeling inferior to her? Don't say anything, because they may get back together. I'm glad it's the friends filling her in.

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          I never saw any of that rain yet, Maxie.

Good Morning to all...My morning started off in a rush, was sitting at my computer looked over at the counter where our dock is for charging and saw hubby's cellphone, so I quickly get dressed and run it to him at the office, his phone is his life line....came home to try and deal with a problem with my Kohl's charge card I never received, opened and account in April so I could get better discounts and had still never received a card, and called and was told it is in the mail will be there on the 14th, well that didn't happen, called this morning and he said I will close that account and open a new one and send you a card but that will take up to 6 wks. I say forget it, I will continue using my Discover card like I always do, he proceeded to start telling me all I would miss and I proceeded to tell him what I wouldn't miss, the lousy way they handle business...so my blood pressure just might be up a bit, LOL Especially after yesterday trying to read through and get my accounts set up on line for Medicare, Anthem, AnthemRX, etc. I see that my Remicade alone cost over $11, 000.00 every 6 wks. was trying to find out what the cost will be to me and the place I get it done at...so much to deal with and so many Drs. Makes my head swim...I know things are done for you but I want to understand it all. Have a huge book from Anthem to go through.

Okay enough of my Debbie Downer morning...I have a finger poke this morning, didn't eat any broccoli this week so hopefully all is well...I have to take my list of weeks I will be gone coming up and won't be getting a finger poke...you know as you get older you would hope for less and it is actually more...

Well the telephone is ringing have a great day.
        Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

A quick Good Morning to you all.
          This morning when I was getting up I found that lightheadedness was the start of my day. The wrong move of my head and it’s getting more like dizziness. Side effects of med. Good thing I have my doctor appointment today,. E just got up so I gave him fair warning what is going on with me. It may pass by the time I see the doc, or maybe not. I SO don’t need this. It’s my 3rd “spell” this month.
          I’ve already picked up my new prescription last week. So if my doc changes the dosage, I will ask the pharmacy if they can just “trade”, I’ve not touched the new pills yet. But they probably can’t do that. Oh welll.

I will just post again later if I’m up to it.
          Wishing you all a good day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning.I am out on the bus for an adve8nture heading to Wal-Mart for a few things.

Comment

Hi. We just got home. A wasted day. Saw the NP and discussed my situation. Waited around all afternoon for a blood infusion... my number had dropped far too much since my last appointment, though it’s not in the critical zone yet. None of the other numbers have changed at all. Can’t say whether the dizziness I feel today is from my med, or from internal bleeding. I don’t think it’s the internal thing. May have to have my med doseage reduced.

Why does the hospital drain me so much! I’m tired.

Just got a call confirming an appointment tomorrow morning for that infusion.
              Last edited by JoGee; 05-21-2018, 05:47 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X