Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...May 20th

Good morning everyone.

Went to my neighbor's funeral yesterday. He had fought off cancer for 3 1/2 years. Now he can be with his wife.

Today is S.S. and Church. After that probably lunch out.

Paddy was in New York .

He was patiently waiting and watching the traffic cop on a busy street crossing. The cop stopped the flow of traffic and shouted, 'Okay, pedestrians.' Then he'd allow the traffic to pass.
    He'd done this several times, and Paddy still stood on the sidewalk.
    After the cop had shouted, 'Pedestrians!' for the tenth time, Paddy went over to him and said, 'Is it not about time ye let the Catholics across?'

Last edited by jostoy; 05-20-2018, 06:30 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Umm what's next...I am trying hold it together..I am not doing so well with! First the bad scare with my granny. Her rehab facility found her slumped in a chair..so they rushed her to hospital thinking it was stroke. It wasn't she had some how cutboff her oxygen. She is fine now.

Then on Friday I was let go from my job and when I called to make an appointment to reopen my case for support services I was told they cant get me in til July. So I have to sit for a month waiting.

The the last straw was water in my bedroom late last from a strong storm. I was in back yard at 11 cleaning leaves away from drain and this afternoon I need get back Down in window well and move rocks around make sure drain isn't clogged.

In the mean time I am waiting to see what's next and looking for a place to hide.

Comment

Good dreary morning here from Ohio...and cool temps, I am truly waiting for just nice days...

jostoy, sorry to hear about your neighbor, he gave it a good fight...darn "C" just sneaks up on a person. Also like your reading for the day...funny, and we can all smile at that one.

Bethina, sorry so much is happening for you, did they give you a reason for being let go from your job. I know you said you were not getting a long with someone and was going to do or say something to them...We always have told our own children you will always find people you work with hard to take but you must find a way to get a long, even in life that is true. Guess you are going to have to pay closer attention to drains and other things around your home, it is not easy being an adult, but learn and do we must..

We went to a large flea market yesterday I didn't find anything I couldn't do without, except the waffles and funnel cakes, LOL but I paid the price for that last night, because I had also shared a pork tenderloin with the hubby and curly fries, lets just saw WAY TO MUCH FRIED FOODS!!! And suffer I did, not use to fried foods..we just wanted to get out of the house and not find work to do, we have plenty to do but like hubby said, "we aren't spending our summer just working all the time" he wants to enjoy life, I am all for that...Since it is rather dreary out today I am going to finish the laundry and start preparing for our trip. Already have supper planned so off I go to get the day started, hubby is out of bed now so I can go make the bed, he sure slows me down, LOL...Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Bff they told me and the other lady that was let go it was budget. They could no longer afford to pay part help. Yet they kept one part time person.

morning...already had a thunderstorm this morning and more suppose to arrive later today. I really do not care...yesterday it rained all around us but missed the graduation party. It was nice to see people I had not seen in a long while. The beer was cold but the food not so good...to much vegan stuff. Even the cake was vegan.

Today I have laundry..I know, all I do is laundry for these dirty people! Sharon, I love your husbands attitude about wanting to have fun and now you have the time to do it when you want to take off and go. I remember one day we rode to the lumber yard and ended up driving along the river and counting change to get a drink because he never carried money and I had left my purse at home because we were just going to the lumber yard where he ran a bill. Wish we had had more of those days when he retired.

Beth sorry about your problems but maybe you can sit back and enjoy your month off and something will come up before you see your support service. Try not to stress.

Sun is peeking so guess that will build the fuel for afternoon showers and storms. Hopefully it will wash the air of the pollens that are killing me. Have a wonderful Sunday...do whatever you want!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        kind of cracks me up: beer and vegan! Am I the only one that thinks oxymoron?

Good morning.
      Sunny and hot here again. 🌵
      I slept late again this morning. Got a wonky dizzy spell last night a bit after 10p, so I just went straight to bed. Thank you new med. So that will be reported on Monday (tomorrow) when I see my doctor.

We did watch the royal wedding. It was beautiful, but dragged on so. I’m so glad that I never had a big wedding. I thought the simple dress was beautiful. I thought it looked comfy. So many women pick tighter gowns hoping to look thinner, but then wonder why they feel faint. E said he had another channels view on the other TV, which he will run today for me. I couldn’t take more yesterday.
      I was disappointed that my BFF since 7th grade said she didn’t like the dress, the fit, the flowers, the preacher (ok, he was a long-winded sunnovagun), or the reception (which we didn’t see). I heard it was a big assortment of tapas or finger-foods, and Champaign for 600 guests, then later in the day it would be an elaborate dinner for 200 family and friends. I kept thinking “what’s my BFF’s problem?” Oh well. There was some lovely symbolism in the entire fete, including the dress and veil and all of it.

Well, nothing much going on today. I need a shower today, as we will be going to the Cancer Center early tomorrow.
      We received a nice Thinking of You card from a nephew’s wife, plus pictures of their little boy who just “graduated” from Kindergarten. Where does the time go? Apparently he’s a genius in academics, sports, and socialization with classmates, schoolmates in higher grades, and even the crossing guard. 🙄 He is an only child, at least so far. 😁

Boffler, I don’t do fried foods either any more. I miss the corn dogs and rosettes and stuff. But I try to not think about it.
      My new med, as promised, gave me a 10# weight gain, which I didn’t need. But then I’m not getting as much exercise these days, because I get lower back pain that makes me need to sit, or else dizziness occurs. Can’t win for losing, can we?

I think I have some laundry to do too.

Beth, I think Sharon’s advice is very good.

Now I need to grab something for breakfast and get my shower.
      Hope you all have a great day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I Loved the Royal Wedding!!! The moment ABC started their coverage I knew I was with my people!
        The Flowers!!!! Were over the top! One of the British guests who spoke with ABC said the smell of the flowers was the first thing you noticed as you approached the archway into the chapel. White roses for Princess Diana and peonies!!! and her bouquet had forget-me-nots as they were Diana's favorite flower of all. What I loved about the dress for the ceremony was how classic and Audrey Hepburn/Guinevere it was. They had shown some of Meghan's casual look clothes that were not princess-y and one was a tee shirt with the same bateau neckline...Yay for her to wear what she knows she likes and looks good in! Even her hair was in that loose knot at the back with a tendril coming loosely off the side...
        I saw a picture of the reception dress which was by Stella McCartney but I did not watch any of the reception. I have a 20/20 that aired last night recorded.
        The Music!!! That soprano who sang them in was angelic! All I can say (you hope, right?) about the sweet purity of her notes.
        Ok, I will quit, not because I have nothing more to say but because I don't want to be annoying (too late, Paula). And that veil was the BEst part of all I loved about the gown!

So Good Sunday morning to you all!
        After the wedding we went to Trader Joes and I did find peonies and bought two bunches. Pink and pale pink...I came home put them in a white enamel old pitcher and they look so pretty. ot much smell, though. I guess they were greenhouse and not produced for fragrance? But I am not complaining.
        Macy's was good because we just looked at clothes and bought only at the Clinique counter and only for what we went for!

I made Swedish meatballs for our dinner today. Becky made a banana cake with a cream cheese frosting REgular salad and regular green beans and mashed potatoes will be the rest. I didn't think of rolls because I am trying to cut down on carbs and rolls and butter just call out to me.

I told Beth my advice last night but I totally agree with use the month you have to explore any options and preferences for a job that appeals to her. We always told our kids that if there was a job they really wanted to volunteer if there were no openings and let them see their work ethic. Also, now that we have so much information online, Beth, it would be a good thing to check out any place around you and have good information to show in an interview that you are interested enough in them to look them up. Ask those around you what they think your strengths are and think of how those strengths would be a good fit for a job. And don't just ask us or your family, ask your bible study group and those at the place you volunteer. Maybe the woman who helps you can help do a mini resume...

Becky found out online this morning that the hardest class (theory of Politicalblahblah blah) that she got an A-!!! She was hoping really hard for a B. She got 100% on her final and that brought her to the A-.

Yesterday before we shopped I watched my granddaughter Rylie's State Championship Rugby game online. On my phone..jBoy! I thought my mother could yell at the tv...my DNA was coming in strong yesterday. Or maybe it just took me back to all the Little League and soccer games I attended for our 4 kids. Just like riding a bike! Cheering them on and yelling opposition came right back to me.

Ok, I hope you all have a great day! Sharon, I have never had a funnel cake but I really want one! With strawberries and whipped cream. I need to go to some good fairs, or something. Like Maxie, I remember those spur of the moment little side trips and miss them a lot. Something as small as after daycare wanting to go to Redding to Barnes and Noble and just read their magazines while Gary looked through History books and Biographies...because he would drive and it was just so relaxing...

Sending a hug and a prayer for all of you!

Comment

Working...
        X