Sunny Saturday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Saturday!

Sun just popped out after a day of rain yesterday so I am going to be very fast in calling it sunny..before it disappears again!

I was up at 4:30 when the workers were stirring around getting ready to leave then went back to bed. No reason for me to be up that early! When Jon gets home this afternoon we will head out to a graduation party. Sierra will also be off but has opted to spend her time with her bf and that is fine because I really do not want him with us. Andrew goes back to school Monday then is finished. He is ready and I am ready to go off a schedule. Grandma's need summer vacation too! Local tv station does a seasonal outlook of the weather and this summer will be hot and cool, wet and dry...so there you go with planning events. And yet I watch every season because you just never know...

Still not feeling great but better than yesterday. Need to dig out something to wear this afternoon, find the card I bought. Hope the sun is shining on each and every one of you today!

Good dreary Morning. No sun here & rain drops fall occasionally.

​Yesterday was super productive and I got it all done with time to spare. Even got a nap & some time to read. I wrote out a list of all the items I needed to either make or prep and crossed them off as I went. Baked 3 pies...2 for a customer and a pumpkin pie for today. I had everything ready so that I just had to stuff the turkey this morning. Corky got home an hour sooner than expected, so he took Blaise to karate and I got to go to my Aunt P's to play cards and be there on time.

​Wasn't a completely pleasant evening. We tease, pick at each other, and laugh, but my Aunt P kept picking on her daughter and finally my cousin just snapped. They weren't partners, so my aunt just needed to stay out of my cousin's business and cards, and she just can't help herself. I just kind of blow my aunt off and don't let it bother me, but I'm not around here every day. Then the bickering stresses my Mom out.

​This morning I got the bird stuffed & in the roaster before we headed out to some garage sales. I found a lg Pampered Chef round baking stone and got it for $4. I was thrilled! I have 6 already and this will give us another one to put cookies on. We swore the one neighborhood that you HAD to have girls, or you couldn't live there. All the clothes & toys were girls. LOL! Now to get busy making the rest of the turkey dinner. Dinner is at 4:30 at my brother's. I told her I'd cook it all if she'd have it at their house because I didn't want to have to clean.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Oh, I hear you about finding that card, maxie! I bought two graduation cards in Salt Lake at Papyrus to save for this December when Becky graduates...I have them in a drawer and hope I remember them and do not make the one run its batteries out. It is a dog that has a graduation mortarboard on and has lights and plays Pomp and Circumstance....in barking! We are dog people and I couldn't resist. Especially at 40% off.

I woke up but did not get up to watch the Wedding. I have had the tv on since 6:30 and have seen all the replay and can't wait to watch and Fast Forward through some and then rewind through other parts. One British woman who was inside the chapel said the smell of all the flowers was what she will always remember. Peonies and white roses were the main flowers in an arch all the guests walked under to enter the chapel.

I have one appointment this morning and then it will be Walmart and going to REdding to Trader Joe's and Macy's. I told Becky I am going even if she decided not to; I have not been up to REdding for months . But we are both going.

We went swimming after daycare yesterday. the water was cool, but as soon as I got my shoulders under the water it was just Refreshing!

I have new sheets and need to wash them and then changing out my bed.
      Sunny here and in the 80's.

I hope you all have a good day and stay well and happy.

Hugs to you , Beth!

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula A....I had two wake up call..lol...
        I did...I had my t.v. on at 5am...I watch the whole thing...I really like Megan Mom hat...It was pretty...I liked it...
        Then George wife..She wore that yellow dress.WOW.!!!

Good morning Maxie, and all to come. (And to whoever might be typing with me and posting before I'm done.)

A hot sunny day here, too. Still in the mid 90's. 🌵

I thought everyone would be watching the royal wedding this morning. E taped it, so I'll see it later when he gets up.
      I can't operate our stupid TV. I don't understand having to use two almost identical controls, and for what each is needed.
      He has taped it on two TVs, just in case our major TV service screws up again. It's not funny to watch the picture de-pixelate (is that a word?) before your eyes....it melts away and so does the sound. We have two service company choices here, and the quality of service does not differ. Our neighbor's have had Dish, but they didn't keep it for very long at all.
      So, anyway, I'll see the tape later. I've seen a couple of news media photos already.

No big plans today. I may order a couple more tops to wear when we go visit relatives in MI.

We have two girls graduating HS next week. My girls let me know it's an outdoor ceremony, and "a million degrees" to sit in for so long, so they won't expect us to go and sit through that. BTDT, and don't need the heat.
      A 3rd GD just got her nursing pin in a nursing ceremony, and is working on a 2nd bachelors degree.....she wants to get into medical research, actually. So we were told the day after her ceremony.

Well, I guess I'll get my breakfast.
      I wish you all a beautiful day! 🤗
      Last edited by JoGee; 05-19-2018, 10:24 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, had a bit of sunshine for about a half hour, guess they are calling for rain today, could use it on the freshly planted garden..

Maxie, glad you are feeling a little better today, sometimes just the doom and gloom of life can make us ill, hope you have an enjoyable day.

Donna, dislike the stress of those situations also, especially when I would love to chime my two cents worth in.. Just makes it to tense for everyone else, someone needs to set that woman straight and even though in a teasing manner it still sticks with a person.

My morning has been searching through and getting all of this medicare straightened out as we will be gone when the change takes effect so I must get it handled now, different accounts set up on line, card numbers in, etc., etc. will be going with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield for RX but since I had an account with them already through hubby's work I have to totally set up a new one. So much to read and take care of..to be honest, I just want a lazy day, staying in comfy clothes and ordering food. Just feeling tired, lazy, etc. Need to get things around for our trip also...looking forward to some beach time and sitting on the deck hearing the waves crash love it even more at night..

Well time to get moving and at least get my shower, LOL I'm sure my plans will change as the day goes on..Hoping for a good day for all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

I don't want to be Debbie downer...but I am feeling sorry for for myself today. I was let go from my job yesterday.

I have a possible job lead but am not getting my hopes up.

I did have decent lunch yesterday it was my friends birthday...Her dad came to town to spend her birthday with her..a group of 23 of us went to lunch and her father surprised all of us buying our lunch. It was a great treat.

Comment

That is sad news about your job, Beth. I'm sorry that had happened.
            I hope the job lead will work out. Just be sure to go in there smiling, with an I-can-do-this attitude. Because you can.
            Even if you don't get the job, another (perhaps better) opportunity will open up for you. Good luck to you.

Sounds like your friend had quite a party. The free lunch was a big plus. 😄
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X