Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday...May 19th

Good morning everyone.

​Got my injection, and then on to the derm Doc. He zapped 5 places on arms and ear. The spot on my right temple had to be cut out. Said he didn't think it was cancerous, but will send it off anyway to make sure.

​So much for a day of rest today. I have to go out to E's to make her a "small tomato patch" at the back garage door. It will only entail skimming off the sod then digging down deeper into the soil to loosen it up so the tomato roots can spread out a bit. I already have 2 small bags of garden dirt here to put in and around the soil to help keep the grass down. What is left over, I'll either put in her large flower thingy in the front, or she can use it in her pots.

​Best get off here and get things gathered up to do my "good deed" for the day.

Hope all have a good day today. We are suppose to have rain today. We'll see if this prediction comes true. The other days didn't.
    Last edited by jostoy; 05-18-2018, 07:05 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning! Yesterday turned out to be gorgeous even though they called for rain. Cork even got the lawn mowed.

​Yesterday after coming home from Bible study I did nothing productive. Actually sat and watched 2 episodes of Bull I had recorded. I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. Picked Blaise up from school a tiny bit early so we'd beat the buses. Took him for his counseling appt and then Arby's for dinner. We decided to switch Blaise to a male counselor...now we wait. Stopped at Sharp Shopper and got 24 more boxes of the fudge mix for $1.49. Don't know if I'll make a single batch of fudge, but I sure will use all the ingredients separately in other baking goodies.

​Once I got home I finally had some energy, so I put the finishing touches on the 4 remaining batches of cookies. Amazing how much you can get done quickly once you have energy. My brother Ray stopped by to drop off a few things and we had a nice long chat. I love my brothers...well...my family. I feel sorry for families that don't get along and aren't there for each other. Then Kathy called and we had a very nice long chat. She cried. She was very remorseful for the awful things she did to us as a teenager. Our mortality is beginning to hit her and she wants to make things right. The lack of a relationship with her Dad really bothers her. Cork can hold a grudge forever, which is sad...I can't.

​Today's To-Do list is long, but not hard. Prepping for tomorrow's turkey dinner and have to bake 3 pies this morning. My niece MIGHT come for some "bread therapy" this afternoon. I like to get the girls away from their mom and have a nice chat occasionally. We'll make cottage cheese bread. Might make some into dinner rolls for tomorrow's dinner. Will take Blaise for karate and then going to my Aunt P's to play cards tonight with her, her daughter, and my Mom. She's making her homemade pizza......YUM!!!!

​Oh....I got an email for a lady who wants to order 12 pies for her daughter's wedding reception in June!

​Have a good one all! Jostoy....you amaze me! Don't over do it. Are gas has creeped up to $3.19/gal. What gets me is that it's only $2.96 where Kathy lives, so I get filled up when dropping off Blaise. Now how can there be such a big price difference only minutes away to the next town? Our car registration here in PA is $37

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      If I post your car registration cost it just might cause an uprising!

Good morning to all, a cloudy one right now and a might nippy out...but supposed to be a nice day...

The garden is almost all planted, potatoes, onions, 2 kind of tomatoes, green peppers, and red peppers, today will be green beans the bush type. I have a desire for some white half runners, the kind of remember from growing up in KY I have tried ordering them before but what others call half runners are not it, BUT my sweet cousin in KY is sending me some seeds to plant, should get them today or tomorrow, they are a pole bean, can't wait, sure hope they grow and produce for me..oh my a mess of white half runner green beans, fried chicken, dumplings, cornbread, not the greatest health wise but oh so good..

Was thinking yesterday what has happened to Darla, I loved reading her post...

Maxie, have not received my 'get rid of wasp thingy' yet but yesterday there has been carpenter bees boring in our deck so I used a large brown lunch bag, stuffed it with plastic grocery bags and tied it with twine and hung it from the railing and the carpenter bee buzzed around but did not land, going to watch for a few more days to see if it disappears..

Hubby has been working hard in the yard and garden everything is looking great...this time of year requires a lot of mowing and trimming...haven't opened the pool yet, will probably wait until we get back from our vacation to St. Augustine.

Kabobs yesterday tasted so good, made a marinade with barbecue sauce, orange marmelade, crushed garlic, and crushed red pepper...so good. I have menus planned and other quick things in freezer if I don't feel like cooking... I put some ideas on yesterdays post..

jostoy, give the back a rest or you get what you get, PAIN IN THE BACK!! Sit back an enjoy life a bit..Brian is going to be in Martinsville and already has plans to meet up with a few friends and have a Monicals pizza, wish he could bring one back guess Doug and I will just have to make a plan to travel there and get one ourselves, LOL...

Donna it is a real shame that Cork can't forgive even though he may not forget, neither will you, but they are your children no matter what age one can only hope that she could change enough to show him that she has grown up a bit....

Well I have already gathered the trash and have it ready to roll out to the curve but it is 9:00 a.m. and hubby is still sleeping...one of these days he is going to miss the trash man....I could get dressed and do it but then again that is his responsibility...

Well time to finish my coffee and get this day truly started...I am a morning person get more done in the mornings, he is not, he is an afternoon/evening person...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Exterminator was here yesterday and really sprayed the porch thoroughly. He said bees, wasps and ants are horrible this year. If you are happy with the waspy thing I will order one for the patio. They just leisurely fly by and inflect terror! Time to pay them back...

Good morning.
    Yesterday was nice, but today will be nicer. It will be only 92° out today (by this time next week we will be in the 100°‘s again. And summer hasn’t officially begun.

We did eventually go out shopping yesterday, and started with picking up my prescription. Then we went to the children’s unit at the hospital to drop off the toys (all still like new!). But nobody was manning the desk there. So we went down the road to the Cancer Center. E took the toys in to the unit I go to, and asked the receptionist Mike ((who we’ve gotten to know by now) if he would take care of seeing that the toys got to the sick children. He said he would find where the donations should go, or else drop them off at the MacDonald House.

With the closing of the Sears stores, I knew KMart would have reduced prices. Sure enough. I tried on some capris, and got 2 pair. Sure enough, I’m a size larger now. The pants could probably use hemming, seeing as I have gotten shorter with age. Does that make the pants “clam diggers” instead of “capris”? I forget which is longer. After being on my feet 30 minutes, my lower back started aching, so I asked E to pay for them while I sat at an empty cashiers space. We had a late lunch after that, but my back was still uncomfortable. So we headed home. E remembered that we needed eggs, so he stopped and picked up some, enroute. Neither one of us was hungry for supper last night. We watched TV a bit, read a bit, then went to bed. When I put on my nightie I noticed that my ankles AND my legs were swollen. Not sure if it’s from the walking I did, or if the restaurant had lots of hidden salt in the food. I had a veggie omelette.

So that was my day. Nothing scheduled for today. I’m not going to push myself today, but do what I can. My crochet bag is such a nice distraction. I’m a lot slower at crocheting now, as my hands have a touch of arthritis, but I can hope that the effort will help my fingers be more flexible. Aging sucks!

Cookie, I’m glad to hear that Kathy is turning around, becoming an adult in attitude as well as age. One of my GD’s had cheesecake pies at her wedding. They looked nice. My son had made pie stands at various heights to display the cheesecakes. But they were hardly touched, and he was begging people to take a pie home. I was surprised how many people don’t like them. But they would probably have been better if they were fruit topped instead of plain. If they were simply fruit and/or cream pies I could see them going better. Happy baking!

Joystoy, please don’t overdo!

Well, let’s see how many have posted while I was typing and making my tea.
    Have a wonderful day, everyone. 🤗
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, good morning! I can't believe how fast tis week has gone! Last Friday I was up and packing and going to the airport...

boffler, I love the sound of your marinade! My autocorrect always changes the o in baffler to an a...

all the talk of garden planting is giving me garden envy. Right now I am concentrating on getting the yard and play area fixed up. I need new sand and hopefully, I will get that this weekend. But the big thing that has to get done is my gate. My friend fixed it but in fixing it, it doesn't open from the outside, only from inside the back yard and very hard for me to open. It just isn't what it needs to be...

Donna, tell Kathy to just keep on trying with her dad: showing up and doing things with Blaise, being consistent and expressing to him (cards?) how she feels. Some hurts are deep enough that it takes a little more time to heal. And I really think prayer is one of the key elements to forgiveness...to find it for ourselves and to give it to others.

Jo, you guys ere busy! I know the toys will be appreciated. My niece with the special needs toddler really sings the praises of the Ronald McDonald house they used in Salt Lake and all the things that were there for the families. I wish we had one around here that I could take meals into.

Have a good day and take a break form all the work you guys do!

Comment

Morning...raining. Have no idea what the weather forecast is but for now it is rain. The grass did not get finished because the mower stopped. Sierra is not a gardener and cuts poorly but she was out there with her dad and trying when the mower stopped. Yesterday he and Sierra had to go to school and sign papers for her residency status and take in forms for her grant and she had nails in two tires. She is driving through two road construction areas going to and from work so anything could have happened. It is like we are the bad news bears around here.

You know, I made it through the entire winter without a cold or the flu or even a hangnail and now these allergies are killing me! My ear is clogged and my head stuffed and I have the blahs. The spot the derma made on my nose the other day has been rubbed off so now I wear a band-aid...very pretty.

School took the kids to the movies yesterday and Andrew saw Wonder or something and was impressed by it. Sierra says she has also seen it and was moved...I will wait for it to come on tv but if something got through to Drew it must have had a punch. Today is school fun day and I do not know why those kids had to get up every morning this week because he has done nothing. His desk is cleaned by the junk he brings in every night but he has to go back all day Monday. He swam again after school and said the water was a lot warmer...74*...that is not warm to me!

Tomorrow when Jon gets home we are heading out to my nephews graduation party. They have a cabin on a lake and party will be at the pavilion there so I do not need to dress up but do need to dig out something other than the 3 pair of capris I am wearing every day. My brother had sent a text saying all 4 of us would be there together tomorrow. Getting my brothers and sister together in the same room does not happen often anymore. I know exactly what you are saying, cookie, about families. We get along and can count on each other...I have one sil who is a pain but we tolerate her without family turmoil. Everyone knows how close my sister and I are.

Guess I will get another cup of coffee then start laundry. Lots of news on tv this morning...evidently another school shooting. Well another day another kid killed but big deal...politicians and DC are more worried about their own good will, pocket lining and power. Money and lies. Sad.

Off to shower...have a good day.

Comment

good afternoon and will hope this post. yesterday I tried and tried but nothing would stick. Darn

been a sort of busy day around here for me. I stripped the bed ,washed the blanket and sheet /pillowcases and hung outside to dry. will smell heavenly tonight. also make a pot of spagetti sauce. Karen wants to make lasagnas on Sunday and uses my homemade sauce. routine other cleaning and for once David did not ask to GO somewhere.

Jostoy, you are welcome to drop in to visit. I have a strip of dirt along the side of house where I have planted marigolds for years. However, this year I cannot get down and work on my knees. I will have to ask one of the boys to help. David can't do it either. this getting old and having bad back and bad knees is sure a bunch of crap!.

Sharon I too am a morning person, can work great , need an afternoon quick snooze and then sometimes get burst of energy about 4-5pm. A left over habit from piano lesson days I guess. I did mention I am completely retired from teaching now. I sure miss having the kids tho', but like my evenings free.

hi to you all. let me see if this will post

Comment

Hi Janet... I miss your posts when you can't get it in.
            Yeah, tell me about old age. I didn't expect bad knees, lower back, energy, etc, etc., at my age. Maybe another 10 years from now. At this rate I'll soon be joining the ranks of those needing that afternoon nap.
            And E, 5 yrs older than me, does the carrying of packages and groceries, driving me everywhere because I can't, the heavier chores I used to do, and so on.

I think I need a spurt of energy. Making shredded chicken for sandwiches for supper today. It'll go with a green salad.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X