Good Tuesday Morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning, time to rise and shine, well at least rise...

Sun is coming out right now, but more rain is predicted...at this rate may never get my garden planted, way to wet and muddy. It was a humdinger last night, lots of lightening which I really, really don't like and even though I just said the sun is coming out I now see to the north that it is very dark so it will be heading this way.

Friend called yesterday and will be in town for a Drs. appt. and wanted to know if I would be home, she is coming by after her appt. will be good to catch up...she said she has something that belonged to her Mom she wants to give to me, her Mom was my best friend for many years and her death has left a void in my life big time..

Finger poke went great yesterday, sure glad no more belly shots, my stomach is black and blue from them and they sting for a long time afterwards.. So will be very, very careful about the greens I eat and amounts..darn!!

Maxie I am posted this link again for you this morning, this works like a charm to keep wasp and bees away and it looks better than hanging a large lunch bag filled with shredded paper...so here it is:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...SABEgKO7fD_BwE

Time to find a bite to eat, and get dressed, hubby is still sleeping so bed making will have to wait..Have a good day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good SUNNY Morning! I know rain is on it's way like yesterday, but I'm going to enjoy it while it's here. The lilac is gorgeous and smells heavenly out there.

​Yesterday was good....very productive. Got laundry done and all put away, which doesn't always happen. The major project was cleaning Blaise's room. I still need to mops his floor, but that's on today's agenda. Stripped beds and got them put back together. Worked on the living room too. Never did get to the paperwork, but that's alright. Took Blaise to karate.

​Normally when I get the guys both to bed, I bake, but not last night. I'm reading a book that's actually grabbed my interest and I read until 11pm. Had a really nice chat with my niece that's GRADUATING college on Saturday. My SIL is so sure she's going to fail her math class & not graduate. I'm their cheerleader. My niece is fairly confident she's passing by the skin of her teeth, but she'll graduate. We talked about the dinner I'm making for her celebration...Thanksgiving! The whole works. She has such a heart for kids and will be a wonderful middle school (6th grade) English teacher.

​Today I plan to do a little bit more cleaning. I've got several cookie recipes I want to make & bake. Need to make up 2 cookie platters. Need to cook a real meal since I won't be for the next couple of nights.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Well, darn! The home nurse just called and is on her way. Will have to check in later.

Have a good day, in case I don't get back.

Comment

Good morning! We may get thunder storms here or near...It will be in the 80's all week and that is great! I want to get some new pool noodles and try the pool this weekend, if not sooner.

Becky didn't get home until 8:30 last night. Her only final yesterday was at 6:00pm! It was her hardest, too, so she was glad to get it done: Political theory of Western civilization...ugh. She has also decided to intern again at the legal clinic. both supervisors said they would schedule all staff inservice and meetings around her class schedule if she would consider staying on and mentoring others on how she does intake information (letters from prisoners requesting research on their cases).

I put together a lamp I ordered from Amazon last night. I needed one for a corner in the living room and had looked all over and finally found one I liked that didn't cost over 200.00 ! It took longer to clean up all the Styrofoam pieces that were clinging to everything than it did to put the lamp together.

Sharon, I am glad the appointment and pokes are ok and done for awhile. You have an awesome attitude and are such an example to me!
        I was upset half the day after I saw a video my one DIL posted about Her mother for Mother's Day and all I go twas a text Happy Mother's Day. See? I could get myself into a dump over it again, but I am going to think positive and get busy doing something.
        anyway, You All make my day so much better!

Stay well, happy and keep posting!

Comment

good morning .

I found out the secret of why my post sometimes don't want to stick. My punctuation was wrong. i corrected all errors in the post yesterday and it went on without question. I did not realized we had an English teachers grading us. (Was Elaine an English teacher? if so, she will clobber me. ha.)

my knee that I had twisted Saturday is finally feeling a bit better but not to be trusted yet. I will be doubly careful from now on. I do not want to have a knee operation if it can be avoided. taking care of David is a full time job in many ways anymore. I'm always afraid he will fall and not be able to get back up. he is getting "wobbly" more and more.

Paula. I too have DIL issues that I have decided I must just ignore. I let it bother me after Christmas until I was advised I was only making ME miserable. This lady is son's second wife who was single a long long time and never learnt how to "talk" to a Mother in law. so, I will just ignore and or slug her someday. .

better get moving . David is in the middle of a nap. He must have got up really early. See you all later

Comment

Good morning,
            Yesterday we still had big winds in the afternoon. I feel the allergies more than before, these days, even if I don’t go outside. But my eyes are slowly clearing up ....guess that means Mother Nature will stop with the winds soon.
            Looking at 97° today., but is sunny with no clouds. Expecting a nice day.
            Speaking of clouds..... there’s a very old song titled “”buttermilk skies”” that never made much sense to me. Then one day in recent years I looked up and saw a sky full of clouds that did actually look curdled. I thought it was a pretty sight to see. But now I’ have forgotten the song, except for the title and the notes 🎶 accompanying just those words. 😄🙄

Am getting more stuff cleared out of my craft room. Got a start on books. I have 2 girls who want crochet books/patterns. Not sure about crafts, but a granddaughter likes art ideas so would probably like art books. Need to ask her. E found boxes of stuff pushed into the nether corners of the garage, and so I’m dividing that up by who I know will honestly appreciate them. (I have one girl who is the worst pack rat I’ve seen. I thought my mom was bad about saving stuff". I try to limit what DD gets to what will REALLY be of use to her.)

Got a hospital call to confirm my appointment for next week. Usually they call 2-3 days ahead. Now they call a week ahead. I’m hoping they don’t put a bone biopsy on my schedule anytime soon. But I know that one will be due eventually.

Yesterday I put meatballs & BBQ sauce and some honey in the crockpot. Boy they were good! Had that with pickled beets and loaded mashed potatoes. Would have added corn, but my body won’t digest it any more. Will probably add corn to E’s plate tonight with the leftovers.
            Might work in a salad today.

Well, I’ am still enjoying my mocha this morning. When I’m done I’ll get dressed and get back to sorting stuff, and other chores.

Have a great day!
            Last edited by JoGee; 05-15-2018, 09:18 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Missed you while checking in. Good morning and those meatballs sound delish! I will have to try them...pickled beets you can keep!

• Aunt Maye
              Aunt Maye commented
              Editing a comment
              Ole Buttermilk Sky
              Hoagy Carmichael
              Ole buttermilk sky
              I'm a-keeping my eye peeled on you
              What's the good word tonight
              Are you gonna be mellow tonight?
              Ole buttermilk sky
              Can't you see my little donkey and me?
              We're as happy as a Christmas tree
              Headin' for the one I love
              I'm gonna pop her the question, that question
              Do you, darling do you, do?
              It'll be easy, so easy
              If I can only bank on you
              Ole buttermilk sky
              I'm a-tellin' you why, now you know
              Keep it in mind tonight
              Keep a-brushin' those clouds from sight
              Ole buttermilk sky
              Dont'cha fail me when I'm needin' you most
              Hang a moon above her hitchin' post
              Hitch me to the one I love
              It'll be easy, so easy
              Ole Buttermilk Sky
              Hoagy Carmichael
              Ole buttermilk sky
              I'm a-keeping my eye peeled on you
              What's the good word tonight
              Are you gonna be mellow tonight?
              Ole buttermilk sky
              Can't you see my little donkey and me?
              We're as happy as a Christmas tree
              Headin' for the one I love
              It'll be easy, so easy
              Ole buttermilk sky
              I'm a-tellin' you why, now you know
              Keep it in mind tonight
              Keep a-brushin' those clouds from sight
              Ole buttermilk sky
              Dont'cha fail me when I'm needin' you most
              Hang a moon above her hitchin' post
              Hitch me to the one I love

Morning! Sunny but storms possible this afternoon. Yesterday they came through with a wind surge that was amazing. All the dirt and debris and I know a ton of pollen flew down the street and made the air grey. The bulk of the severe weather we missed and got a nice rain after the wind came through. When Jon took Andrew home he called to tell me to warn Sierra a tree was down at the bottom of the hill and she would have to maneuver around it...maybe she would want to come home in daylight. Which she did not. Oh well..

Andrew came in and saw the pool open and jumped in. That water had to be cold but no matter to him...guess he is right. On an 90+ day you jump in the pool. Discovered we also need new pool noodles but the first thing he dug out was the snorkel and mask. He stayed in about an hour and then the storms moved in. Good summer after school for him!

Not cooking today because I will be gone before the kid gets off the bus. Have to take my nose into the derma later this afternoon so hope the afternoon storms hold off until I get home. Yesterday the gal who called with the appointment reminder left a message and I should have saved it. She stumbled through the words, got the time wrong and actually yawned at the end...AND this was first thing in the morning. Good thing she left a message because I would have told her how awful she was in a person to person call. People are becoming so rude and a robo call would have served that doctor much better. Hope she was not the supervisor because she needed supervising!

The vacuum really really needs to be run. The house needs a good dusting but I am reading and not wanting to get up. I really do not need my glasses to read so maybe I should remove them and not see the dirt on the floor. Last night we ate our leftovers off of paper plates.

Cookie, Thanksgiving sound yummy! I normally always have a turkey breast or two in the freezer and have been known to make Thanksgiving in the summer. No pumpkin pie but everything else. Elaine, hope the visiting nurse leaves early and you can start your day. Sharon will look those up. The exterminator is coming Thursday but from what I am hearing the bees and wasp and ants are horrible everywhere this year. The pool is up so now time to get to work on the porch...you remember our lifetime project! Paula good for Becky. How proud you have to be!

Time to start the day...maybe with another cuppa on the patio and look at the grass that still needs mowed. I used to keep a perfect yard and cut the grass as often as it needed but here life is different. Boy is it different! Saturday my baby niece ask if I lived by myself and I told her I lived with Jon and she said he should live with me. Funny how different life would be if he lived with me and not me with him...means a lot when it comes to control, ya know?

Happy day everyone!!

Comment

Working...
            X