Good Sunday Morning to all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday Morning to all

Good Morning, the sun is shining and supposed to be a nice day, sure hope so, longing to just go out on the deck and sit...

Yesterday was a bust, started feeling really weird first thing in the morning, had the chills and my temp was so low it wouldn't register on a thermometer, and it just progressed from there, sick to my stomach, chills, and eventually a temp, and losing my supper...just a bad day. Thankfully this morning, so far, I feel fine, just a little 'weak' feeling...such a strange experience.

I had really wanted to go visit my Uncle before he makes his move to IN today, we had planned on going to a fish fry together, hated I had to cancel. He has lived in Ohio since he was a young man, now at 77 he is making the move, better for him. Since losing his wife and brother within a short span of time, almost losing his own life, remarrying he is ready for peace and quiet..

I want to clarify something, I love my husband dearly and he me, but I hate someone constantly standing by telling me what, why or how I should or should not do something..I like positive thinking, he is to negative...like I said I wanted to plant some planter buckets on my own for tomatoes and peppers because each year I want them and they die out in that garden, three years in a row, so his thought and saying is, "why should I plant a garden then"? Well because just in case everything should die like it has for the past three years...I just want to do things without his opinions, I let him do his thing, I want to do mine, if I screw up then so be it...like how I want to decorate inside. We do everything together, he helps me all the time and looks out for me, but he worked all those years and I was use to taking care of myself, going to Drs. appts. alone, etc. and driving myself...I use to drive all over the place without a second thought, since he does all the driving now when we travel I have lost confidence in myself.. There is no other person I want to do things with as much as I do him, and we do and we get along fine...no problems there...I am just putting him in his place, letting him know I will not tolerate him looking over me all the time. If you have ever been around us you would see, I have a very funny nature he is the polar opposite..

Well enough about Sharon & Doug, LOL....I want to decide something easy on the stomach to cook on the grill today, I am in the mood for grilling.

I hope we all get some sunshine and joy in our lives...have a great day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning Sharon and all who enter.

Just want to say...Sharon and Doug do get along and are fun to be with. Where Sharon does a "belly laugh", Doug does a smile and rarely laughs out loud. They are usually a "well oiled" machine in doing things together. Just back you up , Sharon, but only when I see the need.

​Well I will be "missing in action" this whole week. Tomorrow I head for Fort Wayne to do some things for my Sister-in-law. Will hopefully get those things done in a couple of days so she and I can just enjoy. Do want to go to my brothers grave 1 of those days. She had the tomb stone put up last year. Although I was sent pictures, I would like to see it in person.

Well it is time to get a bite to eat then get ready for Church. Everyone behave themselves, this is REALLY meant for Sharon and Maxie, and have a good day.

DID NOAH FISH?

A Sunday school teacher asked, 'Johnny, do you think Noah did a lot of fishing when he was on the Ark ?'

'No,' replied Johnny. 'How could he, with just two worms?'

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

Sharon, patience and time will sort this thing out. Just keep on laughing together and all will be well.
      jostoy, try to be careful and not overdo. I knows that is not your way, however.

I hear people on TV all the time saying that marriage is work. John may agree with that, but this marriage has never been work for me. Never an argument or disagreement in all these years. I look around this house everyday and thank God for all that John has created for us. And I tell him EVERYDAY how much I love and adore him. I can get out of sorts with the cat, however.

Well, on to church. Have my dessert ready.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Good morning.. yesterday morning was ok..yesterday afternoon was great! The morning was just hang out at my sisters...in the after my sis my my mom my niece and I went to Fresh thyme an organic grocery store. Yesterday even was spent at home alone with my cat. I am a little bit mad at the cat..right she needs her claws trimmed but in mean time has unused my arms as scratching post!

Comment

I forgot to mention while were all at my sister's my dad decided on his own to begin cleaning out their barn to make a spot for my nieces new to her little car..well he managed to take a fall in the barn 😑😐 I just called hoping to get a hold of them before they left for church..well daddy wasn't able to go church and will more than likely be going foxrays after church. Good thoughts and prayers for dad are appreciated
          Last edited by bethina; 04-29-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

good morning

been up since 4am ..that is the time the Tv goes on, the cat gets yelled at .. and sometimes i smell coffee.... Sharon are you reading this???????

,,,, David and I such opposite personalities in so many ways... I am the People person.. chat to people .. enjoy most group activities. had all those piano students ,and their parents.. for years. go to all the school functions etc.. David went to work. watches tv.. and likes ONE to One conversations.. he so enjoyed talking with Elaines husband John. but I had to push him to take the trip to "strangers" house. ,,, BUT we have things alike.. both of us are "on-time " people. and we both watch how money is spent. (carefully).. he picked the cars , I picked the household furnishings. after he retired, it took a while to
            get him out of the house ,, stop arranging things.. ...One thing i did,, I stayed completely out of the garage.. no mowing. no weeding. I get a few flowers planted.he sprays for bugs. fixes the driveway. etc etc etc... as he gets older is starting to mess with the kitchen stuff a little more. so I sometimes can't find the dish I want. but He is 86.. so we made it work... not always perfectly but. almost 68 years later.. we are still together.

Not going to church.D. had a bad day yesterday . upset stomach, bathroom issues.. so is kind of weak and wobbly today... hoping to see granddaughter with baby Elsie. later in the day..

Hi Bethina,
            and all you lovely ladies..

Comment

Morning! Sunny and cold. The weatherman really blew this weekend. It has been sunny but yesterday only into the 60s and last night in the 30s! Can you imagine? Just a couple of days from May and temps in the 30s! Suppose to warm up into the 70s and 80s this week but we have heard that before.

Spent a fortune on plants and flowers then only planted the 2 shrubs around the back shed. When I heard temps in the 30s for last night I was afraid to put flowers out. Will keep them watered and warm and plant this week. Poor babies should not get a chill being moved from their warm little pots. There must be some type of summer conspiracy around here.

Received a frantic call from Scott yesterday and he was one day back at work after hurting his ankle and tripped in a hole in the yard while cutting grass. So he was back in the ER last night. Not broken but sure did not help it any and is back on crutches and now needs to go on leave from work to get it healed. This has not been his month. Sierra is all better and I am back to hating bf with a full vengeance. OMG! how did she find this loser jerk? I blame mommy dearest because she was so miserable at home with her that she picked the first person nice to her. By the time mommy moved and Sierra was back with us we were stuck with this bf. There is just no reason for this person to be using up any part of the world's oxygen supply. I wish you could spend 10 minutes with him to see I am not exaggerating his worthlessness.

Well, anyway. Jon and ANdrew have baseball practice this morning and I think he wants me to cook green beans and potatoes but I think I will save that for tomorrow. I have laundry and ironing and when you work outside the kitchen seems to become a huge dumping place. Afternoon ball game. Need to water the pots of flowers and assure them warmer weather will be coming and we are all in this together in needing warm sun on our heads. The kids next door have moved out and Jon says his old neighbor Pam is moving back into her house. She has been traveling as a visiting nurse all across the country and will be back permanently in July to start work on her masters in nursing.

I am not in a good mood today and would love to sit in the sun with at cup of coffee but would have to chip off the icicles. People who scoff at global warming should live in the midwest this spring! Sharon I understood exactly what you are saying...two people trying to fit into new places. Elaine how lucky you and John were...Joystoy your friends and family are incredibly lucky to have you in their lives. Beth enjoy your quiet day. Have a fabulous Sunday all...

Comment

Morning Maye...you slipped in while i was typing. I love when you said 4AM..when the tv goes on, the cat gets yelled at, coffee smells. LOL!!!

Comment

Oh, good morning!!! I didn't get here at all yesterday. Not even to read! So I just read all of yesterday's and this morning's.
                  I think one of the helpful things about being married to a teacher was being used to having him home for many times during the school year. And then when he retired he helped me in daycare. Not too much, but he was always there when I needed someone to be with the kids so I could cook or take a bathroom break. And he was the one to do the school run when we had to pick up kids, etc. And I was the boss lady! Boy, do I miss him! 73 when he passed away .

I can't get into that place; too many tears can show up at a moment and I have my makeup done for church...
                  But, I gotta say, Sharon, I totally understand what you are saying and not a bit worried about you. This is my safe place to speak lmy mind with my friends.
                  I admire all of you so much for the strengths you have and for the people you share with in your lives.

Donna, I wish I had someone to go to yard sales with...I am not a good haggler. I just fork over the money or not. So, one thing I have done is let a friend of mine know what I am looking for and he usually finds it. He was one of the most popular cashiers Ever at our local grocery store and everyone around here knows him and loves him. He could talk his way around and out of anything, I think. So, when I decided I wanted a 10" cast iron skillet, I let him know and he found one! Other than that, eBay is my yard sale!

And about David buying the cars: I remembered a funny story. Gary always went to our dealership and picked out cars. He would bring it home and show me (doing daycare) and I would either like it or say, Too much of a grandma car, or I hate the color, and then bring back something else. Finally, he would sign paperwork, bring home papers for me to sign and take back and finally, at the end of the day, we would have anew car. I didn't think anything about it until a few years and cars alter, I actually went with Gary to get a car on the weekend. The two guys called out, Hey, come meet Gary's wife. She really exists!
                  They were kidding, but I hadn't ever thought of how many times they just let me sign a paper never having seen me. For our cars, our kids cars...quite a few when we tallied it up. Small town business at its best!
                  When I decided to get rid of the van because the remote doors were not working and it was just time, I was so nervous about going in by myself that I put it off almost too long. They were so kind when I did. they even let me take this car for the whole weekend (Memorial Day weekend) to try it out. I had thought I wanted another van and told the salesman to hold the van I had seen on the lot for after this car trial. I got home from the dearlership (about 2 miles) and called and said, Forget that van. I think this is it!
                  Anyway, thanks for listening and jogging my memory about picking out cars, Maye. And I always chose the furniture and decorations. Evened out.

Church and the next to last finance class. Our last one will be next week and everyone said that food should be involved!
                  For the church family game night Friday there was way more food than people so Becky and I covered up and stored the food we took and left it for the funeral celebration of life the next day. It was a white Texas sheet cake and lemon chex mix. So yummy stuff and I was happy not to have to cook again.

Can I say one more thing? We had a 50th birthday party at a Mexican restaurant last night. My friend's choice as it was her birthday.
                  I asked for Diet coke twice and never got it. Our server was just not around much and we waitied forever to order and then my food was just nothing special. I do know lots of people who like this place. but not me!
                  Oh, and our water was not replenished as well as no soda! And Bland Mexican food...What?! I mean, done. I didn't leave my usual big tip, either.

If I think of anything else, I will save it for another day.
                  Serves me right for not checking in yesterday. Missed you all!

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OMG, Paula...that was how we bought cars when the boys were young. Jon was so horrible that I stayed home and he would drive them home for me to give the thumbs up or down! The new cars were mine and he would take my older one and trade in his old model. Small towns are so accommodating and when I lived in town they would drive out and change a flat for me. The three drivers in this house all have cars from that dealership...they earned our loyalty..

Afternoon Everyone! Would you believe there is freakin' snow in the air???? I'm a silver lining girl, but even I couldn't see the lining in all this.

​Yesterday was good. We had fun going to different estate sales. I found a few things but Cork wasn't as lucky. Came home and started working on cleaning up the kitchen. Didn't bake a single thing. We went out for Chinese for lunch, so I didn't really cook dinner....each for his own.

​This morning was church & SS. Took Blaise down to Kathy's for the afternoon. I need to figure out something to take to cards tonight. We are having pizza for supper, so I won't be cooking the main dish. Also need to make Corky's lunch food for the week. I want to take a nap somewhere along the line.....nap first or nap afterwards? Hmmmmm.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yep I believe it...I believe anything about this weather. We had a frost warning last night and we are a few days from May and I am still sleeping in my flannel jams with flannel sheets on my bed!

• maxie
                    maxie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yep I believe it...I believe anything about this weather. We had a frost warning last night and we are a few days from May and I am still sleeping in my flannel jams with flannel sheets on my bed!

Hi. Good afternoon.
                  I’m kinda fuzzy-headed today. Stayed up too late reading last night. Didn’t get my whole nights sleep, and I might just nap after lunch.

It’s still in The low 90’s here, but will drop to the mid 80’s tomorrow. The winds started up again yesterday afternoon. It’s pretty breezy now, but the winds should be picking up again.
                  I’m surprised to read that the Great Lakes area is supposed to get snow today? Is the weather crazy or what?

Well, my PCP must be going on vacation or something....I got a call that my appointment is pushed out from May to June.
                  But it’s a general routine checkup anyway. She doesn’t interfere with the more complicated health issues.

Sharon, I totally know what you’re going through. You both will be making a few concessions, but in time it will work itself out.
                  Paula, can you post the recipe for Lemon Chex Mix? That sounds so good!

To all, hope you are all having a good day. 🤗
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X