Monday a new week!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday a new week!

Good morning...almost ready for work....I have a house full this morning with my parents and sister..I got up extra early to fix breakfast for everyone and no one wanted any..

Work today....not sure of the afternoon..mayb Sam's

Dinner tonight...I am cooking for 6 people. Actually 7 because we will take supper to e at work. Spagetti garlic bread and salad are on The menu. Then ice treats at e' s work for dessert.

Good SUNNY Morning! Lovin' it!

​Yesterday was good. I was so afraid I'd forget to go to the nursing home at 2pm, so as soon as I got home from delivering Blaise to Kathy, I set the timer on the stove. Got the potato salad made, and the chicken chunked & coated for the Orange Ck I was making for supper. Had a nice time doing the service at the nursing home. Came home and worked on finishing up the dinner and cleaning. Kathy arrived with Blaise just in time for dinner with everyone else. We had a nice evening playing cards. It was a different mix. Besides me & my Mom, we had my Aunt P and my cousin's daughter Sh. Lots of laughs.

​In the meantime, Corky worked on replacing my Mom's hot water tank ALL day...noon to 7:30pm. It was suppose to be an easy & quick job. Sometimes I think he's Tim the Tool Man Taylor. It was nice he did that for my Mom though. She was going to hire someone to come today & do it. Didn't realize the tanks were so expensive anymore.

This morning I'm running into town for some supplies & the bank. Then it's home to mix & bake. Blaise has karate tonight at 5:15, so it'll be a quick meal as soon as he gets home.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning to all....Beth sounds like you have it all organized, that is a good thing, enjoy the company.

Donna, glad all went well at nursing home, as usual you are busy, busy, busy....sure glad Cork could help your Mom, I think everything is expensive nowadays and not made as well either...

I cleaned some windows yesterday and will do a few more today, not wearing myself out getting them done, one room at a time, the sunroom has the most plus a french door or whatever they are called..each room will be windows, curtains and mini blinds cleaned...can say one thing, without a woodburner or fireplace miniblinds stay a whole lot cleaner...supposed to be a beautiful warm day out so great day to be doing windows for sure.

Not much else happening here, a slow but steady job of spring cleaning, not like it use to be, the older I get the less I do..

Have a great day one and all..

(Maxie I missed it, what happened to Sierra?)

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning.

Sharon, I KNOW what you mean about fireplace dust. House is full of it. Glad we are finished with that chore for a year.

Cancer center and doctor this morning. Never know what we will find.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
          Today I should clean the floors. Then get back in my craft room and see what I can give to the kids. Also have to thaw out some meat for tonight’s dinner.
          It’s supposed to be 93° today, and rising to the mid 90’s this week. 🌵
          E needs to start getting stuff together for next week’s bulky trash pickup.
          I have a bunch of books to donate and need to sort through those. E mailed a cookbook to DD in WA, and the mailing cost was $30, almost the price of the book itself. Books are no longer cheap to mail.

Otherwise, not much else going on here. Oh, I think our small birds have returned. 😁 I love hearing bird songs.
          Nothing else new here.

Have a great day! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning all! It is raining but not cold. No matter since I have no plans for the day. Yesterday was one of those start something and end up doing a bunch of other little jobs and not getting anything finished. Watched the ballgame and computer shopped, ironed. I see Jon brought up 2 cans of spaghetti sauce but no meat. Wonder what he thinks I can do with 2 cans of sauce? So I have no meal ideas and everyone will be home today. It is only Monday and I am out of ideas for meals.

Sharon, I think Sierra is fine...getting better anyway. The clinic did not find any infection and recommended a high dose of ibuprofin and seeing her primary if the pain continued. She worked yesterday and is off to school this morning then back to work this afternoon and she did not complain this morning so hoping it was just a muscular thing or something.

Beth you are on the ball this morning and an excellent hostess for making breakfast. Enjoy your visit. Your mother is really fortunate Corky can install her water heater. The last one I did was very expensive especially after adding labor. A handy man is a Godsend!!!!

I left the vacuum out yesterday thinking I would finish up today but I have a feeling that was a dream...no energy this morning. Need to get some menus together so I can shop if necessary. Another week of boring meals and laundry and cleaning. I need a vacation or a solid week of decent weather.

Take care all....another week to start.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I am ordering the air fryer today!

Good Monday morning! the weather is going to be wonderful and most of our activities are planned for outside.

Last week a friend texted and asked if I wanted some pop up tents and tunnels for the kids. I said yes, not really knowing what she was talking about.
            So cool! I have seen them in catalogs: nylon pop up kid sized tents with connecting tunnels. On Friday they had so much fun putting them up and rearrangning them, etc. I said we could take then outside after the dew dries and see how we like them in the grass yard. the kids can easily fold them back up and they fit behind a crib, so it was a great donation...not all are.

Sharon, what kind of birds were you wanting to come to your feeder? I can't remember what you said, but google what kind of seed attracts _________and put it out. good luck on getting the birds to come.

Beth, you are awesome for getting up and getting things ready. Maybe just have some muffins or fruit for them if they aren't into eating breakfast. I would love to get up and have someone with food all ready for me!

That said: I have to go get things ready for today. Bottles need to be fixed and sippy cups for my two 2 year olds, oops, one just turned 3, but the Spillers as I call them, need to have their water cups ready.

Take care and have a good day! Take a break between cleaning!!!

Comment

• boffler
              boffler commented
              Editing a comment
              Paula no certain kind of bird, just any and all birds, LOL...new at this...hummingbird feeders and flowers out front for them later. Will go buy a mixed food for the feeder...just as long as there is not any thistle seed in it...

I just got up early enough to make eggs for everyone and they wanted to make their own...no skin off me...my feelings weren't hurt at all!

Comment

Working...
            X